JBS CR Delete Pipe and Software

Hi Guys,

I've recently spoke to JBS about a Delete Pipe for the DPF for the CR RS engine. The said the following.

" I think i could turn the development around in 7days. I would also need a list of 10 people willing to pay a deposit for the finished product.

The price per car would be £850 inc VAT. This would include the DPF off pipe and software.

Hope this helps

James B Silverstone

Technical Director.

So who would be interested in this and would willing to put a deposit down?

Cheers

JC

forgive my ignorance but assuming the DPF delete pipe is part of the exhaust and software is to tell the ECU that you no longer have a DPF £850 each :o

thats about the stretch of it.

i believe there are some traders offering this in the region of £750

also the DPF is not as restrictive as on the PD engine as it's ionly a partial filter

The JBS DPF off software I believe does include the remap, this is the whole reason for removing the DPF in the first place. The downpipe is also made by miltek so not some cheapo product. The DPF off for the PD started off quiet a lot more.

I know someone that had the DPF delete + software on his Golf GT.

It drank fuel, smoked like a biatch, actually drove slower than before and was a similar price to that quoted here.

Tread carefully if this is where you want to go. :o

Really?

I bet the map used is really garbage.

A friend of mine drove the very same car w/o DPF and standard sw for a while and he sweared it was running better. I guess after a while exhaust pressure sensor started ranting to ECU.

Isn't there a dirt and cheap way to trick the sensor? I mean this double piped sensor is the cause of all or most of DPF related issues. One should place a probe across the pin, monitors what it sends to ECU and simply reply it. Then drill DPF out and bingo.

How's that nobody did it so far? A further remap would be finer, sure, but not cheaper.

Stefano

It drank fuel, smoked like a biatch, actually drove slower than before and was a similar price to that quoted here.

Bad software map would make it smoke like a biatch. The sensors have to be set to a threshold that it will realistically never reach, so that it will never regen due to %build up and passive regen over a set number of miles travelled.

As for MPG , illustrated below is the rolliong average MPG2 of my MFD from Sunday Night

Image033.jpg

Was that the average over 19 miles Tom? LOL

How's the car running with the DPF off?

Your step by step DPF modding guide is really good I'm just going through the motions myself. I can hear the turbo whistling a little more now with the filter material removed.

As for JBS I wouldn't trust them if I could throw them!!!!!!

I would say De-DPF modding my PD170 has cost approx £250 (including spare DPF pipe and map) :)

Was that the average over 19 miles Tom? LOL

How's the car running with the DPF off?

Your step by step DPF modding guide is really good I'm just going through the motions myself. I can hear the turbo whistling a little more now with the filter material removed.

As for JBS I wouldn't trust them if I could throw them!!!!!!

I would say De-DPF modding my PD170 has cost approx £250 (including spare DPF pipe and map) :)

Yeah, and i was coasting ;)

Car running great TBH, It's a lot more driveable, especially now as the torque band was widened, there is plenty of poke where ever i am on the rev counter. Did you map out the EGR while you were at it?

Yeah the turbo is a little more pronounced, since removal. The tone of the exhaust is slightly hollow from large cavity. Where did you come across the spare DPF section ? Scrappy? I'm doing another Vrs during the Easter Break and he wants it done using a spare 1 so that he can revert back to OEM if he wants.

Glad you liked the DPF Thread, the boys on the SEAT-Cupra site needed a tissue after it went up. Some of those lads were handing out over £1000 to get it done. Do they not know theres a Recession ;)

Tom :thumbup:

Edited by tom1362

I managed to get the DPF off a guy on Ebay although it wasn't the exact part so had to make up a small stainless section - not a problem though.

I haven't mapped out the EGR, I don't know enough about that yet. What do you have to physically fit instead? Is there any other problems?

Cheers

Ali