Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Hey @mike21sport - what was the outcome on this? Any better?
  2. Isn't this a massive fault across pretty much all of VAG? Speculation about crossing towers or patchy network in places? I live with it. Some people talk of hitting the emergency call button to reboot the system but has sometimes ended in an awkward call being answered
  3. The financial impact I'd agree with thinking about, but there's a lot of analysis over a time difference you'd be lucky to notice. For what its worth, Golf R Estate, Seat Leon Cupra 300 Lux Estate (or if lucky with pricing Cupra R Estate) - Skoda Superb with the EA888 engine. Golf R needs DCC as an option. Most don't Seat will lose value although the R's are rare so would hold better value Superb was an L&K (Sportlines rarely having digital dash as option) has room on tap even in hatchback, plethora of equipment. More car for the money - more grown up. DCC Sport mode is plenty firm, ventilated seats are infectious. You've def picked the right car OP
  4. Have a March ‘21 non-iV with wireless CarPlay. Sits in the tray charging wirelessly and connecting wirelessly. All good
  5. Leftfield opinion incoming: Gunmetal or at least an other dark grey is great - the problem with black in my mind is you lose a lot of the detail unless you're really looking at the wheel. The curve in the Koya SF10s also looks a bit more soft/rounded. The Niche look more angular and I think this suits the car's styling more. The Koya Super Rootbeer pic looks suitably angular though (hopefully its not the SF10 and I've just got **** eyes). And while I like rootbeer, it looks more suited to a blue Imprezza. So: the wheel in the Super Rootbeer pic but in a Gunmetal or maybe Black Chrome.
  6. That's a good shout to match profiles. Unfortunately, sometimes this also manifests itself as not recognising the individual key and the 2nd driver is significantly shorter than me. Got halfway down the road the other day and the car tried to surgically introduce me to the steering wheel... Pity, was hoping an update might provide a more efficiently-written code...
  7. To add to newbie69's detailed post - the gearbox pulls in the clutch (ie just the letter) in D and E. Its an interesting concept as it means basically running around with a little petrol to keep the engine idling rather than rolling in gear which, I understand, uses no petrol as the car keeps the engine turning over. The latter slows the car down because of mechanical drag and therefore, while more immediately economical, will last for less time overall.
  8. Mine has this problem. I put it down to under-rated cpu or ram, but either way its really frustrating it sits there on occasion thinking about loading a profile. Can't sit on the drive forever waiting for it to make up its mind...
  9. That looks epic - seriously good looking car matey
  10. Just picked up a 6m old Superb L&K and had the first SOS issue just now. Lots of people talking about software but there’s been speculation about battery charge too; are they both still in contention for causes?
  11. 2021 L&K Hatch picked up yesterday. Ex-GM’s car at Carr’s Exeter - 280 4x4 in Magic Black (which is a stunning colour up close). Pretty much all the main options I can see (albeit some no cost); sunroof, 2-spoke steering wheel, 19” Trinity Anthracite wheels, ventilated front seats. Enjoyed a lovely drive back to London yesterday and Southampton and back today…and got the SOS error already. Otherwise I’m loving the different characteristics in the driver profiles etc.
  12. Returner to the fold - in the bad old days I hadn't ridden since a kid. Around the time of selling that car (2015), I got into a work-sponsored charity sportive and was bitten. These days I race and am treasurer of both my club and BC South East region. Only ride Wilier (long story) and have 3 of them - pics to come... Cheers, Lee
  13. Hi all, Stepped away from the brand for a little while back in 2016 but about to collect the replacement family car so thought I'd say hello again seeing as its been a while. Looks like a few things have changed since then so will have a good lurk around for a while. Cheers, Lee

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.