Strange Activity around the car

Tonight and a few nights ago I have had a suspect car pull up next to mine and take a look inside it. The same car also pulled next to me at some lights and was staring into my car.

Should I call the local police station and report these incidents?

The suspect car was a Fabia VRS exactly the same as mine. I just don't get it, My car is standard so I don't get what it is they are doing. Maybe they were checking the options I had fitted. Thats the only thing I can think of?

However it's causing me to jump to the window evertime someone pulls up and it's not fun cos there are lots of cars pulling up.

It seems odd behaviour.

Any advice appreciated

thanks for the comments, I have reported this to the police who were really good about it, they said if I had reported it earlier they would have sent a car out for a patrol around the area.

I've also made people aware on the street so they will get the full reg if they see it. I have the first bit of the reg so it could helpn if needed.

i had something similar, went out to ask them, they were jus lookin at it to see what it had on it, i gave them a flyer for my local car club and mentioned here too lol. I do the same when i see another vrs and aint in a hurry. However, there are plenty of people as already said who are out to steal, damage, or otherwise cause problems so best to report it.

Matt

report it to the police, get a security light fitted and fit a steering lock. Also look at cctv or even a decent web security cam that will record and/or email pictures when a motion detection area is set up by you goes off.

As another poster has said tell all the neighbours to keep an eye out too and your work collegues in case they try anything at work. You are not paranoid, just alert which most people are not.

Hope nothing happens and they get caught.

I've a killswtich off the fuelpump put into my Hilux.

A friend of mine has a skyline & a twin-cam with no less than two on each !! One off the fuel pump, and from what i can make out, one to kill all power from the battery to certain circuits !! Very handy he was saying as thers no problem from radio codes, traction control (skyline not the cam) , or anything else when he starts them up....

Could be an idea for you.....

Probably won't solve anything if they decide to strip her on you drive way, but at least it'll stop her from being jacked !!

I even debadged my car - apart from the tiny vRS badge on the grille - to reduce the risk of unwanted attention. I also park the car with the nose facing the house on the drive so that to the untrained eye the rear looks like a fairly bland Skoda with a spoiler. Hopefully this minimises people taking an interest. Mind you, if people know what they are after, they'll not be put off by anything - even my poor attempts to be bland and unobtrusive.:o

I have not seen them since the said night, I would like to think that they just wanted to know what I had on it.

I did not have chance to go out and ask them, but to be honest having the choice, I would not have as they were quite un savoury!

Obviously going to keep my eye out for them. I expect a good alarm is fitted by the factory. Who knows if it's top notch or not. I've not tried to break into it yet :) Although I have never heard it go off!!!

Is thier a way you can trigger it manually with the remote?

Edited by chris_newell41

Set the alarm with the window down, wait about 30 seconds 'till it arms, then wave your hands inside the cabin through the open window, should set it off and let you know what it sounds like.