Removing the spoils it spoiler and seats

Hi

As a potential vRS buyer, I was wondering if the rear spoiler can be removed easily from the car?

I'm thinking if not, perhaps by ordering a non exclusive vRS paint colour (e.g.: black), I could entirely replace the boot lid.

Also, I think I read on the international Skoda site, that Czech spec cars often have different seat materials. Does anyone have an idea about changing seats? Specifically, I'd like to avoid leather completely, and have an all fabric or all Alcantara chairs. I believe that the seats in a Superb are Alcantara and faux leather, but the vRS seats have synthetics and half (real) leather?

The reason for removing the spoiler is to reduce any kind of attention (I'm an actor trying to hide), and the reason for the avoidance of leather, is that I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like it! I think cows skin has no place in a well made mechanical machine!

Cheers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have the issue of a leather steering wheel, leather gear gator and leather handbrake lever although there is some question as to the authenticity of the last two items.

Changing the seats and removing the spoiler isnt going to be cheap - would it not be more logical (and cheaper) to get an Elegance 1.8TSI that has no leather as standard and stick some different wheels on it?

just a thought but maybe you might be better with a non-vrs unless of course you really want it for the engine?

I dont think having the spoiler removed will make that much of a difference as you will have big 18" alloys and the rest of the vRS kit, you could maybe go for the estate as its not as in your face has the hatchback.

Seats you could always try seeing if there is a member on here with a non vRS that might want to do a swap?

FWIW I don't think the gear knob gaiter is leather. I would expect that the seat material is the same (man made) but the steering wheel feels like the real thing - might be wrong..

Regarding the spoiler - i really don't think you'll be any more incognito if you take it off.. you're driving a skoda FFS - how more "low key" can you get! If it was me, i'd just unbolt the spoler and put some rubber grommets in the holes to keep the rain out - zero cost - that way you can easily re-fit when you come to part-ex/ sell the car in a few years.

Not a very good actor if you can only get a Skoda. You weren't in Eldorado were you? (The Pistonheads lads would love this OP)

Hey, I appreciate good engineering above everything, so if it's Skoda or Lamborghini (same parent company), it doesn't really matter to me!

Eldorado, moi? I'm a movie actor! And I'm in a little film coming out this year...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1802200/

For more info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Khanna

And if you want to see how a bit of why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGnt11vbOV4

As for the spoiler, well I'm sure its engineering isn't necessary, especially at Muggle speed limits.

Thanks for all the advice guys, will be using it quite soon.

PK

to be fair keep it standard and and you wont stand out that much................maybe to the rest of us Skoda fans but most joe bloggs wont notice them.

Good luck with the movie hope it works out well for you!

I understand the stealth issue and it could be done.

One of my friends has a Accord Type R that was originally owned by some head honcho at Honda, as such it doesn't have the picnic bench spoiler on the back. It does look proper sleeper and unless you are a Honda geek and notice the twin exhausts it just looks like very other Accord.

I would also look elsewhere in the range. To me it doesn't make any sense taking away parts of the car. It will also hurt you badly come resale time, unless you keep the proper parts and refit them when that time comes.

Steve

How about just keeping it standard and getting some "I am not the death eater bloke" stickers?

Quality - I can see from your resume why you may want to keep it quiet, have you noticed how many A List celebrties also have non descript understated vehicles. Break a leg.