What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Well after two years ive decided to trade it in after pricing a remap and clutch so sorry to say ill be leaving the skoda family guys :-(. Ill still hang around on here and maybe attend a meet or two for a catch up :-). Have to become a freedom member to sell my spare parts i have lying around. Anyways heres my new whip i pick up friday :-)

Dale I know a picture is meant to be worth a thousand words, but bearing in mind the thread title, the above means nothing, we can only assume you have sold it and bought the Seat?

Fitted ordered sunblinds into SuperB ,hatch (found on eBay). Delivered from UK brand new for price of 53 eur, and locslly at dealer price is 122eur :wacko:

So THANK YOU UK!! :rolleyes:

urugaru9.jpg

ujama5ub.jpg

tamypaba.jpg

9eze9umu.jpg

Were they a used set at that price or a new set?? Do you have a link to the auction or seller?? Cheapest i can find them on ebay is £50-60.

Cheers

Dave.

aahhhh They are the one's i had already found which are £50.... Would have thought they would have been more than 53 euro if they are £50 though....

Any chance you could take some pics from towards the rear of the car so as to see what it looks like with the side blinds in place but without a blind in the back window?

Cheers

Dave.

Maybe I can try but my all windows are tinted also...so double protection (have reason why). Same as on a vRS also.

That price is best I could find, for new part. For a vRS I have paid 130 EUR locally at dealer :wacko: (three years ago)

Looks horrible, doesn't it Ben? You look at that and wonder what the hell you have taken on. But so satisfying when everything back together, more satisfying when you realise there are no new rattles, and so much more satisfying when you find that you've cured that rattle you've been looking at for months!

Nice work.

Mike

Mike, I've done it a few times and also like to post a pic on Facebook as it looks horrific. Do hope I fixed the rattle, was thinking I'd need to try and find the post showing how to get to the can via the scuttle panel. Made sure I purchased some proper fabric tape they use for all the writing, brilliant stuff

Haha. It's worth it if you have the tools. Thankfully my Dad has the bits I don't.

Hope to have the full thing complete next weekend so I can paint it. I'll bore everyone in gen chat when it's done

Made a new thread for the decking here

Edited by zeffania

Gave it a wash!! Took far too long according to SWMBO but I think it looks pretty good :) used most of the things I got in the Autoglym bag that came with the car and few more that I have bought separately!! :p

IMAG0123_zps20be361b.jpg

• Like 4

Painted the calipers (boring) black

Refitted the re-furbed wheels (black chrome) 

Washed it

Then it rained!

You've run out of things to tweak on it already then? :p :p

• Like 1

Took the vRS to Autohaus Dolby to get the seized rear nearside calliper replaced. And updated the maps on the Columbus in the Superb to v11.

26C48DD3-D95A-4077-9EBA-52493E82932C_zps

Cheers

Dave.