Octavia Long delivery times

I had a call over a week ago that there was no build date yet..........I was told on Friday that my car which was going to be delivered in mid Feb, was in Grimsby and would be delivered to the dealer in the next couple of days.

The salesman was shocked..We did a deal based in March 1st!!

What the hell is going on???

My car was ordered on Nov 28th!!

I had a call over a week ago that there was no build date yet..........I was told on Friday that my car which was going to be delivered in mid Feb, was in Grimsby and would be delivered to the dealer in the next couple of days.

The salesman was shocked..We did a deal based in March 1st!!

What the hell is going on???

My car was ordered on Nov 28th!!

If you want it for March the 1st just tell them to hang on to it until then. That is what i am doing with my Vrs

If you want it for March the 1st just tell them to hang on to it until then. That is what i am doing with my Vrs

Indeed, but what if they want me to take it now?

Surely it will be worth more with a '10' reg?

What would you do?

I really dont want to fall out with this dealer, they have been top notch in the past.

Is waiting 5/6 weeks really something they will be prepared to accept?

Edited by ChrisRs

Hi Chris,

I'm sure they'll hang on until the 1st...though you may have to pay something more towards the car as an offer of good faith.

I ordered mine mid October with a late Dec. early Jan initial pick up date. When I rang the dealer to find out the build date they said week 1. 2010.

As most people seem to be waiting 4-5 weeks for delivery I guessed I wouldn't see the car before Feb at the earliest. I mentioned to the dealer that I'd rather wait until 1st of March for a '10' plate...they umm'd & arghh'd a little...I offered some more cash...they asked for the balance :no: ...I laughed and said 'no way'...they said 'don't worry, we'll hang on to it until March 1st'.

I still haven't heard anything from them so guess mine isn't even in the country yet...yours has been sorted very quickly!

Good luck

Doug

Well after 3 and a half months (2wks of that at my request) I finally have my vRS estate. Only done 50 careful miles so far, but it seems pretty good, pulls away well from quite low rpm with a gentle prod on the throttle. Ride is firm, but not overly so, CR engine very quiet, but more tyre noise than my last car. Very pleased so far.... :yes:

And I take back my moan about the dealer from a previous post - I thought he had registered the car in 2009 (it was delivered 22nd Dec) as he gave me the reg number straight away, but didn't realise you can allocate a number without actually registering it with the DVLA, so the date on the V5 will be in 2010 :thumbup:

FL vRS TDi estate in black magic with sunset glass, parking sensors, maxidot, MDI and spare wheel

Well after 3 and a half months (2wks of that at my request) I finally have my vRS estate. Only done 50 careful miles so far, but it seems pretty good, pulls away well from quite low rpm with a gentle prod on the throttle. Ride is firm, but not overly so, CR engine very quiet, but more tyre noise than my last car. Very pleased so far.... :yes:

And I take back my moan about the dealer from a previous post - I thought he had registered the car in 2009 (it was delivered 22nd Dec) as he gave me the reg number straight away, but didn't realise you can allocate a number without actually registering it with the DVLA, so the date on the V5 will be in 2010 :thumbup:

FL vRS TDi estate in black magic with sunset glass, parking sensors, maxidot, MDI and spare wheel

Congratulations, you must be pleased with itemoticon-0148-yes.gif

What tyres are on it, Dunlop Maxx Sport or Maxx Sport GT or Conti Sport Contact 2

What tyres are on it, Dunlop Maxx Sport or Maxx Sport GT or Conti Sport Contact 2

Picked up mine (black magic vRS CR Estate DSG) on 22nd December, came with Maxx Sport GTs...

Indeed, but what if they want me to take it now?

Surely it will be worth more with a '10' reg?

What would you do?

I really dont want to fall out with this dealer, they have been top notch in the past.

Is waiting 5/6 weeks really something they will be prepared to accept?

I would speak to your dealer and see what the score is. If you requested a 1st March reg when you ordered it and the dealer agreed this then he should honour that agreement in my view. You are the customer at the end of the day. Just tell them you want it on 1st March as agreed and see what they say.

An 2010 reg should be about an extra 400-500 over a 59 plate when you come to sell etc.

