Octavia Long delivery times

H there I ordered an Octavia vrs five weeks ago and was told it was going to be built on the last week of October. When I phoned last week to see how things were going I was told there was a problem with the radios and the build date has been put back a week. If I cant get a delivery in November I'm going to cancel the order. When I ordered the car the dealer told me I would have the car in Oct or Nov if the car dont show I'll be looking for my deposite back. They shouldnt promise what they cant keep !!!!!

Unless you got it in writing, then you'll loose your deposit if you cancel

Unless you got it in writing, then you'll loose your deposit if you cancel

I think they'd have a job as the contract hasn't been completed. I would guess they could sue for damages if they end up with a car they can't sell, but I think they'd be on dodgy ground if they simply kept the deposit, especially if they managed to find another buyer reasonably quickly. But then, what do I know? I'm not a lawyer.

H there I ordered an Octavia vrs five weeks ago and was told it was going to be built on the last week of October. When I phoned last week to see how things were going I was told there was a problem with the radios and the build date has been put back a week. If I cant get a delivery in November I'm going to cancel the order. When I ordered the car the dealer told me I would have the car in Oct or Nov if the car dont show I'll be looking for my deposite back. They shouldnt promise what they cant keep !!!!!

I ordered mine at the same time (19th Sept), was originally given a build date of Feb 2010 :eek: which was brought forward to first week in Dec. I'm just hoping I might get mine before Xmas but even that is looking dodgy. The dealer put an estimated delivery of 1st Dec on the order form.

You might get lucky and bag a build date in Oct and then get a Nov delivery, but that will be better than most are getting at present.

How are you all getting this info? Is your dealer phoning you every day with updates or is there some online tracking system you can use?

How are you all getting this info? Is your dealer phoning you every day with updates or is there some online tracking system you can use?

I keep on pestering the dealer, otherwise I would I know nothing (he has some sort of spreadsheet that is updated daily). He indicated that he should know when it will be transported today, but still waiting for the call. Will have to ring him again!

Edited by GriffoVRS

As is mine. Hopefully will get it this week :thumbup:

The race is on. My dealer is a drippy waste of space. I have to keep phoning him up to remind him of stuff. I doubt he'll tell me when the car is there. I'll have to call him to go and check. If it wasn't for the generous part-ex deal, I'd have gone elsewhere. But there you go, you can't have everything.

I was told last time I called that it would be next week.

I think they'd have a job as the contract hasn't been completed. I would guess they could sue for damages if they end up with a car they can't sell, but I think they'd be on dodgy ground if they simply kept the deposit, especially if they managed to find another buyer reasonably quickly. But then, what do I know? I'm not a lawyer.

Unless it is made clear that the deposit is not refundable then it is assumed that it will be. I work in commercial law [No this does not make me a lawyer] and its worked every time I have had to get a deposit back, which for the record is twice. :thumbup:

My car is now in Blighty, waiting for a transporter. Good job it's not being put in the post and the journey hasn't invloved France.;)

Mine's still at Emden :(

:rofl:

No. There's someone at the dealership that keeps a track on their system, but it's not something Joe Public can access sadly. I just pester her when I want an update!

She was kind enough to allocate me a Reg No and now knows me by name ;) but last time I phoned she strongly hinted that there's nothing else she can do while it's at the port so it's just a matter of waiting ...

Possibly another three weeks before I can collect from the dealer.

Just spoken to my dealer - my order went in 12th October - today he says end of December delivery :(

Bob.

Ordered mine on the 13th and my estimate is still a vague mid December to mid January. I might start talking on the forum as if i have got one and tell you all how crap it is in a hope that some of you might cancel your orders.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday, 1.4tsi SE ordered 6th October, car being built next week, delivery expected last week November/first week December. Bog standard build no extras so I guess this is does improve the delivery timing.

