What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Fitted up my new number plates. What should have been a five minute job ended up taking an afternoon. The old front number plate had been held on with trim tape which covered about 3/4 of the rear of the plate :wonder: It took ages to carefully get the stickyness off the front bumper. Then when I was taking the rear plate off I discovered that the plate had been screwed through a thin metal flat nut on the inside, which dropped into the inner plastic tailgate cover :think: It came off quite easily as it's been off before by the looks of things and not fitted back properly. I had to 'nick' the plastic expanding nut that the tailgate 'pull-down strap' should screw into to put into one of the number plate retainer holes. Anyway, job done and a few more small jobs for another day.

Fitted the jumbobox after modifying it to have a USB socket in place of the aux-in 3.5mm.

Hasn't gone quite to planned though as the 12V socket wiring is different and I now have an airbag warning light :-(

Cleaned my winter tyres after taking them off the car last week, then spent time picking all the stones and gravel that they've been throwing all over the road out of them.

Then washed my car to try and clear as much of the salt and other rubbish its picked up from the roads off it.

Then put some petrol in it.

Replaced the parking ticket holder with a new one( old one had lost it`s spring) and dropped off my fog surrounds to be wrapped black magic to match the b pillars roof and grille. Also having new clear coating on rear arches, ( free of charge as my wrapping firm wants feedback) :)

Just replaced the batteries in my keyfobs as well

Test fitting:

423931_10150700883220901_197096790900_11828866_308554804_n.jpg

Need to chop the exhaust cutout a bit wider. Haven't worked up the courage to do so yet.

Thinking of removing the bling chrome strip as it doesn't fit with my red and black theme.

Also planning to paint the new bit black - it has some small marks in the plastic. Plus presumably the plastic will fade eventually but paint shouldn't.