Mike

Edited by mikeoz

Just had a look and it's the Continental Sport Contact 2

I have got to be in with a shout for the longest lead time.

Ordered 5 September, supposed to be built this week, but I understand that the factory is shut for Christmas. At the earliest it looks like a mid Jan delivery.

I make it 17 weeks to 2nd January 2010 and still counting.

It's arrived and I pick it up on Saturday - I make that 20 weeks in total. Contributing factors to the long lead time must be Christmas, a new stock control system was introduced and some snow. Anyway here now.

UPDATE:

Just been into the dealership and they will register the car for 1st March!! :rofl:

I sat in it in the compound too....Its all covered in white plastic and blue polystyrene...I'm like a child waiting for Christmas now!!!

Roll on March!! :rofl:

mattb, on 21 December 2009 - 21:37, said:

Ordered 5 September, supposed to be built this week, but I understand that the factory is shut for Christmas. At the earliest it looks like a mid Jan delivery.

It's arrived and I pick it up on Saturday - I make that 20 weeks in total. Contributing factors to the long lead time must be Christmas, a new stock control system was introduced and some snow. Anyway here now.

Ordered 12 September. Phoning tomorrow again for an update on delivery. Last Friday had an estimated delivery to the dealer of the 1st February. If you are looking at breaking records there can only be minutes between us!

UPDATE:

Just been into the dealership and they will register the car for 1st March!! :rofl:

I sat in it in the compound too....Its all covered in white plastic and blue polystyrene...I'm like a child waiting for Christmas now!!!

Roll on March!! :rofl:

Well done Chris no problems then.

mattb, on 21 December 2009 - 21:37, said:

Ordered 12 September. Phoning tomorrow again for an update on delivery. Last Friday had an estimated delivery to the dealer of the 1st February. If you are looking at breaking records there can only be minutes between us!

It does look as if you will take the title off me.

No chance of a record for me...the dealer rang today...we can have it next Wednesday...and as it's before Feb...we said YES! :)

I've got my fingers crossed it's the spec we ordered...mid Oct, so about 15weeks.

I ordered mine on the 5th of December and have a build date of 2nd week of Jan. Wouldn't mind it slipping a couple of weeks as I'm wanting to register it on 1st of March and would ideally like the time it's sitting at the dealers minimised.

Car turned up yesterday. 6 weeks from order to delivery and that's with Christmas in the middle. I'm amazed as that's a month earlier than we were expecting. Now it's got to sit in their compound for 5 weeks till 01/03.

Edited by wega3k

• 2 months later...

Just off the phone from my dealer in relation to my Octavia Elegance 1.6tdi.

As mentioned in other topics; this in particular; the delay in Bolero radios has lead to an additional 6 week delay on my car.

So, seeing as I ordered on the 22nd of Feb - that's going to be approximately a 12 week wait for my car. At least I got to add the MDI in the meantime for 153 euros. :)

So people be forewarned - you'll be waiting. :(

Just off the phone from my dealer in relation to my Octavia Elegance 1.6tdi.

As mentioned in other topics; this in particular; the delay in Bolero radios has lead to an additional 6 week delay on my car.

So, seeing as I ordered on the 22nd of Feb - that's going to be approximately a 12 week wait for my car. At least I got to add the MDI in the meantime for 153 euros. :)

So people be forewarned - you'll be waiting. :(

Similar story to me, ordered 1.4TSI DSG Elegance Estate on 21st Feb and confirmed with dealer today currently being built w/c 25th April so expected mid May.

Oh well.

I've seen so many stories of people getting their cars a week or two early - so here's hoping we're the same j_hankey! :)

I hope so - I would love to get it before the 3rd of May as I have a holiday planned (400 miles of driving) which I planned to use to shake down the car. Obviously my bookings etc are all made and I cant change then - just means clocking up mileage on my trade in if the new Octy doesnt turn up early :(

• 1 month later...

It isn't getting any better!! I ordered an Octavia 1.6 TDI CR Elegance Estate in bog standard red on 18th April. I was told delivery would be in June because of demand. Just telephoned the dealer for an update and after checking on his computer he says that production is due to start on week 30 (26 July 2010) That's 14 weeks after the order add on another 3/4 weeks and it will be nearly 5 months after ordering before it arrives.