Skip to content

Berisford

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Berisford

  1. That 'cough' does sound like a air-con clutch.........?
  2. Berisford replied to Cvak's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I let ours go this week (priced 2 weeks ago) - whilst I was happy with the price and got £850 more than I paid 2 years 8 months ago - if I’d have hung on ‘till today, that £850 would have been £1200 - surely this bubble has got to burst soon - who is buying used motors for way more than they cost new?
  3. After 2 years and 8 months I’ve waved goodbye to ours - sold it for £850 more than we paid…………didn’t even have any service costs as it came with the 2 ‘free’ services included.
  4. I'd imagine if it has been with the dealer for investigation then it's unlikely to be user error......?
  5. Yes, my wife would like a new Fabia but looking at the options some stuff, as you say, is stupidly expensive, case in point, a centre armrest (a must for me) in the Colour version is an extra £640.....scandalous!
  6. I'm waiting on my Superb from Gt Yarmouth too, build week was (allegedly) 29 so based on your experience I'm around 6 weeks to go...........
  7. Crikey…….are Skoda doing this too - I like to know there’s a spare available?
  8. There's always going to something seemingly better to wait for - trade off is whilst you might gain a little in the 'aesthetics' area you often lose out in others inasmuch as little things are taken away from the standard spec.
  9. Curious how it was making such a regular sound - and how many times in its life do you think the roof has been opened to bring about the wear? This tale of woe just adds to the reasons I have for never again buying a car with a sunroof. Last one I had was a Ford Scorpio in 1989 - trouble it was from day 1……….🤠 Glad you’ve (hopefully) found the problem.
  10. Anyone done a 'on-line' registration swap lately - how quickly did the V5 come back?
  11. Indeed, the link takes me to ‘broken’ page on Amazon. Question for anyone using this charger: Can it keep pace, that is, can it recharge the phone adequately whilst connected wirelessly to AppleCarplay? In other words, does the Skoda ‘C’ output provide enough power?
  12. Mine won’t be quite as rusty as yours, built week 29………..
  13. I assume the OP means how to make the running lights orange?
  14. Our SEL 1.0 DSG drops into S7 anything between 50 & 70 depending on how hard I'm asking it to work............
  15. Looks the job - but does it work in a Superb Mk3.....?
  16. Not that I’ve got any suggestions but just to be clear, is that before you activate the ignition or after you switch off, remove the key and open the door? VW group vehicles have various media / radio ‘powered up’ status situations once you unlock……….
  17. For me a flat bottom wheel makes it so much easier to get in and out - folk used to take the p*ss out of our Toyota Yaris with a FBW but for old folk, best thing ever. Currently running around in a Juke - terrible vehicle for access into the drivers seat - needs a FBW.
  18. And the weight - I consider myself reasonably fit but I struggle to lift a Karoq wheel & tyre........
  19. Only ever had one ‘air-con’ service done and that was certainly a ‘con’. Vehicle came back blowing warmer than when it went in………dealer claimed the temperature was ‘within spec’. I’m in the if it’s working leave it alone camp now.
  20. Had a ‘update’ from my dealer yesterday, no good news on my week 29 car but they did have 7 vehicles arriving next week and all built week 27 28 & 29.
  21. As I understand it, yes. 😎
  22. You could try re-syncing the key though it doesn't sound as if it's the problem - but worth a go anyway? I think it's first remove the key hole cover on the drivers door - then press the unlock button on the remote for a moment and then unlock and hold for a few moments with the key in the lock..........
  23. Yep, same scenario here, talked her through the procedure over the phone.......
  24. Reading this post leaves me disappointed (and concerned) in Skoda and their R&D - the Superb 280 fuel smell/leak has been a topic on here for many years - you’d have thought they would be on top of this by now………..

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.