What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Very nice, need to sort my steelies out sometime soon as they are starting to look like yours did previously.

Also i like the pinstripes, would definately reccomend paint though if you want to go the extra mile for a permanent fix :)

Thanks. And just to say, it would be better if you have a spare set of wheels to put on your car as it takes a while to do, there was the time taken to brush them down  which wasn't long for me really because I had a mains drill and a drill brush thing to use. Then get rid of all the dust, mask them up, prop them up so you can get to both sides and paint the primer, leave it for a day then paint them black, then the black would need a day to dry properly (going by the can but it is dry to the touch within about 10 minutes really) You could do it with your spare wheel and do them one at a time but it you're doing them on weekends this could potentially take a month to do. I used a can of primer, a can of matt and a can of ruberised to do both wheels. Didn't think I'd have used that much so I'll have to get more for the other 2 or I would have done all 4 at once. It would be bet=st to remove the weights if you're that way inclined because there was quite a large build up of dirt round them that I couldn't get off without being really picky and of course you can't spray behind them so when they get removed for some new tyres there will be a rusty patch but because I'm just storing them and using alloys I'm not bothered.

As for the paint, I was trying to keep the car so that when I sell it it can easily be reverted back to standard (apart from the hole in the bottom of the glove box for the MDI) but if the vinyl keeps pealing then it's getting painted. And nice job you've made of the chrome part too.

• Like 1

The LuxoBarge had her DSG oil & filter change carried out at the dealers with a check for any DSG issues before the warranty runs out in June.

Quite like the bling, any details on where it came from please....

Probably from here? or their ebay store?

http://www.creationsmotorsport.com/products-by-category.php?main=17&catID=165

I toyed with getting one of the non-vRS marked footrests to match my new vRS pedals in the LuxoBarge but decided against it as i have the ivory interior and didn't know whether it would look as good without the black interior.

Took her to Long Marston to Everyman racing, drove a v12 DB9 and a 911 turbo then drove her home and gave her a good clean. I was expecting to feel disappointed on the way back...but I didn't, though skoda's 2L CR diesel couldn't match the sound track of that v12!

Took her to Long Marston to Everyman racing, drove a v12 DB9 and a 911 turbo then drove her home and gave her a good clean. I was expecting to feel disappointed on the way back...but I didn't, though skoda's 2L CR diesel couldn't match the sound track of that v12!

I'm doing a driving experience with Everyman next weekend. Driving an Audi R8 and Nissan GTR

I'm doing a driving experience with Everyman next weekend. Driving an Audi R8 and Nissan GTR

Did an Everyman a looong time ago in Ferraris's - I think it started with Golf GTi's then progressed to a Mondial and then a Testarossa

Cleaned it:

WP_20150424_13_35_52_Pro_zpsaobtx0sr.jpg

Just a quick power wash off then a wash with AG shampoo and a wipe down with Megs QD. It turned out well for a quick wash, and the first one in a month due to new job and days off not lining up with weekends but my dad's out enjoying his new Monte Carlo so I had the drive space.

Did the inside as-well, including boot and spare wheel well. Then after I moved it back to my side of the drive I shoveled the mud from the wheel arches under the hedge. Yeah, you read right. Shoveled.

Then I tried to get that last sticker to stick to the grille properly, it didn't so I took the other end one off to to make it symmetrical. If you can't beat them join them. Filed the screen wash and checked the oil, it's still all there.

I'll be booking it in for a service and also painting the other 2 wheels when I get some money next month.

And I gave the wiper blades a good clean with screen-wash on a MF towel, last chance to start working properly before they get replaced at service (can't believe Skoda actually recommends replacing at 6 months!)

I'd rather live further away tbh but was hard to get SWMBO to move away from mummy and daddy in the first go. Don't think my luck would hold out if I said I wanted to go further still.

Move in 10 mile increments.

She wont notice till its too late ;)

• Like 2

Filled her with an old garden bench (built not flat packed), five black bags full of garden waste, a 6ftx3ft cardboard box the new bench had come in, three other varied cardboard boxes and a set of Fabia vRS car mats and then drove to the local council recycle centre and emptied it all out again......

Who needs a combi when you can have a twindoor. ;)

And I gave the wiper blades a good clean with screen-wash on a MF towel, last chance to start working properly before they get replaced at service (can't believe Skoda actually recommends replacing at 6 months!)

Just buy some Bosch aero wipers from Euro Car Parts a fraction of the price the dealer charges and mine usually last up to a couple of years easily.

Just buy some Bosch aero wipers from Euro Car Parts a fraction of the price the dealer charges and mine usually last up to a couple of years easily.

Trust me, I'm not stepping foot in that dealer again until I want to buy another car.  :no:

Mine still look to have a lot of rubber left on the, it's just the front right one is just smudging at the bottom 6 inch or so and the same is happening at the last inch on the other 3 ends at the front. As for the back one that thinks it's a kangaroo or something.

• Like 1

If it's at Stratford or I guess another old airport they bring everything with them and you basically go up and down a runway with cones mapping out the 'circuit' so you'll need to make sure you have some suitable clothes if the weather looks dodgy as you'll be standing around outside waiting for your go. They had a Maclaren and a 458 there you could upgrade to for an extra £20 or pay for additional goes if you want to.....

Gumboot Rally theme just about complete!!

11187298_10153148962755901_3915846378137

Also I re-wired the earth connections on my DRLs, gauges, phone charger, dashcam and head unit individually to a factory earthing point. They were all going to a little junction box then to a single earth before, not ideal!

• Like 4

Don't, if you're going to move, just move. We did -- 150 miles away -- and still the M-I-L comes to stay for weeks at a time............... :peek:

Mike

That's also the downside. At the moment we can do day visits. Too far away they turn into weekends at a time.