Seat Exeo

Royston

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Audi will let SEAT "borrow" the Quattro system. AFAIK its an Audi trademarked system.

Think this Exeo will pee a few A4 owners off though!!

Doest the Altrea Freetrak not use the quattro Haldex 4wd arrangement?

Has anyone actually seen a Freetrak in the flesh?

edit

Just bothered to read past sisko's post i see he already stands corrected!!

Twice! Both times at the dealers :D

You would think that SEAT would have looked at Renault and how 'popular' the Scenic RX4 was before launching the Free Track.

SEAT can do great looking cars, the current Leon, previous Leon and the new Ibiza are good looking cars IMO. But then they came up with the Toledo in 2004 which looked like another Renault - (Epic failure) The Vel Satis & Similar to the Avantime.

Ok the new Exeo is a more than obvious Audi A4 with some subtle cosmetic changes, but I think it works. I guess they didnt have much design budget money left after some of their recent ventures....Altea XL, & Free Track.

The Exeo is now on the spanish Seat configurator.

The sport version with a diesel 170CR with no options is 28,500 euros, that works out at just under 27 grand! Obviously it's not going to be a straight conversion once the car is released but you can get a current shape S-Line 170 A4 for around that.

Choices choices for my next new car, Superb, Exeo, Navara (would my cc budget stretch to a diesel TT :) )

How much :eek:

Can't see it selling at that price in the UK. £20K list and yours for £17K maybe.

Torsen is also bought in, it is not Audi technology. quattro as we know it today is not what Audi originally released as quattro back in the day. Ur quattro owners can testify that.

Show me the supplier of the torsen "quattro" ? It is Audi and always has been. Haldex is swedish and can be found in fords and volvos amongst overs.

Show me the supplier of the torsen "quattro" ? It is Audi and always has been. Haldex is swedish and can be found in fords and volvos amongst overs.

First result in Google:

The ONLY Official TORSEN Home Page!

Torsen differentials are used by many many manufacturers, not just Audi.

From the wiki page: Torsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Torsen applications

[edit] Center

[edit] Center and rear

[edit] Front and rear axles

[edit] Front axle only

[edit] Rear axle only

Sorry ;):thumbup:

Could you show me the patent? quattro is a trademark however (as I have quite clearly displayed) Torsen is a bought in unit. If Audi have a european patent for it then it may be because US and European patents are seperate (I don't know anything about patents really) but either way it came from Gleason.

Or are you still disputing that?

Just trying to clarify why Audi say different on their factory tour.....

Pride has nothing to do with it. If my understanding of it is wrong then fair enough I'll stand up and say so. I'm only going by what Audi reps at a factory tour have explained to me.

Oh and the torsen diff is just one componet of Audi's 4wd system known as quattro.

LOL...... just done some digging and Audi have a very large financial stake in Torsen...... very much like Porcshe and VW.

Edited by auroan

The Exeo is now on the spanish Seat configurator.

The sport version with a diesel 170CR with no options is 28,500 euros, that works out at just under 27 grand! Obviously it's not going to be a straight conversion once the car is released but you can get a current shape S-Line 170 A4 for around that.

Choices choices for my next new car, Superb, Exeo, Navara (would my cc budget stretch to a diesel TT :) )

I can get the Exeo Sport TDI 143PS on our car scheme for £120 a month, and the Exeo SE for £118. I'm currently paying £117 for my Octavia VRS TDI 170PS, so by my calculations the Exeo is going to be retailing at about £18,500 - £19,000, for the 2.0 TDI 143.

That is a lot of money in my opinion however Seat are not a sub brand. But I don't know.. the Exeo isn't fooling anyone about it's roots (they've hardly spent a lot of time redesigning it have they?) and with so little spent in development I would have thought they could knock these out a bit cheaper.

That is a lot of money in my opinion however Seat are not a sub brand. But I don't know.. the Exeo isn't fooling anyone about it's roots (they've hardly spent a lot of time redesigning it have they?) and with so little spent in development I would have thought they could knock these out a bit cheaper.

Although Audi had spent the money on the development, the A4 was priced around £4,500 - £5,000 more, than the Exeo is being offered at!

Although Audi had spent the money on the development, the A4 was priced around £4,500 - £5,000 more, than the Exeo is being offered at!

Well it's not possible to see B7 A4 new prices now but if the Exeo 2.0TDi Sport is coming out at £18,500 - 19,000 I'm not sure a B7 2.0TDi S-line was £23,000 especially at end of life?

Well it's not possible to see B7 A4 new prices now but if the Exeo 2.0TDi Sport is coming out at £18,500 - 19,000 I'm not sure a B7 2.0TDi S-line was £23,000 especially at end of life?

My boss has a 2.0 TDi S-Line 140 on a 56 plate and i'm fairly sure his P11D value is around £24,000 it has next to no options either.

I thought Torsen was a type of differential rather than a brand, much like viscous etc.

Yeah, shortened from TORque SENsing. VAG may have an exclusive licence for using the technology in Europe, but I'd doubt that since Ford, Austin-Rover (or whatever) and I think Vauxhall have all used Torsen diffs.

My boss has a 2.0 TDi S-Line 140 on a 56 plate and i'm fairly sure his P11D value is around £24,000 it has next to no options either.

The P11D value on my MG ZS diesel was £17,600 but I don't think for a second that's what the lease company paid for it :thumbup:

I think they were about £22,695 something like that. I had the B7 2.0T FSI S-Line SE on a 57 Plate that was about £25,500.