My new FL vRS CR tdi

Disagree. When the distance between the top of the tyre to the top of the wheel arch is less than the distance from the edge of the tyres at halfway point to the arch. Lowered cars just look plain stupid. The circumference of the wheel should fill the wheel arch evenly.

Hmmm so just about every BMW is stupid then. Each to his own. But there's no way that rear tyre is equidistant from the arch all the way round...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the brochure, there is only the option of rain sensor/auto dim mirror and light assistant?? The only car with the rain sensor/auto dim mirror without light assistant option is the SE version (both quoted at £150?) Mine best come with them all as that is what I have ordered!

I have also ordered this option with mine. May make some enquiries tomorrow to check this out :confused:

Very nice looking motor, looks great in White. I hope it looks as good in Silver. :thumbup:

Looks good but I still can't get on with the new vRS badge on the grille.

And I think it would look better with a colour coded grille surround (black or white though?? :rolleyes:) but it's each to their own!

A bit strange to see the options that are on your car but without maxidot though.....

.......anyway, hope you enjoy it!!!!!

According to the brochure, there is only the option of rain sensor/auto dim mirror and light assistant?? The only car with the rain sensor/auto dim mirror without light assistant option is the SE version (both quoted at £150?) Mine best come with them all as that is what I have ordered!!!

Anyway looks very nice, mine will be in blue though, my choice was narrowed down to blue by swmbo and the daughter!

Take a look at this thread from a while back...its fairly long but touches on this issue...http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/light-assist-retrofit/80803/

If you paid for the pack of light assit/rain sensor/auto dimming dont except the car without the tunnel light switch...it can be retrofitted (provided you have the all important light/rain sensor in the windscreen) but u dont need that hassel with a new car!

Nice! It's good to see a picture of the facelift model.

My personal choice was between white and race blue - in the end went for the blue (aided by my wife, but disliked by my daughter!).

Makes me want delivery of mine even more ...:thumbup:

Firstly guys and gals, Thanks for not being too critical of my new lady,

your input has been a great read and has had me thinking alot too.

Has anyone noticed that the new wheels are I think Identical to the wheels which you can get on the VW EOS?

2006-Volkswagen-Eos-S-Sun-1920x1440.jpg

Some feedback on some of your comments here for ya.....

looks great. I'm really warming too the FL. I too have auto mirror and rain but no auto lights. I thoight they came together as standard but would certainly fancy auto lightsif it was a simple job:thumbup:

I am sure they are all supposed to come as one, I am going to look into retrofitting the auto lights, I have seen another thread here about retrofitting http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/light-assist-retrofit/80803/ but I dont know how relevent that will be to the FL car as it has the daytime running lights

That is a nice looking car.

Just a shame its got a wood burning stove under the bonnet :D

Only kidding. I would seriously consider a diesel at the moment if buying a new car. With it being the same cost as petrol its a no brainer at the moment.

Lovely car mate, good spec too (shame about the maxidot)

Enjoy it Looking forward to the detailed version :)

Carl:thumbup:

Thanks Carl,

I did the maths on the petrol Vs diesel and with the mileage we do the diesel came out well on top.

I was seriously gutted about the maxidot as I have seen the powers of its capabilities but maybe in a few months when the FL has been around a bit an opportunity may come my way to get the maxidot, Must say the display in ours is the full size of maxidot.

That's very nice. Wonder what they look like in yellow...

I bet they look lovely in yellow, I have seen the press pictures in yellow and it does look good.

Looks great:thumbup:.

We're waiting for our facelift 1.8TSi estate in anthracite, 1st sept, and i'm getting exciting already. Was tempted with the white, but not sure it looks good on an estate

I saw a FL estate (non vrs) in white the other day and I thought it looked lovely

According to the brochure, there is only the option of rain sensor/auto dim mirror and light assistant?? The only car with the rain sensor/auto dim mirror without light assistant option is the SE version (both quoted at £150?) Mine best come with them all as that is what I have ordered!!!

Anyway looks very nice, mine will be in blue though, my choice was narrowed down to blue by swmbo and the daughter!

Yeah we were stuck between white and blue but in the end we said white because you see loads of blue ones about, but I am sure yours will be great :thumbup:

Nice! But needs lowering...
WHY?

Not for the roads in Yorkshire, or anywhere else in UK for that matter IMHO.

I kind of agree with both of you here, I think it does need lowering a bit but like bahnstormer said not for the roads in yorkshire and tbh the ride in the octavia is lovely and smooth compared with the Fabia its replaced, and seeing as we have a 6 week old baby in the family now smooth is a good plus point

That looks very nice indeed. I look forward to seeing the detailing shots as well.

