Nurburgring shots

that looks really nice. im going to the ring at the end of september. been playing forza alot trying to learn the order of the corners. lol. never been on a trck before tho so a bit nervous.

I'd recommend getting track insurance. I managed to get 2 days cover for £120 which seems like a lot but to me its better than going out there and totalling the car and then finding your insurance company won't pay up :thumbup:

• Administrators

Very nice, ask TaviaRS about the two wheels and a bit corner, I'm certian he'd be able to work it out.

I've not gone for coilovers on my current octy but have braced and arb'd the front, with the read adjustable as yours I find it's closer to oversteer / neutral now and hardly ever notice understeer. That said I'm on stock springs and fsd's, the lowering effect might contribute to bringing that understeer back in as the angles change.

TaviaRS also has some great setup sheets, for the last octy I had on the v2 coilovers they were great as you could really play with it's setup from simple questions.

That said the old octy and current octy are miles apart and current one would leave my old 4x4 for dead ;)

As to tyres, I've not tried the goodyear ones, but have used toyo's as failsafe winter tyres. So given that the summer tyres of choice are michilen pilot sport, nero's, assemtrico's in that order. Or if your confident of only light showers and no standing water then I would without a moments doubt put corsa or dunlop P9000 pro race, note the race tag, fantastic dry grip still legal and more durable than the R888's. Popular with jap rwd for ring trips as durable enough to drive down and back for a weekend and not be totally lethal in the wet.

All of those are noticably better than the toyo's, on my second set of pilot sports, I like them alot, with neros on the rear it tips to oversteer ;)

I'm not a fan of the Toyo's. I found them fantastic with only a could of hundred miles on them but their lethal in the wet when the thread wear down (still a few mm above min)

Might try some Nero's or tempted by the michilen Exalto's we currently have fitted to the clio next.

I'm not a fan of the Toyo's. I found them fantastic with only a could of hundred miles on them but their lethal in the wet when the thread wear down (still a few mm above min)

Might try some Nero's or tempted by the michilen Exalto's we currently have fitted to the clio next.

Yes mate michilen exalto's PE2 great tyre, im getting these next not cheap but worth it!

The second shot looks like it was taken on the entry to Adenauer Forst but with an absolute killer lense.

Nice shots though and below 9 mins per lap during a TF session is highly respectable.

I'd recommend getting track insurance. I managed to get 2 days cover for £120 which seems like a lot but to me its better than going out there and totalling the car and then finding your insurance company won't pay up :thumbup:

that sounds like a good idea. what company did you use for the cover or was it through your own insurance?

Octavia, can I ask? your oz ultra/superleggera's are they 18"x7 or 18"x8? just i am wanting some wheels but the 18x8 rims I have now seem to groovesteer a lot, I am toying with the idea of going back to std just to try and stop it.

Oor preferably get some 18x7 with 215 35 18 tyres on them.

Octavia, can I ask? your oz ultra/superleggera's are they 18"x7 or 18"x8? just i am wanting some wheels but the 18x8 rims I have now seem to groovesteer a lot, I am toying with the idea of going back to std just to try and stop it.

Oor preferably get some 18x7 with 215 35 18 tyres on them.

They're 18x8 and I don't get any noticable groovesteer. Wheather or not the poly bushes reduce this effect i'm not sure. With 215 35 18 your speedo will over read a bit and 35's my be rather uncomfortable :rolleyes:

cheers mate, what about traveling at speed? does the car feel light or still planted with them on? is your top speed reduced?

My prob could be that fact I got replicas on amd the weight of them is making it like that?

I am also thinkin of gettin the team Dynamic pro race 1.2 in silver 7.5x18 coz they are quite a bit cheaper.

I've never done a top speed run but wheather using the standard 17's or 18's 140 MPH is acheiveable in 2 places at the Nurburgring. The car does feel very planted and safe at these speeds too. You'd need a lot of distance to go faster than this!

I know heavy rims badly effect handling and can ruin your dampers but they shouldn't cause groovesteer. 18x7.5 sound good tho - good compromise and you can fit 225's on no probs if you wanted.

cheers mate, what about traveling at speed? does the car feel light or still planted with them on? is your top speed reduced?

My prob could be that fact I got replicas on amd the weight of them is making it like that?

I am also thinkin of gettin the team Dynamic pro race 1.2 in silver 7.5x18 coz they are quite a bit cheaper.

cheers for that mate, Ive done a few runs on the airfield were I work and with the std 17s I got 145 on the clock and it felt so planted, but with the 18s the car got light over 95 and I only got to 130 max and I felt not so safe so gave up.

Ive been lookin around too to see what the diff in weight is between the OZ and the team Dynamic rims? do you know?

cheers

billy

I don't know - sorry. when they were delivered I thought the guy was having me on. I said "are they in these boxes mate?!"

The following link does a great job of explaining the benefits of a light weight rim.

Superleggera Race Silver - OZ RACING.co.uk - Superleggera Race Silver - oz wheels, oz Superleggera, oz racing wheels, oz racing alloys, oz wheels, oz alloys