Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Edit now SOLD. Having upgraded the intercooler and boost pipes/hoses I’m left with a surplus set of intercooler inlet and outlet pipes. These are 70mm diameter so won’t fit the standard intercooler. These come with new hose clamps. Location is SW London/Surrey and price is £75 including postage.
  2. Alongside my intercooler upgrade was all the pipes from the turbo outlet to intercooler and then from intercooler to throttle body. Purely surplus to requirements following upgrade and no intention to replace the parts now upgraded. Come with all clips and mounts. Location is SW London/Surrey. Price is £50. Postage/courier to be arranged with buyer. They are in the original Wagner Tuning packaging for the replacement items and so are well packaged and the box is pretty big.
  3. Hi All, Having upgraded my intercooler, my standard one is for sale. It’s EA888 gen4 which, from what I can see, is the same for both the high (280-330bhp depending on application) and low power engine codes (mostly 245 such as Octavia Mk4 vRS). Car has done just shy of 28,000 miles. Nothing wrong with it, is just surplus to requirement. Given the work involved to switch, I’m not planning on ever switching it back. It doesn’t come with any pipe work but I have a couple of options in other items for sale. Location is SW London/Surrey. Postage/courier to be worked out. It’s in the original Wagner Tuning box that the updated one came in so it’s in all that packaging in a pretty big box. Price £60 - delivery tbc (I have no idea what to estimate).
  4. Reflash done. The car feels transformed. Much keener throttle, more induction noise from lower down. For such a small output gain, this has been as transformative as to Stage 1
  5. Replaced the intercooler and boost pipes/hoses yesterday at thephirm - the guy working on my car, Simon, was seriously pedantic about doing a perfect job. Says he likes to work on it as if its his own car. Was there for ages and I helped out for the last couple of hours where I could and could see the lengths he would go to to get everything right; builds a lot of trust to see that first hand so if you're in the area it gets the absolute thumbs up from me. Now to plug in the RacingLine PDM and reflash to Stage 1+...
  6. Wagner Tuning intercooler and boost pipes are in. Went to thephirm in Camberley. While I was a bit anxious about the admin as they seemed to be happy with a hell of a lot of work in a day (new discs and pads and braided brake hoses were booked in too but there was definitely no time for all that without another mechanic working on it) the work that was done was absolutely brilliant. Arrived at the end of the day to find the front still in bits so stuck around for a couple of hours and was an extra pair of hands and just chatting to the guy working on the car about all sorts. Turns out he had previously worked at Wheelbase where the car is regularly serviced so that was a nice link. Also had the front trim panel cut out so airflow was better into the car (although looks like I’ve taken a pic of the wrong side 🤦🏻‍♂️). But both sides are now completely open. Again, the guy wanted to do a proper job rather than drill some large holes so he got a saw out and cut it completely open. He was really finicky about doing everything absolutely right. Now to reflash to Stage 1+ RL quoted figures are 433bhp and 550NM of torque. I don’t have a rolling road session so will have to go with theirs (with a pinch of salt). Main thing for me is the better flow through the pipework and intercooler.
  7. My first thought too. Any entirely unexplained electronics = check battery first.
  8. Check out his project thread here - he uses E10‑85‑042‑02‑22 according to that
  9. I don't think its a case of trusting the dealer or not, I think the point is dealers don't have that stage in the process. It tends to be VAG specialists that have identified that and will do it (and sometimes provide before and after pics too). In the grander scheme of things, I'd say don't bother with dealer unless you're maintaining a warranty and even then I think there is a split between "servicing" and "maintenance" and dealers just have to undertake the annual servicing, they don't have to do the further maintenance jobs. I think @Ootohere is the specialist for these aspects and will put me right if I've missed the point...
  10. Might depend which model you have. I was doing this and was disappointed it didn't work until I realised it was the digital dash, not the head unit (and I'd just assume wrongly): 23.05.09 OK * Dashboard Start Screen (the clue was here I suppose!) 17 Dashboard Long coding orig. 05A50019FF8C000A0188734B0001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A0189734B0001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A018A734B1001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A018B734B1001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A018C734B1001000800600001 -> 05A50019FF8C000A018D734B1001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A018E734B1001000800600001 05A50019FF8C000A018F734B1001000800600001 or -> Start screen: orig. Version 1 L&K Version 2 vRS Green Version 3 vRS Red Version 4 Scout Version 5 Škoda -> Version 6 Sport Line Version 7 Škoda Version 8 Škoda This is from the facelift VCDS thread - is this what you mean?
  11. Presume this is non-DCC? The only B8 Damptronic I could find was for Porsche (Macan I think edit: 911) whereas searching for Skoda Superb parts only returns B6. Guess it settles the dilemma anyway.
  12. I think just plenty busy with life most likely.
  13. Think of L&K being the top old man spec as opposed to the Sportline being the younger person’s top of the range. Don’t discount the right car by distance; especially if through a dealer. I bought mine from Exeter when based in London. Drove the old one down, and swapped over driving the new one back.
  14. The Ceri glass kit already has a rayon pad with it I think - the orange block with the white side to it in gaz’s pic. I only know as I’ve previously bought one separately and it says Rayon down the side. Agree a polisher will make mincemeat out of the effort like a drill driver does instead of a screwdriver. Tbh @Gaz you don’t have to spend big money if you’ll only use it occasionally. The difference between a Flex or Rupes versus, say, a Das 6 is refinement. The latter will bring on fatigue much quicker than the former 2. @numskull was mooting a cheap and cheerful cordless DA with a 1” backing plate to me a while back. Would be absolutely fine for stuff like this I reckon.