I like the LEDs on the front too.

The LED's look great, day or night... And I am sure they help attract loads of attention from people as you drive passed.

I like it! :D

Very niice..

xxx

Thankyou and good to know that the car goes down well with the ladies too.... :D

Super looking car, white is def the colour to have....curious about the lack of auto lights, I have seen a few of the FL cars (non RS) which have rain sensor/auto dim mirror but dont have the 'tunnel' setting on the light switch....weird...as the sensor is in place im sure a replacement light switch and some code work would enable the auto light function....

Yeah the sensor is there so I was thinking the same thing as you a switch replacement, possible wire addition and a re-code and she will then have a little extra.

Looks good but I still can't get on with the new vRS badge on the grille.

And I think it would look better with a colour coded grille surround (black or white though?? :rolleyes:) but it's each to their own!

A bit strange to see the options that are on your car but without maxidot though.....

.......anyway, hope you enjoy it!!!!!

Have to disagree here, the new badge looks great IMO, I was wondering about colour coding the grille, and I aint sure on Black or White either...... Hmmmm

Take a look at this thread from a while back...its fairly long but touches on this issue...http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/light-assist-retrofit/80803/

If you paid for the pack of light assit/rain sensor/auto dimming dont except the car without the tunnel light switch...it can be retrofitted (provided you have the all important light/rain sensor in the windscreen) but u dont need that hassel with a new car!

Thats the thread I have linked to aswell, the dealer said that light assist was not on the spec sheet (bear in mind I did not spec this car, it was built and at another dealer in the country) so the price of the car was adjusted accordingly, so I havent really got a case with getting it fitted by the dealer, the car has the sensors in the screen so I'll go the retro fit route

Nice! It's good to see a picture of the facelift model.

My personal choice was between white and race blue - in the end went for the blue (aided by my wife, but disliked by my daughter!).

Makes me want delivery of mine even more ...:thumbup:

You will love your new motor I'm sure:thumbup:

a little lower, anthracite wheels - its a look i'd like for mine.. but as an estate rather than hatch.

I like it but if anything I'd go the gloss black wheel route.

Can you do that with a white grill and gloss black mirrors please?

Steve

+1 for that please, I like the Idea of Black mirrors but think I'll leave the wheels alone for now.

Not wanting to upset the applecart too much, but, and please apologise to your new addition :

I prefer the bonnet grille and headlights of the pre-facelift (though I do like the lower grille and bumper of the facelift)

I'm not struck on white cars - that's purely my own personal preference

What's important though is that you like it - you wouldn't have bought otherwise :thumbup:

Why? 'Cos I don't think a car with sporting pretentions should look like a 4 x 4 in the wheelarch department. Look at the clearance between tyre and arch at the rear...

Other car makers can get it right and still have plenty of wheel travel (VW, BMW and many Vauxhalls) so why can't Skoda?

Ah ha! Well we can cure that with 40kg of ballast of a well filled tool box and a couple of bottles of premix screen wash etc. :rolleyes:

Edited by bahnstormer vrs

a little lower, anthracite wheels - its a look i'd like for mine.. but as an estate rather than hatch.

Has this one got any wheels on ? Can't seem to see them.....has somebody nicked them ?

It's probably why I don't like anthracite or black wheels.

I really like the new front end on the FL, very menacing.

It does look a little high at the back, mine's a little bit lower.

Maybe I shall have to find out the cost for me to change after all :rofl:

VERY VERY NICE :thumbup:

I'd like to see some close pics of LEDs ;) Do you use LEDs only as daylight, or also dimmed as position light? Or do you use 5w filament bulbs in headlights for position lights? I have seen both types of position lights on FL vRS...

Edited by cjoctavian

I believe the wheels on the Eos are 18" Chicago's. They are a VERY expensive option from VW dealers (nearly £1700 incl. tyres).

Have a query regarding your LED DRLs - can you turn them off/on via your Maxidot or indicator stalk? My TSi Elegance has the DRL integrated in the foglamps but there is no facility within the Maxidot menus to control them - nor does the owner manual's prescribed instructions via the indicator stalk work either. It appears that the only potential way to turn them on is possibly via VAGcom - which of course would also apply to turning them back off again.

you need to activate it via VAG in Skoda service. Than you can turn it on/off via Maxidot. (I had to do it this way)

I take it that once activated by VAGcom they then appear in the Maxidot's menu? Strange how this is not set up in the first instance although DRLs are not legislation as yet in the UK. Are you also able to set them off/on via your indicator stalk as per the owners manual instructions?