Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

Yesterday I got my production week: 39 (end of September)

Order placed week 20 (mid May) :(

The car is a Superb 4x4 TDI with a lot of extras

/Mike

OUCH, Thats a looooong time!!

:o

im biting at the bit already and its only been 11 weeks

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else with recent updates on delivery times?

I was with the local dealer on Saturday looking at a 140CR Combi with a few extras which from memory were metallic, removable tow bar, sunset, heated screen & cargo partition.

I didn't place the order, I'm still chewing over it, but the dealer reading off his computer screen was indicating build in the factory in week 43 and delivery week 46, which is the 15th.-19th. of November.

This seems to stack up with the delivery times others are getting, about 16 weeks.

Also what sort of discounts have people been able to get on a straight cash deal?

I phoned another dealer this morning and got a very similar price to what I was quoted on Saturday which was 7.7% off the full list price including extras, how does this compare to what others are getting?

Like I was written earlier I ordered my Superb (Estate (or Combi like it is called here in Finland) with DSG 7) 15th April (wk 15) and the order war confirmed to factory build week 22 and now it is rescheduled to factory build week 33. It makes 18 weeks waiting time for manufacturing and additional 2-3 weeks for the delivery!!! Hope that there is no need to postpone my order any more.

Received a call today from our dealer saying that production had been moved forward and that delivery should now be at the end of August, week 34/35, instead of the middle of September, week 37/38, (check my earlier comments to this thread the 23 June.) So our wait so far has only been a little over 8 weeks.

He mentioned something about the specs for our car that made it possible for the factory to move our order forward (you will find the specs mentioned in my earlier comments - check them out, who knows we may not be the only lucky ones receiving this news emoticon-0140-rofl.gif ). According to the dealer we should receive definite confirmation sometime week 33.

Let´s see what happens… emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

Hi SSC

Are you trading in a car against the Superb or buying for straight cash?

Just wondering how the discount of about 7.7% I have got from a couple of dealers down here in Skåne compares to elsewhere.

Thanks.

Hi SSC

Are you trading in a car against the Superb or buying for straight cash?

Just wondering how the discount of about 7.7% I have got from a couple of dealers down here in Skåne compares to elsewhere.

Thanks.

Hi Suckin' Diesel

We are trading in the wife´s SAAB 9-3 from 2002 plus adding in some extra cash. Looking at altogether putting in 30% of the sales price.

I would consider 7.7% as being OK since most dealers I have found don´t really like giving more than the standard 7 or at the most 7.5%. In our case we had several dealers of different brands know that we were out to buy a new car. We told them what we were looking for (as far as type of vehicle - combi) and how much we were willing to spend (monthly payments) and in the end they all tried to do better than their competition. In fact the discount we recieved from VOLVO was close to 10%, not so usual when it comes to a private person rather than a company purchasing.

The only thing I found with Skoda in the beginning was they considered the DSG discount as part of the overall discount that was on offer rather than working from the net price of the car after the DSG discount was knocked off. Things worked out OK for us in the end though.

Good luck with with your choice.

Regards,

Alvin

Anyone else with recent updates on delivery times?

I was with the local dealer on Saturday looking at a 140CR Combi with a few extras which from memory were metallic, removable tow bar, sunset, heated screen & cargo partition.

I didn't place the order, I'm still chewing over it, but the dealer reading off his computer screen was indicating build in the factory in week 43 and delivery week 46, which is the 15th.-19th. of November.

This seems to stack up with the delivery times others are getting, about 16 weeks.

Also what sort of discounts have people been able to get on a straight cash deal?

I phoned another dealer this morning and got a very similar price to what I was quoted on Saturday which was 7.7% off the full list price including extras, how does this compare to what others are getting?

Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR 170bhp DSG with the following extra's

Electrically operated Boot

Floor Mats

Metallic Paint

Sunset Glass from the B pillar

Auto Dimming rear view mirror

Heated Rear Seats

Rear side window sunscreens

Upgraded sound system

Total Vehicle price agreed on with extras - £24,900

Vehicle price before extras £26,075

Should have been £27,900 with all extras at RRP

so just over 10% discount

I ordered this on 11 Apr 10. Collected it on 26 Jul 10 (pre-arranged and delivered 3 wks before to dealer).

Superb Estate SE 105Tdi

Magic Black

Sunset Glass

Continental Headlights

£14215 total.

My first Skoda. Totally, Totally chuffed to bits with it.

Value for money or what!!

Just spoken to the dealer about my order placed on Saturday 5th June;

Skoda Elegance 140 CR 2 litre Estate

Metalic Storm Blue

Rear Curtain Airbags

Full Size Spare

Cream Leather

The dealer fit extras are;

Floor Mats

Mud Flaps (front & rear)

Dog/Load Guard

Tow bar with twin electrics (apparently the factory fitted prep kit is incompatible with UK spec towbars plus more expensive)

Just been given build week 43 (w/c 25th October) with an expected delivery date of mid-November (approxiamtly 6 months). The dealer told me that the Superb and Yeti currently have the longest lead times.

Just spoken to the dealer about my order placed on Saturday 5th June;

[...]

Just been given build week 43 (w/c 25th October) with an expected delivery date of mid-November (approxiamtly 6 months). The dealer told me that the Superb and Yeti currently have the longest lead times.

Bugger, I'm three weeks behind you on the order date with the dealer. The specification is very similar and I haven't yet got a confirmed build date yet. Looks like it will be an early Christmas present at this rate. :(

Best regards

David

Just been advised delivery to dealer 1 November for a car re-ordered in mid-June. Original order was placed in April.

Very disappointing - starting to wonder whether I actually want the car.

Now for an update to my initial introduction from a couple of weeks ago ("Hi from Sweden").

As I mentioned on that thread I ordered our car the 28 May and was given a preliminary delivery date the middle of September with a very small chance of delivery the middle of August. Last Friday I received an E-mail from the dealer saying that he had now been given a planned manufacturing week, 16-20 August. With 3 to 4 weeks delivery after that I guess the original delivery time still stands. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Visited the showroom the following day (took my father-in-law to show off the Superb Combi - by the way he was impressed and took a lot of pictures of a V6 4x4 Superb Combi that was parked out in the sun) and was told that the factory would only be closed for 2 weeks instead of the original 3 due to the large number of orders that have been placed and the pressure being laid on from the dealers. He also mentioned that the Superb line was not going to be closed at all - wouldn´t you love to have a spy on the inside? Let´s hope that for us waiting for delivery in September that this should help speed things up although for me he added that the DSG box was a problem as the factory was having difficulty with supplies. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Hope this information was helpful.

Oh, what did I order? (if you haven´t read my introduction here it is again) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Skoda Superb Combi 2011 Elegance TSI DSG 7-automatic; and apart from everything that comes standard for Sweden, the following:

Colour: Amethyst Purple metallic with Alcantara leather seats (black/black on the inside)

Business package including 4 spoke steering wheel (multi function), Bluetooth hands free, parking assist, sunset tinted rear windows and Bolero radio system

Trifid 17†alloy wheels

Removable Tow bar

Electrically controlled rear door

KESSY system

Webasto heating system

Now for an update to my initial introduction from a couple of weeks ago ("Hi from Sweden").

As I mentioned on that thread I ordered our car the 28 May and was given a preliminary delivery date the middle of September with a very small chance of delivery the middle of August. Last Friday I received an E-mail from the dealer saying that he had now been given a planned manufacturing week, 16-20 August. With 3 to 4 weeks delivery after that I guess the original delivery time still stands. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Visited the showroom the following day (took my father-in-law to show off the Superb Combi - by the way he was impressed and took a lot of pictures of a V6 4x4 Superb Combi that was parked out in the sun) and was told that the factory would only be closed for 2 weeks instead of the original 3 due to the large number of orders that have been placed and the pressure being laid on from the dealers. He also mentioned that the Superb line was not going to be closed at all - wouldn´t you love to have a spy on the inside? Let´s hope that for us waiting for delivery in September that this should help speed things up although for me he added that the DSG box was a problem as the factory was having difficulty with supplies. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Hope this information was helpful.

