Everything posted by logiclee
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
If you struggle back wise I find heated seats are worth every penny.
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
Is that an SE Drive or SEL you are driving? The SEL gets a fair hike in spec for the extra money especially if seating is important. If you are considering new then spec can be found here https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/c63f4efb-a760-4a48-931f-baad88d42aa6
-
Checking over a Yeti before purchase
Front ones are just about visible if you open the sun roof and stand on the sill but you don't see much. The exits are easy to see when the front doors are open. Rears are not visible. Water coming out each side of the rear is the best check for a blocked drain. On the scooby front we may have crossed paths if you were SIDC active around 1999-2001. I attended most of the meets/functions/trackdays during that period.
-
Checking over a Yeti before purchase
My old one was for sale a in 2022 but it's in storage and not on the road. (Photo below from 2022 sale post) Just before I sold it 23 years ago.
-
Checking over a Yeti before purchase
Front drain holes can be found when opening the door and looking down the A pillar. Rears are behind the bumper and not visible. Mine leaked at 3 years old and was repaired by main dealer under warranty (£1400) but a few months later it leaked again and required a replacement cassette at (£2400). Fortunately I have a very good relationship with my dealer and they picked up the bill. It was fine for a further 4 years until I sold it. I too am an ex Scooby guy. I had a Series McRea in the late 90's spent a few years on Scoobynet and at SIDC events and trackdays.
-
Quietest Karoq?
Our old Yeti was crashy and loud on Michelin Primacy's but they were getting on for 5 years old. Cross Climate 2's transformed the ride and road noise. I'll be fitting out the Karoq next year.
-
Quietest Karoq?
Some are, choose wisely. Official db reading for something like the Cross Climate 2's suggest it's not any quieter than most summer tyres but read the reviews. It's exceptionally quiet on poorer surfaces.
- Skoda Epiq when is it likely to be on sale
-
Quietest Karoq?
My workmate has a 23 Sportline and I have a 23 SEL. The differences in parcelshelf doesn't mask the increase in tyre noise from the wider lower profile tyres in my opinion. Both are on Bridgestones. Not tried an SE Drive though. Also worth noting that NEW MY24 SEL's don't have varioflex seats.
-
Skoda Kamiq boot torch
Skoda dropped the torch on every later model for some reason. I used mine often but my new Karoq doesn't have one now.
-
Speed Alert
Doesn't need to be signed. Road leads from a residential area which is built up with street lights . Previously was signed national speed limit, then signed 40mph, now signs removed so it's 30mph. No requirement to sign.
-
Speed Alert
I get you. This stretch of road to my house was national speed limit until 5 years ago and then they imposed a 40mp speed limit. A few months ago they dropped it to 30mph. No 30mph signs, they just removed the 40's. Catches a lot of people out. Google maps still shows it as a 40mph but the Karoq correctly reports it as 30mph.
-
Speed Alert
On my late 23 Karoq I can select speed limit warning at 0mph, 3mph or 5mph over the speed limit and have visual or visual and audio alarm. It does work if you enter a lower speed zone if you are over the preset limit.
-
AdBlue system on diesel Karoq?
No the 116 gets the dry clutch DG200 and 150 gets the wet clutch DQ381. DQ200 is rated at 250NM, DQ381 is rated at 430NM
-
AdBlue system on diesel Karoq?
You do away with the 1.6 and map the 2.0 to the same power and torque. Limiting the torque to 250NM means cheaper gearboxes and running gear. All about Market Placement. Diesel market is small now. Just 6.5% of sale in the UK so cheaper to offer one engine in different power outputs than a 1.6 and a 2.0.
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
We have a 1.0TSi 110PS in the Fabia and that's fine. For Kamiq and Karoq I'd go 1.5TSi 150PS
-
Why ford, Whhhyyyy??
It's basically a Skoda Eyaq in drag.
-
Hi all, thinking of buying either a Fabia or Kamiq
We have a Karoq and a Fabia but I have driven Kamiq and Scala extensively. The Fabia, Scala and Kamiq share the same MQB A0 platform and the interiors are very similar. The Kamiq feels like a raised Scala rather than an SUV. If you want a small raised SUV from the same stable then the VW T-Cross is worth a look. The Karoq is a different proposition. It's on the bigger MQB platform, feels a fair bit bigger than the Kamiq and you sit higher, you get more tech on the Karoq but the price is significant step up. Seating wise the Fabia and Kamiq are pretty similar, go for a model with lumbar adjustment and if mobility is an issue avoid the Monte Carlo with sports seats. The Karoq has larger seats but the seat base angle is a problem for some. As it's all subjective test drive them all and see what you think.
-
Quietest Karoq?
Go for an SEL on 18's and stick some quiet tyres on it like Cross Climate 2's. Chose the 1.5TSi, it's significantly quieter than the diesel and less grumbly than the 3 cylinder 1.0
-
EV Eco tyres on ICE from new.
I have 18" 215/50's. Cross Climate 2's I have on our Octavia, Fabia and Berlingo. And I used to have them on my Yeti. Of the others I've only tried the Goodyear which were OK but lacked steering feel on warmer dry days. Being near the Peak District the CC2's being winter biased does suit me better than someone living down South. However it looks like I'd have to go Cross Climate 2 SUV for the Karoq's size. I've never tried the SUV variant.
-
AdBlue system on diesel Karoq?
I think you'll need to choose carefully. Your Berlingo will have 130PS and 300NM @1750rpm. You are looking at the Karoq with either the 2.0TDi 115PS and 250NM @1500rpm or 1.0TSi 116PS and 200NM @2000rpm. So power and torque wise both are a step down from what you have now. Why have you discounted the 1.5TSi? 150PS and 250NM @1500rpm. With active cylinder technology economy is very similar to the 1.0TSi but performance is significantly better. It has the same low down torque as the 2.0TDi 115 but significantly more power.
-
AdBlue system on diesel Karoq?
Any particular reason you must have diesel? High Mileage? Towing? Anyway the EA288 2.0TDi is fitted widely across VAG vehicles. A few issues early on the NOx sensor but generally a reliable unit. I just swapped from a 2.0TDi 150 EA288 to a 1.5TSi 150 EVO2 EA211. To be honest I've probably had my last diesel.