Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. I'd agree with this about everything except tyres (nothing else springs to mind at the moment) where a better tyre can be cheaper because of unusual pricing strategies (on reflection, not unlike insurance I guess). You can substitute a premium standard tyre with a premium tyre of larger width thereby increasing grip/safety, and in this case I believe make the speedo more accurate for less cost (or at least you could at the time). I guess an insurance risk analyst also sees higher risk as higher premium though.
  2. Bloody Octavia drivers, coming over here making claims about our Superbs. Go back to Octavialand! 😝
  3. It’s not going off on a tangent as such, it’s using accurate technical terminology to sound like it knows what it’s talking about. Problem is, as far as we know there isn’t a later software than v332. If you told it you were on 332, it’s likely it’s just told you later software has a fix for it because that’s an obvious thing to say. Would be good to find that’s the issue but nothing to corroborate at the mo…
  4. @OccyVRS is spot on with this, it’s common on this part. It’s just very rubbish painting on the rears. It’s just a bit unfortunate that the chunk of paint didn’t fall away from the caliper. Otherwise nothing wrong with them so don’t worry.
  5. I moved from the standard 235/40/19 to 245/40/19. Partly for the larger contact patch, partly for the price (more common sizes tend to be cheaper taking advantage of economies of scale). No difference in feel and I’d have to take it on a track and compare track times to see whether I’ve gotten any benefit. Since then prices seem to have altered and 235/40/19 seems to be just as competitive, if not cheaper and the 245s I had (Goodyear F1 Asy5) just looked a bit bulgy and not as neat. Might not be the same for all makes but I’ll go back to 235s when it’s time to change. Just not worth it. There’s also the minor matter that a tyre size change away from manufacturer recommendation needs to be informed to them so check that too just in case.
  6. As I always say - look at IDA or PVD websites for Detailers near you. These will be properly trained and qualified guys who’ve been taught what to do and why. There are guys who just do it and have built up experience but these may be hit or miss. Get someone who’s got a proper professional setup 👍🏼
  7. Could hit the visor with steam at least. Most other options like Ozone, an odourbomb, or an enzyme cleaner are usually for bacteria and mould. They kill living organisms which smoke residue isn’t. Any that are scented like the odourbomb might be which only mask the smell in the shorter term, but they’re all about disinfecting.
  8. Exactly that. Used to smoke but if it was dry the window was always fully down (mk1/2/3 fiesta, Citroen zx/saxo) and the butt went out the window (horrendous I know but that’s all I knew back then). The only lingering smell was when the ash was blown around started to collect on the rear parcel shelf and after a hoover that had largely gone. Cigarette smoke is oily and sticky - I found the best thing for it was steam to reactivate it and break it but you can use that on fabric seats and carpets but ceilings and leather are a no-no. You’d need something with a bit of a solvent action to soften and absorb the oily residue but solvents will ultimately do the same damage to leather clearcoat
  9. I’m guessing Fichelin Bilot Sports.
  10. You’d think that everything would be simple but there may be crossover issues. There’s plenty of examples of facelift 0.5 models where some things are upgraded and others aren’t. I had an Audi B5 S4 which was known as a 1999.5 model - most facelifted items but still has an analogue clock in the dash - they obviously had a surplus to use up. I was hoping to have my Haldex tuned for permanent 50:50 but it turns out my Haldex controller is a revised part that can’t be written to (or written to yet). AAWireless are talking rubbish. It’s none of their business what the car advertises or doesn’t. It’s a bull**** line to fob you but you might as well take it, they’re not going to help. My bet is they’ know they’ll not be able to help but don’t want the narrative to be that they weren’t competent. I’d say the power cycle thing is possible for one unit but the chance it’s written into the code of two completely different units when they should just be able to hot plug (connect when on) would be much rarer. I think. But also you might get around it by unplugging them and plugging them in each journey. That would simulate a power cycle? Bit of a faff but less than going into phone settings menus. Is the wired connection bad on both the USBC and the USBA in the armrest? If not the latter, perhaps try using that and leave the USB-C for occasional power? Or does it lose power connection as well as data connection?
  11. Tried this yesterday with CarPlay out of curiosity - nothing displayed on digital dash.
  12. Good work; nice to see stuff like this bear decent fruit!
  13. Actually - I found this thread: Thread about OCU which may explain why it was with Skoda all day. I think it was the OCU they were flashing and the MIB update was different.
  14. I've never actually read about OCU updates to be honest - only ever see references to MIB or Maps. Done a bit more research and it you can get some versions from vegarz' folder here (cheers as always @vegarz ) - might have a look at that myself but I don't think its on the Software Version page so need to look to see which version I'm on. The Dealer did a software update for me from 278 to 306 - I've always said had loads of problems with SOS button which seemed to be cure by that update but maybe they updated the OCU at the same time and never told me...
  15. Has been mentioned elsewhere too - looks like its part of the update to one of the later softwares
  16. It won't be that a doorlock isn't locking, it'll be that its not feeding back its status so the car either doesn't think its locked (so tried again) or doesn't know whether its locked or not, so defaults to some attempt to go through the process again to be sure.
  17. Yep I’ve got folders named artist and then the albums in there. Comes up exactly that. That’s just organising using file names. if you have all the meta data within the files with artist and album then I think you can pick it up with that but it depends what info is in the file
  18. Could be coincident, could be something he did. Plenty of Detailers out there seem to use all sorts of stuff that they shouldn’t. I say that as International Detailing Association Certified and Validated. Possible for this is generous use of steam which can introduce moisture into the electrical components. It can be used but not anywhere near switchgear. You could contact them and ask what products and techniques were used in the interior but don’t mention the windows as it cues them up to deny anything flatly. Otherwise, I’d just write it off and make sure you look at IDA or pro-valets website for qualified guys next time 👍🏼 Either way, as JR RS said, it can be swapped out so solvable.
  19. What about a USB one? Might come up in the media menu then. No idea if they’d talk to each other though
  20. From me it’s going to be the blind leading the blind from here on. Great that the software is updated and also the media codec and radio database have changed too so they must be baked into it. Def try the other keys. Have you done resets as in holding the power button until it reboots and the logo comes up?
  21. That doggy is gonna love being on the roof 😂
  22. Does look like it comes in 2 halves... https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3v0061680-protective-cover-of-the-rear-seats-skoda-31791.html So it looks like you can put both halves on one section and you have a little seat protector bucket for one side of the car...
  23. My google came back with this...any better an idea? Hopefully just a software update? Otherwise there's always the potential "how old is the battery?" question when electrical gremlins start appearing...
  24. I had a Network Error when I first downloaded maps - but in Chrome downloads there is an option to resume - I think the PC went to sleep and that interrupted it. Nuts about the Skoda Connect though. I think I did it all at the same time when I first had the car and that was on v278 so never needed to set it up on later versions.
  25. No probs Yes either one of those are data-connected so will be fine Absolutely no idea. Its another variable but you'll have to wait and see I think...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.