My car has new wheels

Courtesy of deek72 my octy now has some new wheels.

New wheels are 18" RS6 replicas, currently with 235 wide tyres on, but I'll replace these with 225s when these ones wear out. They are 40 profile, so will need to check the speedo accuracy with a satnav at some point as I believe the difference is around 2% in size.

Anyway now for some pics.

Before:

After in next post.

28210.attach

And the after pics.

They are 8x18 ET42, but the fronts seem to stick out a bit more than the previous 16" ones.

They had Audi centre caps, will replace them with either new skoda ones, or just stick some stickers over the audi logo, thats why they are not fitted in these pictures.

28211.attach

28212.attach

28213.attach

28214.attach

And the after pics.

They are 8x18 ET42, but the fronts seem to stick out a bit more than the previous 16" ones.

or consider it the other way around; the rears are inboard. This is to be expected, but is generally not noticed with any of the OE wheels 16", 17" or 18" as the large offset means they sit quite a lot inboard.

They had Audi centre caps, will replace them with either new skoda ones, or just stick some stickers over the audi logo, thats why they are not fitted in these pictures.

From experience Skoda centre caps are a couple of mm smaller than Audi ones; hence you will have to go the 'sticker' route.

Smart wheels by the way. :)

Drove to work on them today, the extra width and bigger wheels do not seem to have affected the handling at all. However, I may need to change one of the tyres as one of my work colleagues has spotted a nick in the sidewall. The damage is on the wheel protection thing, but I'll get it looked at in case the tyre has been weakened by the damage.

Drove to work on them today, the extra width and bigger wheels do not seem to have affected the handling at all. However, I may need to change one of the tyres as one of my work colleagues has spotted a nick in the sidewall. The damage is on the wheel protection thing, but I'll get it looked at in case the tyre has been weakened by the damage.

if its on the wheel protector unless is very deep you should by alright as the sidewall is pretty thick there, as for your handling, if anything id expect it to improve in the corners as there less sidewall to flex :)

You were able to test the 'handling' commuting on a Monday morning? :D:rofl:

I guess you mean the 'ride' was not too harsh; the 'handling' should be more taught - to be tested in full later. ;)

Sidewall nick - as dan_the_v8man says; you could well be OK.

Point to help (as you might not have them) but OE tyre pressures are 2.0bar front and 2.1bar rear for 225/40 18s on a TDI. :thumbup: