Got pulled this morning at 5.45am

ForrestGriffin

wow..im never going to speed again...ever:eek:

i reckon when he was driving at 100 he was consentrating more then most people when they are driving at 30 round town..

give the guy a break everyones done a ton+ before..havn't they:rolleyes:

ah, maybe most people have, but there is a time and a place to do it!

Do you really think a dual carrage way, that was shut down to one lane, and down to a 30 limit is the time or place to be doing 106MPH.

We all like a bit of speed every now and again, but that was just stupid. And then to go and brag about it is even more stupid!

Thats my 2 pence worth, I'm going bed!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you really think a dual carrage way, that was shut down to one lane, and down to a 30 limit is the time or place to be doing 106MPH.

We all like a bit of speed every now and again, but that was just stupid. And then to go and brag about it is even more stupid!

point taken :o

Indeed.

Agreed, and me too.

it makes me laugh all you lot taking the moral high ground.. haven't we all exceeded the speed limit at some time?? you're all lying if you say you haven't/don't..

reading through this made me think of that thread where everybody was flaming the op for saying they didn't like modified cars, all the usual suspects chipped in and said all the standard stuff like 'i modded my vrs becasue....' but why do they do it?? to go faster or to sit at 30mph in a 30 zone??

p.s i am also quilty of driving like me **** is on fire on odd occasions :D

what a cockhead, a big dirty fat cockhead, no need for that speed, i hope the copper did fancy you and finds out where you live and bums the living hell out of you!!!!!! :mad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glossing over this thread as it's too heated already without fanning the flames, but this comment just made me burst out laughing.:D

it makes me laugh all you lot taking the moral high ground.. haven't we all exceeded the speed limit at some time?? you're all lying if you say you haven't/don't..

True, but when people do, they dont plaster it all over the net. :rolleyes:

Ref insults, folks the Mods will be in touch with some of you shortly

I occasionally have to visit roadworks at the side of motorways and even when speed is controlled (ie with average speed cameras, which are very much active where I've been working ;)) it can be quite unnerving when you're stood at the side of the cones. And some of the stories I've heard about accidents caused by speeding motorists at roadworks are quite harrowing.

Shouldn't make a difference what time of day it is, works can go on all night on some roads.

:thumbdwn:

Oddly enough I got pulled at around 6.00am this morning, nothing to do with cars though I was still in bed, ahem, cough cough.

thats pretty much how it happens at our place ..... time to get erm "pulled" before the twins come diving through the door. Not much chance of being "pulled" any morning this week though, as I am in Hamburg sharing a house with a welsh bloke called Stephen .......... and he won't play the bitch :D

oh ... yeah ... OP your a lucky bloke, but maybe sticking the speed etc up on a public forum is not the best idea. Imagine the chief constable of whatever force having a glance at this thread and finding out which of his blokes should have yanked your testies off and it coming back to bite you.

got pulled this morning at 5.45am - Google Search

check the bottom of the page (and yes I know that search was a little toooooo specific :))

True, but when people do, they dont plaster it all over the net. :rolleyes:

Ref insults, folks the Mods will be in touch with some of you shortly

Yeah ... and the Rockers will be sorting out you mods.................

I will get me coat :)

106 mph? That all.

I once did 160+ mph through roadworks at 3am, considerably earlier than you, and faster than you, and I had 2 passengers, not one, and it was dark, and there was no plod about. :D

Yeah ... and the Rockers will be sorting out you mods.................

I will get me coat :)

We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods:D:D:D:D

Is that in red .....I ask I'm colour blind and I think it may be green :o:O:O

Jimmyyyy!!!!!

oh ... yeah ... OP your a lucky bloke, but maybe sticking the speed etc up on a public forum is not the best idea. Imagine the chief constable of whatever force having a glance at this thread and finding out which of his blokes should have yanked your testies off and it coming back to bite you.

got pulled this morning at 5.45am - Google Search

check the bottom of the page (and yes I know that search was a little toooooo specific :))

Google Cache, that'll be nice evidence in court. :thumbup:

106 mph? That all.

