Everything posted by Berisford
-
Bosch Aerotwin Front wiper set…….
All very curious - I don’t know why it was showing the wrong code last night ……… glad you got the correct ones at the lower price.
-
Bosch Aerotwin Front wiper set…….
Apologies, the code should have read Bosch A864S, either way the deal has now expired and price has gone up £3 - still reasonable at £18.74.
-
Towbar fitting
I was always in ore of the Skoda ‘electrically folding tow bar’ - that was until I got to see one in the metal, so to speak. The ‘electric’ bit is a little oversold, simply releasing the hitch from its cradle and expecting the owner to lock it into position didn’t quite fulfil my expectations I somehow envisaged something more, a Bowden cable would do the job somewhat more simply and cheaper.
-
Bosch Aerotwin Front wiper set…….
Just a quick ‘heads up’ folks - Bosch front wiper set (A640s) currently available on Amazon at a very reasonable £15.62……..
-
Key fob battery
I’ve put a Duracell 2025 in one fob and a 2032 (it fits) in the other to see if it makes any great difference.
-
DSG Parking
I suspect the DSG box doesn't actually select / and or is reluctant to go into 1st in 'D' when in situations such as you mention, despite the indicator showing 'D1'......? I've noticed when creeping along in traffic the display will often show 'D1' but the moment I touch the go pedal it changes to 'D2' ..... Just my 2p worth.........
-
Power Tailgate Fault
Like the keyless entry it's another feature that 99% of owners never needed............
-
Waiting for a new car?
As I've got older the cut and thrust of negotiating a good price on a car has lost much of its appeal, not least than for such as the reasons mentioned above by FlyingGecko. A friend has in recent years become a firm advocate of companies such as DriveTheDeal, they source a good price, you take it or leave it, monies paid only to the dealer who then gives a commission to the broker. All well and good, so I've used this route for my latest purchase (waiting for 'chips') Superb. However, even this seemingly simplified buying route has managed to rattle my cage. When going over the initial order paperwork the Skoda main dealer tells me the price includes (driven) delivery to my house (some 120 miles) - but the option to collect from the showroom is available. Having previously priced up the rail fare (early train pre-booked a few weeks in advance) at £15.50 I asked if a collection by me could be incentivised by covering my rail fare - at which point the dealer went into full 'customer service mode' and flatly refused, so I dropped the suggestion. Seems their business model is happy to pay someone to drive my new car 120 miles with at least £25 in fuel and have them go back on the train where the turn up at the station price will be £70 or so........... There's a good chance this will be my last new car.
-
Waiting for a new car?
A local VW dealer I visited recently with the intention of buying a Passat estate wouldn’t let me ‘take a leak’ in their toilets and despite relenting that was enough for the sale to be lost - no test drive until order placed would have warranted walking out without any discussion for me………….
-
Waiting for a new car?
I'm not too concerned about how long my new motor might be stood in the open awaiting 'chips' but what does bother me is 'where do these chips live in the motor'? That is, if they're buried deep in the dash then I assume the motors are stood with much of the interior trim missing? I hate having dealers doing serious repairs that require much of the interior trim removing / refitting 'cause It never goes back right!
-
Adaptive cruise control accident
Dealers seem to be milking the ‘calibration’ procedure………..
-
First AdBlue fill and it didn’t go to plan……..
Kodiaq - The Kodiak bear also known as the Kodiak brown bear, sometimes the "Alaskan brown bear", inhabits the islands of the Kodiak Archipelago in southwest Alaska.
-
What to expect from heated mirrors
Were they actually 'on' - some VAG models need the heated rear screen on to activate the mirrors?
-
Wireless Phone Charger
Yep, especially when you know a cable connection will run the GPS and charge a almost empty iPhone fully within an hour or so...........
-
Coolbox in boot
I run a Halfords 14ltr box that uses 40w and claims to draw 3.5amps - I'm happy letting it run up to 2 hours unattended - it's quite a small battery on the Karoq..........not a problem in my Golf inasmuch as the socket is ignition controlled but the box is poor at retaining any 'coolness' without constant supply. Been looking at the highly regarded 12v compressor boxes but they are serious money, cost more than a domestic fridge!
-
Coolbox in boot
Perhaps you need to test the voltage available and confirm the cut-out is indeed 11.6.....?
-
Service Costs - Confused or Naive
All seems very expensive to me……..?
-
Sat Nav start screen
This same problem came up a few months ago, very similar picture, can’t find it using the ‘search’ but I’m sure it was something quite trivial………..
-
Four months update Sel 1.5 Karoq.
Crikey, that's a long time ordered.....!
-
Superb MKIII owners register
Very nice - what would that cost new in Australia then and do you have any punitive crippling extra road tax to pay as we do here in the UK for running a so called 'Luxury' motor?
-
Skoda "All-in-one" Package
Ah, so it is.......
-
Skoda "All-in-one" Package
-
Screen wash bottle leaking
Yes, 14mm x 1.5 wheel locating pin - lots on Ebay or a little cheaper on AliExpress.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002664263391.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.25c26a22fCphTR&algo_pvid=c69836d4-65bc-46ff-b4b7-78b223785f32&algo_exp_id=c69836d4-65bc-46ff-b4b7-78b223785f32-8
-
Permanently Disable Stop/Start
All well and good until you meet a MOT ‘Nazi’ - I had one a couple of years ago - he was taking ages to do the paperwork so I popped my head through into the office and asked if there was a problem - “not sure” he said and went onto explain that he was searching for confirmation one way or the other about my Golf not having its engine cover on……..he was convinced it was a ‘fail’ but couldn’t find the relevant section so I got a pass. Jerk! - Not been back there since.
-
Screen wash bottle leaking
Well, that’s one of the joys of operating a branch of ‘Kerbside Motors’ eh……….as for the heavy wheels, I agree, especially when, like me you’re approaching 70. I use one of those locating pins, well worth the £5 I paid. Glad you are sorted and you never know, that knowledge on how to remove the bottle may come in one day……….