Rear washer jet not working

• 4 months later...

They detach themselves with the genuine fluid too!!!

One fiddly washer pipe junction is behind the hard plastic trim on the inside of the hatch door.

Another junction is behind the side carpet on the left wheel arch near the cd changer.

A dab of superglue seems to be the approved dealer fix.

If you're in warranty let the dealer fiddle with it, otherwise it's a 5 minute job*

(* a management 5 minute job, which in real life can take up to .... some swearing)

cheers ... Darren

i used a couple of fuel clips (halfords £1.60) one one the wiper fitting and one on the boot connection  problem solved :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, first post here. Just wanted to say thanks for the helpful advice in this thread.

It took only a minute to pop the cover off the wiper arm, detach the nozzle and confirm that the jets were blocked. A quick clean with a needle and some compressed air and rear washer works perfectly.

Thanks!

If you clean the jets with a needle without removing  them from the base then you just push any dirt into the pipe only to block the jet again. Always take it off clean and rinse. Sounds so simple but better in the long term.

Still reckon the small modelling  drill bit is best, because it actually reams deposits off the sides of the two jet holes instead of just pushing its way through the muck.

After running the bit through a few times (using it in a hand held pin vice), you just give the nozzle moulding a good wash and pop it back into place.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I too am experiencing the same problem. I have replaced the nozzle with a brand new one from Skoda and have checked the joint behind/near the cd changer. Are there any other areas I should check and if so how do i get to them?

The pump is working BTW coz it makes the tell tail noise :)

Cheers

Mike D

Interesting topic!  the rear washer on my 05 Octy Estate has been 'weak' for ages and it seems this was due to the joint by the CD changer popping open, but not completely.  Washer fluid has obviously been squirting around in this area for a while, but (as I now know) there is a drain hole in the floor nearby, so it isn't noticed.  I only discovered all this when fault-finding loss of my luggage compartment lights.  The rather corrosive washer fluid had sprayed onto connecters cunningly situated right next to the washer pipe connector, and rotted through the blue/white earth return for the lights (and well on the way to destroying all the connector contacts).  As the connector was beyond repair I used an alternative to join all four wires passing through.

There's an amazing amount of trim has to be removed to get to this area, so not really wishing to do that again I've wrapped the pipe joint with self-fusing tape, so that if there's another blockage, hopefully the pipe will pop off at the jet (slightly easier to get to).

• 2 months later...

Pull the cover off the base of the wiper arm and pull the washer jet off (its a push fit), now try the washers and see if you get a vertical jet of water, if you do its the washer jet blocked. This has happened to me twice now and probing the jets (there are 2 of them) with a pin didnt clear them. It seems that if the washer is unused for a while the fluid solidifies meaning a good clear out is required. Obviously if you dont get the vertical water jet the pipe has probably become detached.

many thanks for putting this on the forumn just sorted mine out

• 1 year later...

Pull the cover off the base of the wiper arm and pull the washer jet off (its a push fit), now try the washers and see if you get a vertical jet of water, if you do its the washer jet blocked. This has happened to me twice now and probing the jets (there are 2 of them) with a pin didnt clear them. It seems that if the washer is unused for a while the fluid solidifies meaning a good clear out is required. Obviously if you dont get the vertical water jet the pipe has probably become detached.

This basically just saved me getting trim off. Although I could not see any water I was so paranoid that the pipe had come off and would ruin some of the electrics that I was about to start getting bits of trim off then read this and walla. Nice lovely vertical jet of washer fluid and a rusty clogged up jet. It's soaking in water although for the sake of a few pence I may just replace it. This forum is proving a fantastic resource for a newbie to the Octavia MK2. Thanks again! 

Edited by fivedoorsdown

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=28&t=128672&qpid=4728729

I was the same with mine when I bought it in July 2015 the rear washer wouldn't work at all but on reading the comments on here z c on removing the covering cap and nossle I'd a proper fointain ... Ordered a new jet of eBay and it's worked perfectly ever since.

I'm struggling to get the washer back on....any hints and tips? I have the exact same part I took off, brand new replacement but I can't get it back on....it's ever so frustrating!!

On a side note:  Also, I'm looking for this part but in the Anthracite Grey and not black to cover the locking nuts if anyone can help......8D0601173E 9B9 

​Thanks all 

• 1 month later...

Just had the same problem fitting a replacement from the stealers..(£8.50 with discount   :devil: !!) but like you, it wouldn't just push straight on, so I got a 4.5mm drill bit and just opened the bore out a fraction. Fits fine and works fine now :clap:

• 1 year later...

If you have any kind of hardness in your water it will stick in the tightest part of the system (the nozzles). Poke with a pin etc, then descale with something acid. If you don't have anything else, loo cleaner is surprisingly effective - I use it on my shower head etc. Much cheaper than bespoke "descaler". Don't use it on your coffee machine though! :D

• 2 years later...

Perfect, many thanks. Removed plastic cover at base of rear wiper by applying a little pressure to release tabs on the wiper side. Gently levered off jet with some pliers, used a pin to clear and then soaked in some vinegar to remove further debris.

Pipe was blocked so used kids Nurofen syringe to repeatedly provide suction to clear at same time as running pump.

Result: lovely jet of blue liquid!

Very happy!

• 3 months later...
On 12/05/2009 at 21:06, Stubax said:

Cheers for that, spot on, jets needed soaking in caustic soda solution to clear then like! 

20200818_104029.jpg