Briskoda Clubstand @ Castle Combe Spring Action day - 25/04/09

devonutopia

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We enjoyed today a lot-were very lucky with the weather!:)Thanks for Jason for organising!Can`t wait for photoes and Chris`s video to be uploded!:D

Nice to meet you and your other half today.... Enjoyed the day very much, meeting other Briskodians and their cars... Top stuff!!!

It was a good day out, I got sun burn't as well lol.

Thanks Jase :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I did like Lloyds wheels, good to meet a few more faces :D

I shot off a bit quiet as none of you were on the stand when I left, I hope you don't think I was being rude :o

I had the pleasure of being over taken by the two black Evo's support vehicle (Citroen Xsara MPV:O:O) in the lanes heading out of combe. Then on the M4 the said Evo's scared the crap out of me whilst I was minding my own in the middle lane , I was doing 90 ish and they passed me like I wasn't even moving, I didn't even see them coming up on me they were so fast . I reckon at least 150+.:eek::eek::eek: Fair play too them those things were awesome.

Top day out ......See you at the next one:cool:

Guest westallc

very nice cars they are the 3 they had the 2 black and one white where the best cars there imo

the black one that was the loudest was running 700bhp but could only run 1 bar due to the noise lol:rofl: when he went out the second time he turned up the boost and one lap later the stewards pulled him in :rofl: :rofl: :D

fecking loved them cars they are so nice

just to re-itterate what has already been said,a big thanks to Jason for the tyres and my first taste of track action,some more must come at some point in my life now(maybe even a track car!!??)

awesome day ,always love coombe and good to see such a variety of metal etc,loved how my car was on track and glad i uprated the front brakes!!!:D

also cheers to cliff for the lil convoy and also fabby for amusing me on the trip with that awsome lil fab estate,V.cool!!

shame i had to pop off early due to work:mad:,but look forward to a re-visit at Coombe again

cheers guys top day:thumbup::thumbup:

Was spectating at Combe yesterday and managed to shoot some video of the Brisky track session :thumbup:

Make sure you watch in HD so you can see all of the exhaust soot from some of the modded vRS's :eek: :D

Let me know what you think.

Joe

DSC_0207.jpg

Quoted in another thread.

"Nothing wrong with the suspension, perfect negative camber, perfect for track".

I think this was the second off for this car................................LOL

Nice video Joe. Do I only feature twice? ;) If you have any other clips that didn't make it on to that video, any chance of a small video emailing to me of me on track? :thumbup:

Cheers Jason,

I think that might be it, but I'll double check for you now and see what I can do:thumbup:

I had a great time on track yesterday!!! I was in the Silver Hybrid Fabia that started 5 cars behind the Mongrel. I was just keeping you in site Jason but dam yours was quick in a straight line :) I posted a couple of 1 min 29's but my quickest lap was 1 min 28.7 which I was chuffed to bits with.

Have to say though that FSD's & Eibach springs are a wee bit too soft for Castle Combe. But the drive home was nice and smooth :thumbup:

Neil

Had a fantastic day for my first brisk meeting yesterday, good to finally put some faces to the names! :D

Special mention for tigger for the free car wash on the way up! :P

Lucky with the weather even a bit burnt, only regret was that i decided not to track it! :thumbdwn:

Big thanks Jason for organising it and to everyone for the good turn out. :thumbup:

Will post some pics i got when i get home tonight.

I had a great time on track yesterday!!! I was in the Silver Hybrid Fabia that started 5 cars behind the Mongrel. I was just keeping you in site Jason but dam yours was quick in a straight line :) I posted a couple of 1 min 29's but my quickest lap was 1 min 28.7 which I was chuffed to bits with.

Have to say though that FSD's & Eibach springs are a wee bit too soft for Castle Combe. But the drive home was nice and smooth :thumbup:

Neil

cool. I have to admit to never seeing you at all in my mirrors... :o

My KW V1s I fear are approaching the end of their life with me as they do feel quite soft. I'm not sure if perhaps a damper or two is losing fluid. :thumbdwn: However the car felt good in a straight line and was coping with the corners OK even if I was at times rubbing tyre rubber on metal arch (mainly around the 2 chicanes during the "switch" :D)

Like you though, good comfortable drive home. :thumbup:

Wat a brilliant day track action was wicked certainly wooped some but ;)

Thanks jason for orgainising a brill day glad the rain held off well meant some gd track action i will get some pics up but i have 400 pics to sort out :thumbup:

Nice to meet you and your other half today.... Enjoyed the day very much, meeting other Briskodians and their cars... Top stuff!!!

Good to meet you too mate :) Other half.............. nah dnt be silly :thumbdwn:

Was spectating at Combe yesterday and managed to shoot some video of the Brisky track session :thumbup:

Make sure you watch in HD so you can see all of the exhaust soot from some of the modded vRS's :eek: :D

Let me know what you think.

Joe

Good stuff.... lots of lovely soot from the modified oilburners!!

Indicated 120 on approach to quarry, then swiftly jabbing the brakes on and off to get control over that damned rise! :rofl: I tended to take camp around 70mph as I have the greatest of respect for that corner after seeing too many videos of cars crashing there (RS4 springs to mind right now!). Might have been able to do faster but didn't want to risk it. :(