RNS510 radio trim pictures.

Just thought I'd post this for anybody who is debating which trim to put on their Octy II.

I thought the black trim would look less in-your-face than the aluminium look trim so I got both and tried them!!

I prefer the silver afterall as it looks less bland than the black :thumbup:

Hope this helps some of you decide....

**Also note the ON/OFF button on my climate control (permanently borrowed from an 09 Passat :D) after I did the little trick to enable the button!!

04082009268.jpg

04082009269.jpg

Edited by mark_eire

vRS comes standard with silver trim but it has a different shape slot for the radio as the skoda stream radio is bigger than the rns510/mfd2 etc as to the reason why a new fascia is required!!

The lady's voice for the sat nav is very clear but a little stern. It does sound funny when she says "watford" or "Dartford", not to mention when she says "Drive on this road for a long time". I'll try and grab a sample at some point.

• 2 months later...
Just thought I'd post this for anybody who is debating which trim to put on their Octy II.

I thought the black trim would look less in-your-face than the aluminium look trim so I got both and tried them!!

**Also note the ON/OFF button on my climate control (permanently borrowed from an 09 Passat :D) after I did the little trick to enable the button!!

04082009268.jpg

04082009269.jpg

hi nice pics can u tell me which part no u have installed 1Z0 or 3T0 and the firmware and hardware.And also the person u got the player from thanks a lot

Hi Mark, would it be possible to get a demo of your Columbus some time, before I decide to take the plundge ??

Yeah no problem, give me a pm later this week and I can show you.

I'm waiting to pick up my Black Magic colour coded trim on Friday.........along with my grill surround!

I've been running a plain black trim simply because the silver was out of stock and it works in a similar way to a black surround on a plasma - it increases the contrast , or seems to!

• 4 years later...

What is the part Number , need the fascia for à octavia mk2 elegance with climatronic ( need the black one )

1Z0858069 is your base part number but there are loads of variants depending on colour and whether preFL or FL and climatronic.

Check out the diagrams on this page: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f149/columbus-trim-surround-part-no-68748.html

Adam

04082009268.jpg

04082009269.jpg

First one I've seen since I bought mine without the word 'Columbus' in the middle at the top. Has this any significance only mine doesn't either!