Octavia Long delivery times

The Skoda UK website states that as long as an order is taken before the 31st January 2010 then Skoda will will give you a discount equivalent to the 17.5% Vat rate! It's shown under Octavia offers!

Edited by RedDog

Our new vRS is sitting in Emdem apparently waiting for a boat to Sheerness.

Order placed 19th September.

How do I tell which boat it is on to track it using www.marinetraffic.com Any ideas?

Try the following

City of Sunderland

City of Rome

City of Barcelona

and 2 others I can not remember 'City of------'

All are sister ships with a 800 car capacity

Try the following

City of Sunderland

City of Rome

City of Barcelona

and 2 others I can not remember 'City of------'

All are sister ships with a 800 car capacity

City of Amsterdam

City of Paris

Today's into Newcastle was actually a different line, called Bouzas and could hold over 1200 cars. Dealer reckons mine was on it ;)...also just checked the shipping movements (googled Port of Tyne shipping movements, then used www.shipais.com to track the ships listed as coming into the VAG Distribution Centre docks in Newcastle) and the Bouzas is now heading from Newcastle to Sheerness :) perhaps it's doing a double-stop.

I've been messed around with delivery dates for my L&K as well, last update on monday was they didn't even know if my car had been built. And that it would likely be end of Jan before it arrives. I have had no car for the past 2 weeks and have been surving on borrowing my Grandad's (which I need to give back). Skoda dealer offered to lend me a car, but I had to insure it myself (the cheek).

My dealership have just loaned me a car because the MOT on my scrappage car has just expired and my new car is delayed against the original estimated delivery date. I had to insure it myself, but TBH that cost around the same as an MOT and I doubt mine would have passed. Also, I now have a very nice 07 Fabia Estate 1.4 TDi to knock around in until mine arrives :thumbup:

My dealer also said it's taking them around 1 week to turn cars around at the dealership atm for PDI tests etc, so even if my car makes it to the dealers before Christmas, I doubt I'll get to pick it up until end of Dec/Jan. Still, can't wait!

Mine now at dealers, picking up on Monday, ordered 26th Sept. Candy White Vrs Tdi hatch. Used the free Skoda 7 day insurance scheme so no problem with tax etc. Cannot fault the whole process, excellent dealer communications.......Rainworth Skoda.....roll on Monday !!

Sorry should have said. Build week 45. I speak to the chap I placed the order with. He last told me the tracking system is down and would call me in the week - that was two weeks ago. have left messages on his TAM since but not had a responce yet. Wife has just said call in in the morning and speak to him face to face.

My receipt for the deposit said end of November for delivery.

PS thanks for the quick responce.

This does'nt help, but my Octy was build week 45 I think. I collect it this Thur so you should be expecting it within a week or two, def visit them and ask where it is!

Well I called in to the dealer and I can see why they were reluctant to update me. Expected into the dealers on the 22 January so from what I understand a week after that before I can drive it. I checked my receipt and it was actually signed on the 12 September, so over 4 months. When I queried the build date I was given of week 45 I was told that it had been put back to week 48. I asked why it was taking so long - Apparantly it's an unusual special order - no it's not got diamond studded gold wheels. L&K 1.8 TSI, Bluetooth, Anthracite, Columbus and MDI.

They dealer did show me the order on the system, so I made a mental note of the SUK reference. On their system it did say "Very Urgent" under the delivery section.

When I left I phoned SUK directly to query the delay but the could not help as SUK's system was down. Requested I phone again on Monday.

Edited by tetley

people do get very difference replies from their dealers. Mine said it was being built week ending 30th November. They have confirmed it has been built and is waiting at VW's depot to be shipped over on the boat. And yet the same build time for others and they are not expecting the car until the new year. Its like the lottery!

Well I called in to the dealer and I can see why they were reluctant to update me. Expected into the dealers on the 22 January so from what I understand a week after that before I can drive it. I checked my receipt and it was actually signed on the 12 September, so over 4 months. When I queried the build date I was given of week 45 I was told that it had been put back to week 48. I asked why it was taking so long - Apparantly it's an unusual special order - no it's not got diamond studded gold wheels. L&K 1.8 TSI, Bluetooth, Anthracite, Columbus and MDI.

They dealer did show me the order on the system, so I made a mental note of the SUK reference. On their system it did say "Very Urgent" under the delivery section.

When I left I phoned SUK directly to query the delay but the could not help as SUK's system was down. Requested I phone again on Monday.

I don't see how they could possibly say due at the dealers on the 22 January, as that would mean your build has been delayed again and it's still not yet been built. Not sure it will do any good, but I'd certainly get on the phone to SUK and shout at them - at least you may get a straight answer as to why it's been delayed.

I'm guessing an L&K 1.8 TSI with Columbus is pretty rare in the overall scheme of things.

I don't see how they could possibly say due at the dealers on the 22 January, as that would mean your build has been delayed again and it's still not yet been built. Not sure it will do any good, but I'd certainly get on the phone to SUK and shout at them - at least you may get a straight answer as to why it's been delayed.

I'm guessing an L&K 1.8 TSI with Columbus is pretty rare in the overall scheme of things.

I am going to chase up SUK again. I am also writing to the MD of the dealers. D M Keith advertise as the UK's largest Skoda retailer, so maybe a word in his ear?

I don't see how they could possibly say due at the dealers on the 22 January, as that would mean your build has been delayed again and it's still not yet been built.

The SUK computer tracking system will give a build week and a date that the dealer will get it

So mine is build week 51 (W/C 13th Dec) and to the dealer 31st Dec, thats 3 working weeks.