  15. Very valid point. I used to have a B5 S4. Remap, coil overs, snub mount, RS4 exhaust. But I was doing a 50mile round trip to the office and that was not a sensible car to do it in. Loved it but it was costly. My Dad was driving a B5 2.5tdi at the time and we mooted the idea of swapping. I took the diesel for a test drive and within about 10seconds the prospect of swapping actually depressed me. Never changed, best decision ever. You can’t take it with you and @chrisgreen is bang on the money that you won’t be sitting here in 12 months time noticing the extra cash in your pocket. So live and enjoy it!
  16. Idea from left field. Strip it as a track car. Lose the air con, lose all interior aside from a single bucket, sell those parts off to recoup dosh and add lightness. Will still be big but get it lighter than a Fabia.
  17. The way I understand it, B4 Damptronic are replacement for standard; B6 Damptronic are stiffer and B8 are shorter so more suited to lowered cars. However whenever I search for B8 Damptronic I only find some Porsche Macan version so they’re out of the running unless someone can point to the magic items.
  18. Nuts that something has left the factory and then been ignored ever since. Is it more usual than I’d think? I’ve got no experience of factory QC so happy to be corrected if this sort of thing goes on often.
  19. Can you please use a translation tool before posting, as it will greatly increase the help you get? its also the language specified in the forum rules, again to maximise the help we can give each other. thanks! In Turkish: Lütfen mesaj yazmadan önce bir çeviri aracı kullanabilir misiniz, bu size daha fazla yardım sağlayacaktır. Ayrıca forum kurallarında belirtilen dil de aynı şekilde, birbirimize verebileceğimiz yardımı en üst düzeye çıkarmak için. Teşekkürler!
  20. Yeah that’s nuts but there is a chance that something misses QC. As long as you get it sorted at no cost that’s the main thing 👍🏼
  21. Once you've got the DSG sorted, I'd focus on other aspects - handling, braking, tweaks to the inside. I'm getting HEL braided hoses put in and now replacing the discs and pads. The Mtec/ATE ones were ok but I've found a place that is doing some relatively cheap SHW Performance Clubsport replica floating discs so swapping those over too. That will make me happier. Then I've got to keep my eye on springs and shocks for the future. I did try to get a RoadRage Performance Haldex Flash but it doesn't work on mine as my controller is a revised unit apparently. Would put it to 100% 50:50 torque split front to rear so pity they don't have one for mine yet.
  22. I'd def agree with getting the basics sorted @spen686. Intercooler is a nice to have but tuning definitely follows the law of diminishing returns. A remap will do wonders for you - increase boost, advance timing, up the fuel pressure perhaps - all of those things to give you a good 60/70bhp upwards for c.£1k Next stage for me using RL needs the R600 intake with intake hose and turbo inlet and intercooler. R600 + intake is about £600 and I can do that myself. Intercoolers seem to range from £800 and it looks like an absolute pig of a job to do. Half the front of the car has to come off, and the radiators are all together in a bunch. I wouldn't have the skill, confidence or tools to do it so that's why its booked in. So I'm looking at same again cost for labour I think. I also bought Wagner Tuning's boost hose pack because it seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back to uprate the intercooler but all the hoses from turbo to intercooler, and intercooler to throttle body are standard. Straightforward to do with so much access to the intercooler area The next stage needs uprated exhaust - now this either losing the gpf altogether, or a sports gpf. The latter is a captured market. The only one I can find is north of £2.5k from HJS. That's EC compliant so it meets emissions regs. Like this for example. Only one I can find for the Gen4 engine. Otherwise its removing the GPF and, while it might still pass emissions, its technically illegal so you invalidate your insurance. At which point, I can't go any further unless a lottery win renders £3k of downpipe replacement acceptable.
  23. They also removed the middle resonator from around 2019. I don’t know whether it was the facelift when moving to the gen4 DNFE engine or still on the late gen3 DNUA (which I think you have @SaabDude ). The GPF does all the work of reducing any meaningful sound. So if yours has it (which I think it does) then you can either pay for a compliant sports GPF (only one I have seen is a £2,800 HJS item) or delete the GPF which is illegal. You might pass emissions but it invalidates your insurance.
  24. If you do end up going for this I have one surplus to requirements which you can def have for cheaper than that. Never used (bought the wrong one). Definitely look underneath and check your mount though. The reason I bought the wrong one was because I assumed badly.
  25. That's a point about discs I didn't address previously. I've got Mtec drilled and grooved discs. I've read the grooves are to funnel heat away and/or cleaning/deglazing the pad face. I've also read the vents and cross-drilled holes are more effective at that anyway They create a whirring sound on longer heavier braking occurences which is what it is and down to taste - yo either like it or put up with it. What I remember seeing on any 'performance road' car vehicle with not-plain discs tends to be drilled or dimpled rather than grooved. Golf R Clubsport, AMG Mercs, Audi RSs - some of the more racebred stuff probably has grooves but at the end of the day I'd say for anything that's more "sport-normal" I don't think you're getting what you pay for.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.