New vRS, What would we like to see?

4WD, 180 bhp CRDI, switchable WIS (meth option), 7sp DSG, 3-door, carbon / aluminium body panels (doors & bonnet), leather Recaros, Xenons, privacy glass - The all new Fabia vRS 180 CRDI AWD WI-UL (All-wheel Drive Water Injection Ultra Light).

2.0 TDI diesel with between 170 and 220 bhp.

Option of the same 4wd system in the RS4 where more power goes to the back.

Option of a 2.0T petrol for those who won't move to the dark side :D.

Brembo Brakes

Recaro Seats and options for different interiors and leather combos

MORE COLOUR CHOICE!! not just 5! with there being more metallic colours or even pearlescent.

Xenons and standard

Standard car without extras for £12k

2.0 TDI diesel with between 170 and 220 bhp.

Option of the same 4wd system in the RS4 where more power goes to the back.

Option of a 2.0T petrol for those who won't move to the dark side :D.

Brembo Brakes

Recaro Seats and options for different interiors and leather combos

MORE COLOUR CHOICE!! not just 5! with there being more metallic colours or even pearlescent.

Xenons and standard

Standard car without extras for £12k

flying%20pig.jpg

Does more power go to the back on an RS4? New one on me if it does.

I'm not really that fussed if it's not a TDi now. Price of diesel is increasing faster than that of petrol and MPG of some modern petrols seem to be quite decent, so maybe diesel's not the fuel to go for any more?

Petrol vs Diesel Prices

Yes, but for me (who prefers Diesel), they will just loose a sale to a competitor.

I bet the running costs for Derv won't stop people buying them.

What the real reason is I would think is that the powers that be in the VAG group won't let them use the 2.0TDi 170 lump, which lets face it would be the one to go for?

Makes me laugh that derv is so much more expensive than petrol at the moment and pollutes less to but the manufacturers are seeming to move away from it?

Where is the thinking of a new vRS that will get, what 35mpg max if you drive steady with the 170 tsi or say 45 - 50 with the TDi 170?

I read the above article, I see what he is saying, but the reason the derv is more expensive is there is less about, they only get a fraction from a barel compared to petrol.

In the new vRS, I would like to see:

• Exactly the same standard fits as the Fabia 3
  • Exactly the same colour options (why do they limit them on sport versions?)
  • Wheels that are simply styled and easy to clean

In fact, the only change I would like to see from the Fabia 3 is a more powerful engine and slightly dropped and stiffer suspension to stop the lurching round corners. No flashy bits - spoilers, bumpers, labels etc.

18 inch wheels would be nice that have a quality paint finish (mine all peeled and were replaced) and easy to clean, the wheels are a pain in the a*se in the winter...:mad:

Standard cruise and xenons, the black headlining of the MK1 as well, I'am not bothered about other colours as long as Corrida red's available.

If they fit the new 1.6 135hp common rail diesel its not going to be quick enough, I’ve a nagging feeling they're going to balls the new VRS up...:thumbdwn:

2010's too long to wait I'am hanging on to see if Honda fit the new 150hp engine in the Civic I'd chop the VRS in for one of them, its really good to drive...:)

The fabia vRS is never going to have cutting edge weight saving technology as it's just too expensive to develop, some good existing tech would be:

1.4TSi with twin turbos (which is the odds on favourite chioce)

start stop technology

DSG

Run flats

I'd settle for one just to show up :)

I reckon it'd have about 150 BHP at the most... the Octy's 170 afterall ;)

I cant see them going to 170 although it really would put the fabia up a class in terms of the cars its up against.

Are skoda ready to fight with the big boys in the hot hatch stakes?

Leave that up to them to answer in a year or so.

Id like a 1.4tsi that'll do 0-60 in 7 seconds and 42mpg.

Ideally:

Engine would have to be the new common rail 2.0tdi pumping out within the region of 165 - 190 bhp! with about 280Ibs/ft torque.

Excellent driving dynamics obtained by improved suspension, tyres and anti roll bars.

Economy wise it should be reasonable to expect 52mpg on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions of 135-145g/km. This is possible if one looks at the new audi tt tdi application. Performance wise one could expect 0-60 within the 7.0 - 7.5s region and a top speed of about 140mph or there abouts!

All for about 14.5k!:D

Ideally:

Engine would have to be the new common rail 2.0tdi pumping out within the region of 165 - 190 bhp! with about 280Ibs/ft torque.

Excellent driving dynamics obtained by improved suspension, tyres and anti roll bars.

Economy wise it should be reasonable to expect 52mpg on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions of 135-145g/km. This is possible if one looks at the new audi tt tdi application. Performance wise one could expect 0-60 within the 7.0 - 7.5s region and a top speed of about 140mph or there abouts!

All for about 14.5k!:D

That's what half of us would like to see, so there is no way they are going to be allowed to do that by the powers that be :mad:

I would just like to see a fairly high power Derv engine.....that's all.....I don't want for much, just this.

I would like to see - A pre release face lift of mk2 (as per latest rumours)

so as not to look like a 'Noddy car'. And yes, like the new scirroco (apparently)

an option for the 2.0 litre 170bhp diesel.:)