2010 Fabia vRS 178 BHP petrol

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the article, I think they are missing a trick in only having a petrol version. Economical, loads of Torque - almost a wolf in sheeps clothing. Am I right in thinking the Octavia is available in both? So why not this. Mistake. I just hope it looks, and sounds like the Fabia S2000 Rally car.

The Rs will be launched very soon,I've seen what they call a lookbook,it contains the one for the Fabia FL and Roomster FL and the RS hatch and combi,apparently the launch colour will be racing green ( closely resembling the british racing green,be it name and shade ),it looks waful and the estate in Corrida red ...... Unfortunately it's only got colours and all the usual bull stuff but no engine specs or pictures of the final car how it'll look ....

I think residuals on the Fabia vRS are strong, and should remain that way really.

Hope it does turn out to be "more aggressively styled than the original Fabia vRS" too. :)

I think residuals on the Fabia vRS are strong, and should remain that way really.

Hope it does turn out to be "more aggressively styled than the original Fabia vRS" too. :)

Hmm I wouldnt want it to go all Focus RS on the Fabia however, I thought the styling difference between the Fabia and the vRS version in the MK1 was spot on

Don't get the disappointment with the lack of a diesel, this has been on the cards for a while. This petrol version should still do 45mpg and has 50bhp more than the 'F1RS' so it seems like a good trade off to me!

It won't look or sound anything like the S2000 Rally car I think, but Skoda have done a good job with the Octavia2 RS facelift, so hopefully they will on this too.

I'm looking forward to it, I'll be thinking of a new car towards the end of next year probably and it could be a Fabia2 RS, Octavia2 RS, or a Yeti, hmmmm.

The "racing green" should be something like this:

Kopecky14.jpg

Edited by OctaviaT81

Don't get the disappointment with the lack of a diesel, this has been on the cards for a while. This petrol version should still do 45mpg and has 50bhp more than the 'F1RS' so it seems like a good trade off to me!

45 to the gallon? I'll believe that when I see it, on the brim to brim method, over a minimum of three tanks :)

Steve

It won't look or sound anything like the S2000 Rally car I think, but Skoda have done a good job with the Octavia2 RS facelift, so hopefully they will on this too.

I'm looking forward to it, I'll be thinking of a new car towards the end of next year probably and it could be a Fabia2 RS, Octavia2 RS, or a Yeti, hmmmm.

The "racing green" should be something like this:

Kopecky14.jpg

It needs these enormous wheel arch extensions to make the height look in proportion. But, at that width it's as wide as a lorry. Okay for a rally car but a road goer? Don't think so. Anyway, I await with interest the final product.

45 to the gallon? I'll believe that when I see it, on the brim to brim method, over a minimum of three tanks :)

Steve

I am taking out the FR, Cupra and Boc editions on Thursday at Seat Mania. Ive been know to get decent mpg in the past out of cars, obv wont be a tank worth or anything, and trip computer figures, but I will give it ago and see how I get on :)

I dont think it will look anything like the rally car, if it did it would have to have performance to match IMHO.

Its good that they arent giving the skoda the slower 150 unit just to keep you below the Seat, means the Sporty arm of VW Seat is again, not sporty :D

Well, Skoda have lost a potential customer, I was holding out for the next vRS as mine will be ready to chage but no Diesel is a silly option......Skoda sales -1

From what I have read, Skoda ruled this out from the start, which seems a bit blinkerd of them seeing how well the Mk1 sold? Surely they could squash the 2.0l in there?

Although, it may come if they find out they are not selling them and from feedback from the dealers and people contacting Skoda themselves, who knows......

No way 45mpg in the real world...no chance

Hey ho....

There isnt going to be a Cupra MK5 Ibiza with a TDi lump in it either guys, get over it ;)

Sounds like good business sense really... at the moment VAG have no derv motor that would be suitable.... the 2.0cr engine is too big, too heavy and probably too expensive to engineer into a "supermini" class car... and the 1.6tdi (currently) wouldnt give it the output to compete with other cars in the segment.