Genuine VCDS (AKA Vag Com) Hex + Can USB inter-forum Group Buy 2010.

gadgetman

Guys

I'm sure Simon has already got a lot on his plate to deal with, including a day job etc.. so give him some time and breathing space to get things sorted. Unless one of you may want to PM him and see if he needs a hand ringing round some places to get a good price from other distributors ? Most of us have decided to leave the monies with him for now for this very reason.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry to everyone. If I could cover the shortfall I really would as it's my error. But £3.5k just isnt something I have lying around.

Absolutely not... there is no way you should be a penny out of pocket at the end of this. Everyone who has £200+ to throw away on a diagnostic cable should be able to cover their own expenses without having to take a charity hand out from you!

When you mention carrying on with the GB at the offered price, are you referring to around £235 inc postage from you?

Just wanted to clarify.

The operation sounds horrific... I hope your recovery is speedy

And for that reason, I'm out.

I run my own business and every day we are beaten down on pricing by our customers depending on the volume of work. Therefore I believe that if you have a firm order of 80+ cables you should be able to get a substantial discount on the product. I would be more than happy to phone up the suppliers and bargain with them based upon the number of potential orders above.

At this moment in time if there is no other option than paying the extra cost I would just like to have a refund - I think I'll just buy myself a welder instead and stick to my classic motors ;)

Edited by rushhour

Ok Simon, name the price (inc VAT / postage / anything else) and those that still want to go ahead can start transferring the difference.

Thanks again for all the time & effort you've put into this GB.

Lets all take a step back a second and look at this opportunity we have here.

If there is anyone out there who believes they have what it takes to take full advantage of the leverage of 80+ buyers, let them come forward here first and have one voice for the GB. Possibly the worst thing we could all do is to start calling the various distributors off our own back and end up **** them off too.

Rushhour has said in his previous post he would be happy to phone the suppliers ( I hope he means other suppliers too ) and more importantly he may have time to do this. Simon has done a great job so far in getting us all together in the first place and he has also increased the numbers from 20 to 100 ish. Dispite the people who had to pull out for their own reason's we still have a (dare I say it ) people power to have the buying power ! Ok sounds a little naf, but we need to keep spirits high.

Quote from Rushour

" I would be more than happy to phone up the suppliers and bargain with them based upon the number of potential orders above."

SimonMac here from the R32OC.com.

first of all, i have only just managed to get enough time on my hands to deal with the R32oc lot, (thanks British Airways for cancelling 3 flights on me!) so i'll be updating them in the next few hours. Hopefully they will take it well and all opt to pay the difference.

Can I also show a big thanks to Simon (Gadgetman) for a sterling effort in organising this, i haven't had to deal with what he has gone through and had a tenth of the people to deal with, and i still struggled to find time to organise my end. Group buys take a lot of time to organise. I hope everyone appreciates that.

Concerning the renegotiation of the group buy with a supplier is probably very hard at the moment, we have extended their original terms and conditions and the pound is in a diabolical state at the moment, businesses are struggling to keep their heads above water as it is. I also get involved with purchasing, large budgets and suppliers etc, and things aren't always as good as people imagine.

Simon H, i wil get back to you ASAP on things my end, and i hope you feel better soon, with regards to the mistake, don't worry chap, could have been anyone of us that made it. life is too short to worry about little things like this, lets just get this one over with and move on, you are a top guy.

thanks.

I think Rusty's comment wasn't really that V-Tech are taking the p**s because of the VAT thing - I think we get that that was your ***kup! emoticon-0105-wink.gif I think it's more that once you start to look at what they were offering, it's not actually that much of a discount for the 20-odd you originally seem to have told them you'd place with them, and certainly isn't much of a discount for what was nearly 100 units. Anyway, I can see why you might not want to go back to them and ask for more off (though I don't see that asking just once can hurt when there's final numbers on how many will still go ahead - you never know they might knock enough off for 70-odd units to cover post out from you to us?) Would they post out to individuals for the current price to save you that grief? Just a thought.

Can we get to an all-in price including postage just so everyone knows where they stand? I'm reasonably cool with whatever, but I will take a guess that a few people will want to know the cost including getting it delivered to them, and we'll get a bit of fence-sitting until that cost is known. I'm just thinking of how to get people to call it either way so you know how many are still in. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Oh, and I hope your nether end is recovering - having that to deal with as well as all this must be pretty horrid.emoticon-0124-worried.gif Hope you're not suffering too badly.

Hope you're feeling better Simon.

From what I can work out the total price will be in the region of £236, (£229 inc VAT for the lead plus £7 P&P). This is still cheaper than the £249 quoted earlier in the thread from another supplier.

I don't need a plastic case, CD or manual so I'm still interested in continuing with the GB as I've stated previously.

so we all going ahead then,

so we need to know how much extra to transfer, a deadline and when to expect the units.

so we all going ahead then,

so we need to know how much extra to transfer, a deadline and when to expect the units.

agree ^^^^^^ a definate amount is needed so we know what the extra is lets get this GB done good work simon :thumbup:

Edited by gtineal

agree ^^^^^^ a definate amount is need so we know what the extra is lets get this GB done good work simon :thumbup:

Yep. I'm in, lets get a final final price for Cost of Lead inc Vat + Delivery to each of us, then we can go forth and get this nailed for once and for all.

Simon, thanks again...

Andy

Obv my PM box has gone into melt down, I'm getting through everything as quick as I can.

Those that have asked for a refund, I'm processing it. I'll massacre the list on p1 when I get chance Using the security calculator thingy is making things long winded, but I'm working through things ASAP.

OK, those still up for it Lets call it the £229 and I will sort postage to you - can you just send a PM with "still in" so it will speed things up for me. If you can get the £27.43 payments to me by Tuesdays post (if cheque, end of day if transfer) I'm really now only wanting to get those their cables ASAP, those their refunds ASAP and put this mess to bed.

I will then order Wed 24th.

Obv my PM box has gone into melt down, I'm getting through everything as quick as I can.

Those that have asked for a refund, I'm processing it. I'll massacre the list on p1 when I get chance Using the security calculator thingy is making things long winded, but I'm working through things ASAP.

OK, those still up for it Lets call it the £229 and I will sort postage to you - can you just send a PM with "still in" so it will speed things up for me. If you can get the £27.43 payments to me by Tuesdays post (if cheque, end of day if transfer) I'm really now only wanting to get those their cables ASAP, those their refunds ASAP and put this mess to bed.

I will then order Wed 24th.

Simon. No way are you stumping postage costs to me. I'll be sending you a cheque for... let me see....

£202.00 already paid.

£229.00 final price minus £202.00 is £27.00 left to pay.

Postage you said would be £7.00 so add that to £27.00.

A cheque will be on its way to you for £34.00.

I trust that's acceptable?

Simon

I've made the extra payment today using bank transfer, you should have the payment in your bank account on the 19th March.

thank you for sorting out the GB

Cheers

Ray

Edited by aRd

<br />Simon. No way are you stumping postage costs to me. I'll be sending you a cheque for... let me see....<br /><br />£202.00 already paid.<br /><br />£229.00 final price minus £202.00 is £27.00 left to pay.<br /><br />Postage you said would be £7.00 so add that to £27.00.<br /><br />A cheque will be on its way to you for £34.00. <br /><br />I trust that's acceptable?<br />

Gadgetman, I'll also be sending you enough to bring it up to £236, assuming that's right - don't want you paying onward postage.