Oh, what did I order? (if you haven´t read my introduction here it is again) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Skoda Superb Combi 2011 Elegance TSI DSG 7-automatic; and apart from everything that comes standard for Sweden, the following:

Colour: Amethyst Purple metallic with Alcantara leather seats (black/black on the inside)

Business package including 4 spoke steering wheel (multi function), Bluetooth hands free, parking assist, sunset tinted rear windows and Bolero radio system

Trifid 17†alloy wheels

Removable Tow bar

Electrically controlled rear door

KESSY system

Webasto heating system

It is interesting. You have ordered a Superb in the same colour I did. Due to the long delay on the originally promised delivery date I asked them to add Kessy to my order. I have been told that they can not add because of the colour as they can just accept Kessy option for white, black and silver Superb.

It is interesting. You have ordered a Superb in the same colour I did. Due to the long delay on the originally promised delivery date I asked them to add Kessy to my order. I have been told that they can not add because of the colour as they can just accept Kessy option for white, black and silver Superb.

Sorry to hear that. Must be something local to your country. With all the waiting I just hope nothing is missed out once delivered.

Sorry to hear that. Must be something local to your country. With all the waiting I just hope nothing is missed out once delivered.

I'd suggest that you should check it out as I have been told it is because of the missing technology solution for painting the door handle part. (Actually I am surprised as the black coulour is also a metal one.) Actually I was told that the factory hope to have solution not earléier than November. But I hope that it is a specific issue only for Hungary and you will have what you have ordered. Please advsie when you have it. Thanks. Istvan

I enquired with my dealer on Monday about a build date for the car that was ordered on my behalf three weeks ago. I was told that factory is now on shut-down so there won't be any more build dates issued until the factory re-opens; no date given for that unfortunately.

Got my build week today; week beginning 18 October. The order was placed with dealer on 23 June. By my calculation that is 18 week lead time to build and 21 weeks to the dealer. The DVLA will add another 2 weeks to that to perform the cherished transfer of the daft personalised company plates that we are forced to have. :( So with luck I should have my new car by sometime week beginning 15 November. :)

Best regards

David

For the record, I have a Steel Grey car with KESSY. I'm struggling to understand why certain colours would be a problem.

Got my build week today; week beginning 18 October. The order was placed with dealer on 23 June. By my calculation that is 18 week lead time to build and 21 weeks to the dealer. The DVLA will add another 2 weeks to that to perform the cherished transfer of the daft personalised company plates that we are forced to have. :( So with luck I should have my new car by sometime week beginning 15 November. :)

Best regards

David

I have a personalised plate on mine. I put it on retention a couple of weeks before delivery so that it could be used on the new car from first registration.

I have a personalised plate on mine. I put it on retention a couple of weeks before delivery so that it could be used on the new car from first registration.

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion. I guess that means swapping the car back onto it's standard plates a couple of weeks before delivery of the new one, something that will need to happen anyway.

I'll have a chat with the guy who manages the company vehicles on Monday. He should know what is required as he has had cherished plates on retention in the past. I know what he will say though. :(

Best regards

David

For the record, I have a Steel Grey car with KESSY. I'm struggling to understand why certain colours would be a problem.

Our dealer (in Norway) stated that the factory in the Check republic struggled to get hold of enough Amethyst paint and that therefore we could experience extended lead time when choosing this colour (as we did) B)

Edited by Doc Watchtower

Our dealer (in Norway) stated that the factory in the Check republic struggled to get hold of enough Amethyst paint and that therefore we could experience extended lead time when choosing this colour (as we did) B)

Hmmmm. Paint shortages... Colours incompatible with KESSY... My dealer-bulls**t-o-meter has just gone 'ping'