Felicia 2.0 engine transplant thread

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHC valve spring compessor in action

100_0314.jpg

100_0315.jpg

the idea is to push down the valve spring far enough to install/remove the split collets (cotters).

note: i use vasaline to 'glue' the collets in place whilst releasing the tension from the compressor

Looking spangly.

Damn fine cleaning tank you have.

used shaft mounted wire wheel to take the worst off, then took it to a place i used to work and put it in a special machine which is basically like an industrial dish washer, it sprays boiling hot solvent all over

I'll have a think but are you going to use a Tmap sensor/throttle position switch or a maf sensor, not sure what system your using, I know some of the earlier golf/vw engines had a 2 stage opening T.B. or do you want to use a single throttle flap:)

i'm not really bothered which type of throttle body it is, but the single flap ones are more compact, i'm using an alpha-n type system which doesn't have a MAP or MAF sensor, it gets it's load signal solely from the TPS, there are details of this earlier on in this thread

i'm not really bothered which type of throttle body it is, but the single flap ones are more compact, i'm using an alpha-n type system which doesn't have a MAP or MAF sensor, it gets it's load signal solely from the TPS, there are details of this earlier on in this thread

Okay point taken:O What bore on the t.body adaptor plate are you going to use, by the way cool drawings for a plenum, ally or plastic:)

I'm looking at that and wondering if the wedge shape will give you issues with differential levels of cylinder filling end to end (and possibly mixture if you're using throttle body injection).

that is the whole point, the tapered chamber helps to equalize flow into each cylinder.. the only reason most manifold aren't made like that is because it's too difficult and expensive to make a casting that shape

the pieces that make up the plenum cut from 5mm aluminium plate

100_0328.jpg

bottom left; has 12mm hole to take a pipe for the brake servo vacuum hose

bottom right; has 6.5mm hole (tapping size for M8) for accelerator cable bracket

middle left; bottom of plenum 10mm hole to take a pipe/union for fuel pressure regulator reference

middle right; throttle body plate, 60mm bore, 5mm mounting holes (tapping size for M6)...

other piece which goes on the cut down manifold is away being welded onto the manifold as my welding machine is not powerful enough to get decent penetration