I once did 160+ mph through roadworks at 3am, considerably earlier than you, and faster than you, and I had 2 passengers, not one, and it was dark, and there was no plod about. :D

:thumbup:Yes I was standing up naked on your roof at the time:D

Maybe i didnt explain very well earlier: 1,the part of the A66 i did all this was 30mph due to road works. 2, the cones for the roadworks were at this time on the grass verge due to not being in use. 3, i had 3 empty lanes to drive down not 1. and 4, as i said earlier there wasnt a car in sight apart from the copper who had just joined the A66.

And as ive said earlier i dont usually drive like that and if there had been other cars or workmen out i wouldnt have.

maybe i didnt explain very well earlier: 1,the part of the a66 i did all this was 30mph due to road works. 2, the cones for the roadworks were at this time on the grass verge due to not being in use. 3, i had 3 empty lanes to drive down not 1. And 4, as i said earlier there wasnt a car in sight apart from the copper who had just joined the a66.

And as ive said earlier i dont usually drive like that and if there had been other cars or workmen out i wouldnt have.

24792.attach

wow..im never going to speed again...ever:eek:

i reckon when he was driving at 100 he was consentrating more then most people when they are driving at 30 round town..

give the guy a break everyones done a ton+ before..havn't they:rolleyes:

i dont think anyone is denying they do or have sped. its the fact that i dont think anyone else on here has really been that stupid to be doing triple the speed limit through an area which has been coned off and could have workmen working. what if he had a blow out at that speed?

well my 2pence worth...

18. jigger 15 up, 16 down thumbsup.gifthumbsdown.gif

Liverpool slang for an alleyway that runs behind a row of terraced houses.

If we cut down the jigger it'll take a minute to get there.

Thanks Bertee. I bet everyone's Googled the word now and found that a jigger can be any number of innocent nouns (as above), as well as a few despicable racist slurs. I'm pretty sure my step-dad wasn't naming me after a racist slur and to be honest, call me naive, I had no idea of it's racist connotations before this thread started. So, just to clarify in light of rebaron's stirring, I AM NOT RACIST AND MY FORUM NAME IS NOT RACIST.

Also to Jigger, if you have not declared all your mods to your insurer (your post does hint that there are some that are still a secret to them) then you are NOT the only loser. The person that you crash into and put in a wheelchair is the real loser, not just because of the incapacity, but because you will be found uninsured and unable to pay the person any compensation. Just as bad really as speeding ultimately.

Thanks for your concern Lady Elanore but I can assure you all my mods ARE declared and as I'm a responsible father to a beautiful baby boy I have no intention of ruining his and his mum's, or indeed anyone else's, life by driving like a blurt while uninsured.

I wasn't hinting at undeclared mods, I was attempting to give context to redbaron's comparison of non-insured mods and driving like a murderer. I take on board your point about insurance not paying out third-party compensation, but I think this has now been covered by other posters and third-party injuries would be compensated by the MiB.

However, this is all irrelevant to my situation. If an accident did happen and someone was seriously injured, I would be utterly devastated and the only crumb of comfort would be the knowledge that it wasn't because I was driving like the OP, because I never do and never would. Accidents might happen, but not because of my reckless, negligent driving.

This topic has got me proper angry. I see some outstanding examples of reckless driving every day and now I'm a dad it makes me spit more than I ever used to. While out driving with Samuel (18 months) in his kiddy seat my blood runs cold when I imagine what could happen because of one idiot's selfish and ignorant behaviour …

I'd string 'em all up by their ballcocks and let them rot …

Phew … I need a ciggie and a cup of tea now.

Edited by Jigger72

We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods:D:D:D:D

Is that in red .....I ask I'm colour blind and I think it may be green :o:O:O

Jimmyyyy!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmy: But I don't wanna be like everybody else! That's why I'm a mod, see?