Everything posted by logiclee
-
280 4x4 haldex service
Gen5 doesn't have to detect front wheel spin to start transferring torque to the rear wheels and it doesn't have to be fully engaged or disengaged. Basically a wet clutch so can transfer anything from 0 to 50% of torque to the rear wheels so can spend a significant amount of time slipping. So yes sludge from wet clutch plate wear. Gen 5 was designed to be pre-emptive so takes input from throttle, torque, gear ratio and stability systems to transfer torque rearwards before slip happens. So wears is pretty inevitable even on dry tarmac cars.
-
280 4x4 haldex service
Some will. My local dealer Rainworth will remove pump and clean gauze, will quote on paperwork and produce photos if required.
-
280 4x4 haldex service
3 years or 30k miles is the official recommendation from Skoda. Official service is for oi change only but also ensure the pump is removed and the gauze screen cleaned.
-
Advice after belt and water pump change
Even so if you are changing the water pump on a TDi it makes absolute sense to change the cambelt as the water pump is cambelt driven so it's little extra cost. On the TSi's the 2.0 camshafts are chain driven and the water pump on the 1.5tsi is not driven from the cambelt so waterpump change on the TSi's doesn't interact with the cambelt.
-
Range Rover Velar D300 V6 to Superb L&K - Guidance, Advice and Opinions
The Mk4 launched with the diesel options and the 1.5TSi. The 2.0TSi 4x4 was a bit of an oddball option as business users avoid it. And the lower powered 2.0TSi FWD has not been available long which was a strange call as it had become the most popular option in the Mk3. So the 2.0TSi's are rare on the dealer forecourts.
-
Water temperature problem
That seals it probably going to be the water pump. Get the cambelt done at the same time.
-
Tow bar problems
So I take it the towbar fitter was unable to code the towbar fully as systems like reverse emergency braking should be disabled when a trailer is connected? As others have suggested ensure the noseweight is correct. I've towed with multiple Superb's and Passat's. There is a large overhang so the trailer does have some leverage on the rear suspension and certainly some still fit assister springs etc. I tend to spec DCC now and tow in individual mode with the Suspension set to sport.
-
Range Rover Velar D300 V6 to Superb L&K - Guidance, Advice and Opinions
Viewing an unprepared base model was probably the wrong thing to do when you are looking at the top spec L&K. That's always been the same, even on the Mk3. It's surprising what a bit of trim, different wheels and tyres and a slightly different stance can do. SE Tech L&K Those into motoring and cars don't usually have an issue with Skoda. They usually laugh at JLR owners. 😄 I've had a few JLR products. My last one was a nightmare, never again.
-
Both rear springs broken
I think L&K with DCC had standard ride height but one step softer on springs than a standard Superb had. That gave it a 10mm lower ride height and the softer ride in Comfort mode.
- Overheating problem Skoda Superb (year 2018)
-
2 ltr TSI 190, any problems
What do you think of it?
- Limp mode - unusual or to be expected? DSG oil too cold?
-
Error: workshop! Only leave in P position. Anyone fixed it themselves?
AKS tuningGenuine VAG DQ200 / DQ250 DSG Parking Brake Fault Fix - 5...Genuine repair kit for fault 'Error Workshop, only leave vehicle in Position P'
-
Error: workshop! Only leave in P position. Anyone fixed it themselves?
Did they ever get back to you. As far as I was aware the kit fitted, they didn't mention having to shave the original casing. The place selling kits earlier in the thread now offer four varients.
- Wireless Android Auto
-
Overheating problem Skoda Superb (year 2018)
I doubt the haldex would be engaged at that speed and the weight of the 4x4 system is only similar to an extra passenger so that's not an issue. At speed drag causes the most load. Working an engine hard uses fuel. Towing a caravan at 60mph and doing less than 30mpg on the TDi 150 is doing far more work than you are doing and I never had an issue with overheating on any of mine.
-
Are Octavia identical as A4 and Passat?
Also B8 Passat was first MQB around 2015/16. B6 & B7 Passat are PQ46 A4 has always been longitudinal layout so completely different platform to Octavia.
-
PCP settlement figure seems unfair and possibly illegal?
It's terminology that gets many confused. You got a settlement figure and settled the agreement early after the 14 day cooling off period.
-
PCP settlement figure seems unfair and possibly illegal?
It's changed. The way commission to dealers is charged and the minimum settlement fee's are different. But if you are paying the finance company in the first month you are settling. Cancelling only happens in the first 14 days and the agreement with VW finance is null and void. This is not what you did.
-
Do I need beam converters on my headlights
LED relfector headlights don't have that. The beam pattern is fixed so a beam deflector is needed to mask the beam kick.
-
Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
I was in the same position. I took three different Mk4's out on test drives. I've bought 17 Skoda's from the same dealer so at this stage they chuck me the keys and tell me to bring it back when I'm ready. Two suffered from collison warnings and braking on the test drive. The third the infotainment froze and I had to turn off, get out and lock the car before it would reset. I purchased one of the very latest Mk3's I could find. A 2024 registered L&K.
-
Do I need beam converters on my headlights
Those are reflector headlights for the FL base models so yes you do. For the Matrix LED's on the FL SEL and above you don't.
-
PCP settlement figure seems unfair and possibly illegal?
Yep. I've done this 5 times now. First 3 I was only charged a months interest. The last 2 I've paid a few hundred extra but stil well worth it. Especially if there is a decent deposit contribution.
-
PCP settlement figure seems unfair and possibly illegal?
There didn't used to be any charges, just one months interest. There are now costs in the settlement figure but it still can be beneficial. My charges were just over £300 but PCP offer at the time was for £1500 deposit contribution, 2 years warranty, 2 services and 2 year breakdown cover.
-
PCP settlement figure seems unfair and possibly illegal?
Again not the case with VW finance. The dealer commision is clearly identified in the agreement.