Your best ever shots... to date

Johnwg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea for a thread this! :thumbup:

In no particular order:

1. Sunset over Loch Awe, Western Scotland. During a driving holiday, March 2004. One of my all-time favourites as it was completely unplanned. Spotted a highland 'coo', so stopped and the rest fell into place :)

1.jpg

2. The Louvre, Paris. City break, January 2006. The lighting pleased me most here:

2.jpg

3. Trafalgar Square, London. During one of many visits, May 2006. Thought it was quite an unusual angle to take from. Also the fact that the bloody big column isn't the main focus of the shot, St Martin's-in-the-Field church spire is!

3.jpg

Illustrates the difference between compact and SLR too I think. The first one could probably do with some post-processing tweaks now, but remember it looking fine in 2004! Taken with a 3MP Nikon Coolpix 885. The other two with a EOS350D D-SLR.

Awesome pics!

Here are my favourites:

The first two were taken in South Africa with my Canon PowerShot A95 compact back in 2005. The third is obviously London, taken with my other half's Nikon E3200 compact. :)

1. Amanzimtoti - You can see the glow from the city lights (Durban I think) on the right side of the horizon too which I really liked.

IMG_0606%20(Resized).jpg

2. Durban - Action shot!

IMG_0438%20(Large).jpg

3. London - Loved the red sky and the silhouette of the buildings.

London%2022.12.07%20093.jpg

Hoping to get my hands on D-SLR soon. :D

Love that first shot particularly Ant - the contrast of the bright lights in the foreground, against the blackness elsewhere in the shot :thumbup:

Get yourself a D-SLR - they've never been cheaper and you won't regret it :cool:

Steve

Windmills in Mykonos town. I like the 'perspective look' as they line up

P1010178.jpg

Sunset on Mykonos - using senset camera mode - sunsets there are impressive but they're quite not like that

P1010278.jpg

Taken at Bassenthwaite Lake in the Lakes - just used 'Sepia' on the camera.

P1010925.jpg

Love that first shot particularly Ant - the contrast of the bright lights in the foreground, against the blackness elsewhere in the shot :thumbup:

Get yourself a D-SLR - they've never been cheaper and you won't regret it :cool:

Steve

Thanks Steve, I was quite chuffed with the way that came out, especially considering I didn't really know what I was doing at the time. Really like the photo you took in Paris too.

D-SLR is definitely on the cards. :thumbup:

Daiking, love your second photo!

A poor wee Salmon trying its **** off In the falls of Shin

100_0071.jpg

The Edinburgh skyline towering over Murrayfield during a calcutta cup match.

100_0142.jpg

The falls at Killin on a snowy day.

DSCF0021.jpg

Daiking, love your second photo!

Its from the Greek island of Mykonos (the windmills are from there too). They get fantastic sunsets everyday but that photo is cheating, its done using the "sunset" mode on my Panny TZ3.