High mileage Fabias

ScoobyChris

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold my 03 plate VRS (even held plenty of value!). It had 90k on the clock and runs easily as sweetly as my newer 04 plate with half the mileage! In fact, the new one has exactly the same knocks and creaks! Had the car for 2 years (bought it on 34K) and outside general maintenance it cost me about

64k in 2 and a half years. Just replaced the front tyres for the 2nd time and still on original pads and disks :D

Seems to like headlight bulbs tho replaced atleast 3 this year :mad:

Should hit the 100k mark in year. Never kept a car this long or with this amount of miles but I cant see myself selling her!

Yep, 61,500 just now, I'm on the original discs amd pads too....may need changing soon though.

My bulbs keep going???? perhaps it's a thing between 60 & 70k?

I'm keeping mine now anyway as I just had the turbo replaced so I want to recoup some money, but it's a fun car and cheap on fuel so no real complaints.

Ben

My car is now at:

64,000 - current dash reading

63,240 - pd100 dash reading when removed

(7,360) mileage on current dash when fitted.

I bet no-one else has to go through those kind of sums to work out their actual car's mileage. :rofl:

I'm at around 135,000 in my 52 reg fab 1.9TDi..

the only real thing which is still fecking me off at the moment are the sticky brake callipers.. thanks a lot to Grey Gables for that one!

and the faulty air-recycle mode with the light which is generally always lit on, and I'm still awaiting for someone on here to help me in another post with regard to that guys!!! :rolleyes:

aside from that, less has gone wrong and needed replacing since taking it away from Grey Gables for servicing.. that's all I'll say on that one..

my last oil and filter + pollen filter change cost me

I'm at about 135k on my 53 plate 1.4TDi had 131k when i got it in January.

The probs i've had since i got it (touch wood) is the broken buzzer thing for the fuel warning light and the leaky doors.

I get about 55mpg despite being driven hard, clutch feels fine but it doesn't like going into 3rd sometimes when it's cold.

My 02 1.9Tdi estate has done 128k since I bought it new. Only major problem has been new clutch at 115k. Otherwise, it has been entirely reliable and it still returns 55+m.p.g. What I want from a car is (in order): long-term reliability, economy, practicality and perfomance; for me, this car ticks all those boxes and continues to be an absolute pleasure to own.

• 4 months later...

Now I've tickled my 1.4 16v W reg up to 108K I wondered if there was anyone else running high petrol miles? I see those lazy diesel engines can keep going forever, so what have you petrol heads got to?

My 2001 Fabia 1.4 16v 101bhp has around 96k miles and is having some ignition problems since last year (some times it just fails getting on and no one knows what it is...). The clutch as been replaced as well some parts of the gearbox. Lots of other small problems during this 7 years of use. A very nice car to drive but with a huge lack of quality.

My 2001 Fabia 1.4 16v 101bhp has around 96k miles and is having some ignition problems since last year (some times it just fails getting on and no one knows what it is...). The clutch as been replaced as well some parts of the gearbox. Lots of other small problems during this 7 years of use. A very nice car to drive but with a huge lack of quality.

I'm NO expert, and I'm thankfully only nursing my fabia with a engine fault on for the last 46K miles, but worked it down to the piston rings cracked and some oil water mixing, but the car just keeps going!!

But for you have you checked ignition coil, HT leads, spark lugs and all the usual electric stuff? I know that my Polo was doing weird stuff with irregular starts and it was the HT leads but then we melted a valve and the car died of power and would splutter along badly - if it had started at all. Went on for 6 months like that until I gave it up for (dare I say it :)) a Picasso as the family wagon. But the Fabia lives on .. Just won't die !