If 'Tetley' has been quoted 22nd Jan that car will be at dealers it means build week is 1 (W/C 4th Jan)

Although a 1.8 TSi L&K with Columbus is rare it would not prevent it going down the line any slower than any other Octavia. Its more likely that some part is short supply, Columbus, wheels etc

Edited by PowerMalc

I am going to chase up SUK again. I am also writing to the MD of the dealers. D M Keith advertise as the UK's largest Skoda retailer, so maybe a word in his ear?

It's tricky I guess. You could argue it's not the dealers fault an order gets delayed - it's not like they have any control over it. About all we can expect is that are dealers are open and honest about our orders (so they give us realistic expectations based on current experience) and keep us well informed. I suspect this is where we get let down - dealer takes our order/deposit and is then less inclined to lavish attention on us as he already has our money, especially if he's snowed under with dozens of customers all screaming for updates.

Although a 1.8 TSi L&K with Columbus is rare it would not prevent it going down the line any slower than any other Octavia. Its more likely that some part is short supply, Columbus, wheels etc

Wasn't there mention of a shortage of Columbus' a while back?

people do get very difference replies from their dealers. Mine said it was being built week ending 30th November. They have confirmed it has been built and is waiting at VW's depot to be shipped over on the boat. And yet the same build time for others and they are not expecting the car until the new year. Its like the lottery!

Although dealers may indeed give differing stories as to build dates and arrival at dealer there is a mitigating reason for this.

Two cars may be built on the same day and trained upto Emden together but the dealer arrival date is different.

The UK is split into 3 areas as far as which British port serves them, Newcastle, Grimsby or Sheerness. So if your car is ordered through a dealer in, say, Gatwick a ship may be in Emden the day after the car arrives there and away it goes to the UK via Sheerness.

But the customer who has used a Skoda dealer in Darlington will have his car going into Newcastle port. However if a ship went out a day or two before your car arrived at Emden then it would have to wait for the next Newcastle bound ship which might be up to 10 days.

I think the 2 dates on the SUK computer take account of this, build date and dealer arrival date

My dealer, Progress Bedford, has all its cars come through Grimsby.

• Like 1

Thanks for that PowerMalc.

My dealer said the other day they get a fax from Skoda UK a couple days before to notify them when the car will arrive and that is the point at which they contact the customer. They also said it's taking them around 7 days to turn around a car atm, due to high workloads and only having 1 member of staff doing PDIs.

I'm guessing mine will arrive at the dealers sometime in the next two weeks.

Although dealers may indeed give differing stories as to build dates and arrival at dealer there is a mitigating reason for this.

Two cars may be built on the same day and trained upto Emden together but the dealer arrival date is different.

The UK is split into 3 areas as far as which British port serves them, Newcastle, Grimsby or Sheerness. So if your car is ordered through a dealer in, say, Gatwick a ship may be in Emden the day after the car arrives there and away it goes to the UK via Sheerness.

But the customer who has used a Skoda dealer in Darlington will have his car going into Newcastle port. However if a ship went out a day or two before your car arrived at Emden then it would have to wait for the next Newcastle bound ship which might be up to 10 days.

I think the 2 dates on the SUK computer take account of this, build date and dealer arrival date

My dealer, Progress Bedford, has all its cars come through Grimsby.

I did note that on the computer system when with the dealer that the port of delivery Grismby, was already known for my order. I am sure shipping because of tide times etc must be known a long time in advance.

Tetley, thats the story I was getting from my dealer about my L&K 1.8TSI Combi. Late Jan, hence me looking else where. I was supposed to pick up my A4 tonight but the dealership have seriously tried to con me on the finance, so I told them to get the deal right for me to collect on Friday, or I walk back to Skoda (I haven't canceled my order yet until Ii get the A4 keys)

Tetley, thats the story I was getting from my dealer about my L&K 1.8TSI Combi. Late Jan, hence me looking else where. I was supposed to pick up my A4 tonight but the dealership have seriously tried to con me on the finance, so I told them to get the deal right for me to collect on Friday, or I walk back to Skoda (I haven't canceled my order yet until Ii get the A4 keys)

Did you get a reason for the delay? I see you have ordered a L&K as well.

Maybe Skoda have run out of L&K badges.

Did you get a reason for the delay? I see you have ordered a L&K as well.

Maybe Skoda have run out of L&K badges.

They didn't have a scooby. All they could tell me was what the new system was telling them. My L&K order isn't anything special so god knows what the hold up is.

[

Several of you mention contacting SUK direct. Any details on phone numbers, email addresses etc would be appreciated.

(ordered vRS 8 Sept; no dealer updates - no car as yet ) :'(

SUK customer service tel no 0845 7745745

However their new tracking system is not available to them at the moment, sometime next week.

It is working for dealers, ring your dealer and get to them to access the screen. You will have to be persistent.

I am surprised with an order date of 8th Sept your car is not here or at least built

The salesman dealing with my order didn't know how to use the new system - only the dealerships sales manager seemed to be familiar with it and he had to access my details when I asked, so be prepared to be a little patient :)

Finally got the call on Saturday to say my car was at the dealers yay !! but I had no chance of collecting it till end of this week, so from a week 43 order and a projected week 47 build it was not too bad. Dealer was a bit up to his eyes chasing customers up as he says orders are coming through quick and fast now. A nice early Xmas prezzie...cant wait to play !!

Just to update my details.

Ordered 5th September and originally given a build date of wk49 now told wk52, but apparently factory is closed that week for Christmas. I guess it will get here when it gets here!

Not been advised of any deviation from the price / part excahnge value agreed in September yet.