Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

Nice photos. Is Jerry's fitted with some kind of lower grille cover?

Thank you Graham :devil: , just spotted this!

Yes, it has a lower grille cover with a couple of holes. One is to expose the exterior temperature probe to the airflow, the other is a matching hole.

ps: good job you didn't tell everyone about me getting stuck in the car park when leaving :x

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My swedish 2.0 diesel (140hp) 4x4 mato Brown Love

I have mounted bullbar, aux-lights, Skoda original Roof rack and some octavia RSII rims with 235/55 tyres. I'm waiting for a raising kit to be produced. And this summer we Will travel to the north part of sweden

4e181a1facde072f0839daa58d9e0423.jpg

3b3f0fb6737b097c73bee79f87cdaa62.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 3

My swedish 2.0 diesel (140hp) 4x4 mato Brown Love

I have mounted bullbar, aux-lights, Skoda original Roof rack and some octavia RSII rims with 235/55 tyres. I'm waiting for a raising kit to be produced. And this summer we Will travel to the north part of sweden

4e181a1facde072f0839daa58d9e0423.jpg

3b3f0fb6737b097c73bee79f87cdaa62.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Very nice.

• Like 1

and here's my Swiss 2.0 TDI 140HP 4x4 also in Mato Brown. I love that colour…
Winter tyres are mounted on 16" Forester rims (pictured), summer tyres will be on 16" Helix rims…

post-121641-0-82128000-1428529540_thumb.jpg

post-121641-0-14989600-1428529552_thumb.jpg

post-121641-0-10466800-1428529578_thumb.jpg

Edited by dizurik
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Typical just cleaned pics from me.

So far the only additions I've made have been the front mud flaps and a new rear badge under warranty.

Next payday should bring rear mudflaps and sill protectors :)

front

back

• Like 1

Picked up my Monte Carlo at the weekend. Loving it so far, great mix of space, speed and chuckability.

Not seen any in this colour though, and as you always do when you're waiting for delivery, I have been looking!

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My pot of gold... out exploring the Isle Of Mull on a wildlife photography trip in March last year.

IMG_9154-2j_zpsk272iafr.jpg

There's a challenge....  taken in a passing place on the A849 somewhere overlooking Loch Beg (ie the head of Lock Scridain)  on the way back from Iona/Fionphort/Bunessan by any chance?

Yep, got it in one.

I think the Yeti is almost the perfect car for Mull, as it copes with the bumpy, potholed roads, has great visibility for spotting wildlife, goes a long way between fill-ups and can turn on a six-pence for those unexpected U-turns so often required when following stuff from the car. If only it had an electric motor mode, so I could start it up and roll along without a clattery diesel scaring things off...

• Like 1

Yep, got it in one.

I think the Yeti is almost the perfect car for Mull, as it copes with the bumpy, potholed roads, has great visibility for spotting wildlife, goes a long way between fill-ups and can turn on a six-pence for those unexpected U-turns so often required when following stuff from the car. If only it had an electric motor mode, so I could start it up and roll along without a clattery diesel scaring things off...

Try the 1.2Tsi....whisper quiet :-)

Yep, got it in one.

I can't agree more.... except to say that I think mine is the perfect car for Mull, as my Yeti is petrol so doesn't scare the wldlife!

Next month will be its 11th visit (if my new one doesn't arrive in time), twice a year since new.

The first year (2010) I was amazed to find the car behind me on the ferry was another brand new Yeti, being brought onto the island for the first time by a resident who had picked it up that morning in Glasgow. She was already smitten with it! That whole holiday we only saw two others including the 300+ mile journey to & from holiday.

Far more common now... there were 6 there last October on the car park to sign-on for the Mull Rally, never mind other non-rally visitors.

And you now get sightings like this when the flock together:-

IMAG0089_zps2338c41e.jpg

New one will have a sun roof so we can look upward as well as all around in our mobile hide in locations like this:-

IMG_0499_zpsee102ec9.jpg

And this

IMG_0174.jpg

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 2

There's one in Tobermory that has had a dent on one door everytime I visit... ought to care more for the Monster than that, and there's a retired chap who lives on the shores of Loch Scridain who bought a Yeti after I had a long chat to him about their virtues. They're popular all over Scotland, from what I have seen. As for the ignition issue, I was meaning it'd need to be silent, like an electric car.

Will there be a Mull Rally this year, after the tragedy of the last one?

I'm up there in July, then again in late August. Can't wait!

There's one in Tobermory that has had a dent on one door everytime I visit... ought to care more for the Monster than that, and there's a retired chap who lives on the shores of Loch Scridain who bought a Yeti after I had a long chat to him about their virtues. They're popular all over Scotland, from what I have seen. As for the ignition issue, I was meaning it'd need to be silent, like an electric car.

Will there be a Mull Rally this year, after the tragedy of the last one?

I'm up there in July, then again in late August. Can't wait!

Yes, counting the days 'till I return too. I've come to the conclusion that the Yeti is rather like Mull.... once you've had the experience, you don't want to be parted!

The Mull Rally is definitely on again this year. Last year's very sad incident has been quite correctly treated as an accident and will not affect future events. Even the family of the casualty have said it's important that the rally goes on, if only to mark why they moved to the island in the first place and, more importantly, in memory of the deceased.

The rally is estimated to bring over £3M of extra income to the island right at the end of the holiday season, income that's vital to the local economy. Of course October is a wonderful time on Mull with or without the rally.

July/ August on Mull? Aargh the midges!

Aye, they are a concern for the July trip... Might need one of those chem-suits, with me being a midge-magnet. :doh:  The other is late August, so only small clouds of them around if the wind drops...

• Like 1