Boot style, your opinions wanted.

Sorry but get rid of all them badges as they are cheap, naff and chav looking.:rofl:

Also them Lexus lights look bloody awful!:mad:

Put original rear lights back on and maybe a new style octavia mk2 vRS badge will look good where fabia badge was originally.:thumbup:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his car and he can do what he wants tbh.

But he wanted opinions

I too go with the smooth look (I prob wouldn't have removed the badges in the first place) But I'm liking having the Skoda badge painted on again if he wants to keep it smooth.

Those Turbo and other badges just seem really out of place.

Not really a big fan pf Lex-**** lights either.

Hello,

I myself like the work you have done to your car. I'm not a fan with the lights either however to remain on-topic man...

I would suggest a nice badge like this for your car:

Awesome > T4 TDI Rear Badge With Blue I

I'm not a big fan with the red badge - seen them on ebay before.

I would also suggest you clean your exhaust! :D

The best is no badges- especially as you've had the cost of welding/filling the holes. The other badges you're looking at are awful, sorry. Personally, I don't like the lights, and I'd have left the Skoda badge, but it's your car, not mine, so whatever you like best.

Personally out of your options i'd only go for the badgeless one...... My own suggestion though would be one of the mkII vRS badges from the front of the Octy II on it's own.

Cheers

Dave.

• 5 weeks later...

First pic is the best.

Smooth, no badges.

Not that I don't like badges, mind.

However, I seem to be the only person who likes to wear his Skoda badge with pride.

When I waft past another car that has been 'going for it', what sweeter humiliation for that crestfallen driver can there be than for the word Skoda to sear his retinas and boggle his brain?

Other badges I'd consider are 55mpg, Group 9 and It's A Diesel.

The badge I'd like most of all, though, would change Fabia vRS to Rabid vRS (were I able to fashion an 'R' and a 'D'.

Would suit The Mongrel down to a T.

First pic is the best.

Smooth, no badges.

However, I seem to be the only person who likes to wear his Skoda badge with pride.

When I waft past another car that has been 'going for it', what sweeter humiliation for that crestfallen driver can there be than for the word Skoda to sear his retinas and boggle his brain?

The badge I'd like most of all, though, would change Fabia vRS to Rabid vRS (were I able to fashion an 'R' and a 'D'.

You aren't alone

Check mine

:D

aug002.jpg

First pic is the best.

Smooth, no badges.

Agreed which is why my rear number plate has the quote..... "It's a Skoda, a diesel..... And in front of you" under the reg. :D

You could get the D & R for the RABID badge easy enough...... You would need to convert to the new style font though and make it up from three seperate badges.... Just buy one of each of FABIA, ROOMSTER & SUPERB.... Total cost around £25-ish. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers to all of your for your comments.

I do understand the dislike for the likes and I am not a pig headed twit that does not listern. Lights where changed the other week and Lexus style will be sold off. there is always someone out there that doesn't like the standard ones...

The boot has stayed smooth as anything, makes cleaning a whole load easier and with the amount of soot i am getting out the exhaust these days it has to be done quite regularly... thats the problem with plodding up the M25 every day at 50-60. But it aids in my enjoyment of dumping clouds of black soot on any other driver that wants to sit 2" from my bumper... I love that feeling... Oh well back to the thread.

BOOT IS SMOOTH, LIGHTS are STANDARD. ALL SORTED AND WONDERFUL:thumbup:

What I have noticed is the amount of red in teh original lights adds to teh SE red in the callipers which is great. wanted a way to show that feature off better without putting big arrows on saying look at me....

Again, thanks for comments and more advise will be sort soon on various topics.

Agreed which is why my rear number plate has the quote..... "It's a Skoda, a diesel..... And in front of you" under the reg. :D.

I very likey. :thumbup:

You could get the D & R for the RABID badge easy enough...... You would need to convert to the new style font though and make it up from three seperate badges.... Just buy one of each of FABIA, ROOMSTER & SUPERB.... Total cost around £25-ish. :thumbup:.

Genius!

And I might just.

Although, with cars like The Mongrel bending the laws of physics, I'd feel a bit of a fraud.

Still, you never know...

I very likey. :thumbup:

Genius!

And I might just.

Although, with cars like The Mongrel bending the laws of physics, I'd feel a bit of a fraud.

Still, you never know...

I've just realised i've had a dyslexic moment!!!! You still can't get the D from any of those badges. :o

Cheers

Dave.

You could get the D & R for the RABID badge easy enough...... You would need to convert to the new style font though and make it up from three seperate badges.... Just buy one of each of FABIA, ROOMSTER & SUPERB.... Total cost around £25-ish. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

You seem to be missing a 'D' somewhere...? :rofl:

Good.

Keep it smooth, keep the standard lights on, no "lexus" style ones thanks.

Take that rear wiper off.

Im my oppinion no point in going for the smooth look and keeping the wiper.

Agree the Lexus lights look Chavtastic. What an idiotic comment about removing the rear wiper. So to look "cool" one wants to be unsafe and have zero visibility out of the rear window when driving on wet roads. I have added OEM mudguards and treat my windows with RainX and I still rely on frequent use of the rear wiper when driving in the wet.