What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

As a follow up to my other post today - my 11yr old, 175k miles, ALH 1.9tdi mk1 octy PASSED its NCT (mot) on first attempt! Good for another 12 months now. Cant believe it if im honest.. digured on at least a visual fail. Only advisory- get a cover for the trailer lights socket on the hitch, dont want it getting wet internally and corroding on you... i havnt even needed the hitch since i bought the car, so i dont even know if the socket works :rofl:

Swore at it, hit it with a hammer then used a hacksaw to finally remove the buggered ball joint. Now I just need to destroy the rest of the droplink and then I can put the suspension back together.

Took it for a service the other day good reputable place :) but i had to go over and check everything they said they replaced just incase ;)

XlPVvZZ.jpg

Excuse to use my new little tool set from Costco only £12 ! :)

rOluqpi.jpg

although they did break the bonnet stay but I'm looking at getting the gas struts anyway :)

HDMONhI.jpg

Not thought of HIDS?

To be fair I don't drive at night that much so it wouldn't be worth the extra money to upgrade. I use country roads so really it's just for when cars come the other way and going through villages.

And also swapped the spare wheel for one of my newly painted ones and put a second one in the boot too, put a few other car bits in there and some cleaning stuff too. Packed the BBQs, cutlery, plates and bricks so all that's left to put in the car now is a stool to sit on, some food to eat and a ticket to get in.

And bought it a tyre tread depth gauge.

Took it to be laughed -- and frowned -- at by the owner of a paint shop; looking for a quote on the new paint scheme I want. (I have a feeling I'll be on quite a lot of overtime for a while. *snicker*)

Wed - put a new washer dryer in it.

thursday - drive it around 280mls looking at projects.

Fri - put old washer dryer in it to return to shop it was bought from having been faulty from day one... ggrrrr.....

Washed it and hoovered it out ready for Sunday then put some stuff in the boot again ready for Sunday. God knows what it'll look like by Sunday morning though seeing as it'll be traveling around 100 miles or so tomorrow in the rain. :(

• Like 1

Washed it and hoovered it out ready for Sunday then put some stuff in the boot again ready for Sunday. Good knows what it'll look like by Sunday morning though seeing as it'll be traveling around 100 miles or so tomorrow in the rain. :(

I'm going down to Kent (303 miles) then back up to Rockingham which is around the halfway point so I'm taking a few wash things with me for tomorrow night.

I'm going down to Kent (303 miles) then back up to Rockingham which is around the halfway point so I'm taking a few wash things with me for tomorrow night.

I'll know who to park next to on Sunday morning then. ;)

• Like 1

I'll know who to park next to on Sunday morning then. ;)

Got a bucket, wash mitt, megs gold, megs ultimate QD, AG tyre dressing, some drying towels and some MF towels. Think I put some bumper and trim gel in there too but can't remember. You can use if you want as long as you don't go daft :)