Concerning the threads regarding cancellation and withdrawal, I believe all new car purchases are initially raised by the completion of a "New/Used Vehicle Order Form" (Form RMI12 The Motor Industry Federation Ltd.). You will have signed this form in the showroom prior to paying your deposit, but I bet you did'nt read it before signing!!. On the reverse of this form are the terms and conditions applicable to the sale. You will also note that usually the delivery and registration details are annotated "TBA". So there you have it, read the form before you sign it. The let out is as stated on the front of the form however " nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce the consumers rights etc etc."

Being an oldish geezer I have learnt by bitter experience that negotiation is far better that litigation.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday, 1.4tsi SE ordered 6th October, car being built next week, delivery expected last week November/first week December. Bog standard build no extras so I guess this is does improve the delivery timing.

Concerning the threads regarding cancellation and withdrawal, I believe all new car purchases are initially raised by the completion of a "New/Used Vehicle Order Form" (Form RMI12 The Motor Industry Federation Ltd.). You will have signed this form in the showroom prior to paying your deposit, but I bet you did'nt read it before signing!!. On the reverse of this form are the terms and conditions applicable to the sale. You will also note that usually the delivery and registration details are annotated "TBA". So there you have it, read the form before you sign it. The let out is as stated on the front of the form however " nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce the consumers rights etc etc."

Being an oldish geezer I have learnt by bitter experience that negotiation is far better that litigation.

So do you think the dealer would have any legal rights over me if I walked away from the deal and wrote off the deposite.

So do you think the dealer would have any legal rights over me if I walked away from the deal and wrote off the deposite.

They will have another buyer ready to snap their arm off, you only have to look at all of us who are gonna end up waiting more than the 12 weeks for delivery let alone the 8 week minimum!!

:rolleyes:Hi I ordered my 1.8 tsi dsg Elegance (with sport suspension & ASR) on 26th Aug and have been told delivery to the dealer on 20th Nov. Mine is a company lease though so I have no direct contact with the dealer and the lease company are not particularly interested now the paperwork is all signed. Will post updates as & when I get them.

Incidentally, I noticed mention of XDS in some post's. Seems to be something you VRS peeps get, can anyone explain what it is? Also HBA which mine will apparently have but no one seems to what it is?

I keep on pestering the dealer, otherwise I would I know nothing (he has some sort of spreadsheet that is updated daily). He indicated that he should know when it will be transported today, but still waiting for the call. Will have to ring him again!

Friday's the day for mine so don't forget to update me with the XDS saga if yours comes first!

Slow hero re your last comment:

I can only reiterate what is stated on the back of the contract which I signed and which I assume you signed, that is if your dealer fails to deliver your car within 28 days of the estimated delivery date the you can give 7 days notice to the dealer to deliver your car. If the dealer fails to deliver your car within 7days, then, the contract is cancelled and your deposit will be refunded.

If you walk away from the deal and forfeit your deposit, the following applies:

If you do not pay for or take delivery of the car within 21 days of the dealer notifying you then the dealer will treat the contract as cancelled.

Your deposit will be refunded however before this is done the dealer is entitled to recover any additional costs they incur in reselling the vehicle plus any reduction in the sale price achieved. If the vehicle is not sold in reasonable time then it will be sold at auction.

Once the vehicle is sold you will be advised of how much loss has been incurred by the dealer, should this fall short of your deposit then the balance will be refunded to you. More importantly if the loss is greater than your deposit then YOU have to pay the difference !!!

As you can see, if you walk away it will almost certainly cost you money.

Finally I would emphasise this is only my interpretation of the terms and conditions applying to the contract I entered into. I would seriously advise you to contact your local trading standards department before making any rash decisions. I have only stated your contractual obligations with the dealer, Your consumers statutory rights are a completely different matter therefore it is really essential for your to contact your local trading standards office.

Sorry to be long winded but this matter could end up costing you a fair amount of money

Driving about in my knackered Mondeo I'm as impatient as the rest of you waiting for delivery, but as my dealer told me today when I placed the order he could only estimate the delivery date and once the order goes to the factory there's not much can be done except sit back and wait...

7 weeks and counting :(

Bob