Modifications on our Yeti 1.2 TSI

YETII

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

just thought I'd add an update of a few bits and pieces I've down to my 140 Elegance.

1. home made stone chip guard for rear arch (heavy duty stick on foil from Homebase)

IMG_0241.jpg

2. Elegance (ex Mercedes-Benz) badges from eBay (well, I like them!).

IMG_0242.jpg

3. door sill protectors (metallic stick on foil from Homebase)

IMG_0243.jpg

4. Stubby aerial

IMG_0244.jpg

5. Powerlink hard-wiring for Sat Nav (note I also used a piggy back fuse holder); note rolled piece of rubber used to pack the plastic moulding, no doubt to stop it creaking; this is how I found it so I don't know whether this was a "factory" modification or a dealer fitment!

IMG_0245.jpg

6. Spare wheel kit (inc wheel, floor, jack, wheelbrace, spare wheel screw); means I also have a compressor.

IMG_0247.jpg

John

5. Powerlink hard-wiring for Sat Nav (note I also used a piggy back fuse holder); note rolled piece of rubber used to pack the plastic moulding, no doubt to stop it creaking; this is how I found it so I don't know whether this was a "factory" modification or a dealer fitment!

IMG_0245.jpg

6. Spare wheel kit (inc wheel, floor, jack, wheelbrace, spare wheel screw); means I also have a compressor.

IMG_0247.jpg

John

Hi John,

thanks for an interesting post, would have thought the 'rubber roll' mod to be a dealer thing and I'm surprised to see that you can actually buy a factory prepared spare wheel (rim plus tyre and associated stickers). Would have expected that you'd order a rim and fit a tyre to it.

Regards,

TP

Hi John,

thanks for an interesting post, would have thought the 'rubber roll' mod to be a dealer thing and I'm surprised to see that you can actually buy a factory prepared spare wheel (rim plus tyre and associated stickers). Would have expected that you'd order a rim and fit a tyre to it.

Regards,

TP

Regarding the wheel, I was going to order a rim and then get a tyre fitted but as I was told that Skoda had the complete wheel with the safety stickers, while I think I could have saved a pound or two, having ordered the boot floor etc I thought what the heck, and got the whole lot together.

A word of caution to anyone buying a new Yeti....the £55 for a factory fitted spare is much more cost effective than the £230 to do it afterwards!

John

Please find below photo's of some improvements to my Yeti 1.2

Rear bumber Stainless steel protection

bs.jpg

Stainless Steel door sils.

a2.jpg

foot rest

steunyeti.jpg

motor compartment insulation. (bought this after I saw it on YetII car, good tip)

mkn.jpg

Used Valvoline Tectyl to spray the weel arches.

wk2.jpg

Edited by Polypenko

Used Valvoline Tectyl to spray the weel arches.

wk2.jpg

Martin, can you confirm the objective of this is to prevent corrosion? Valvoline Tectyl also use sprays for sound dampening - I'm interested.

Good job on the other mods - are the door sils 2 piece? Just ordered the Skoda ones myself but yours look good as well. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I am curious about the Tectyl spray also? It looks like you sprayed the wheel arch liners - plastic. If you wanted either sound or corrosion protection, you would need to take off the liners first, then spray.

Or am I not seeing the pic right?

Edited by Agerbundsen

The first Fase of the Tectyl was pure optical, I did not like the Aqua blue parts and prefered an

entire black surface.

In the second stage I'm going to do a complete Textyl Anti corrosive prevention of the entire

Wheel Arches and the suspension.

Agree that if you want to do a 100 percent protection you will need to remove certain

elements.

The Door Sills are two parts, eventhough I like the official Skoda ones, these are cheaper.

euro 105,00 incl de RVS rear bumber protection.

:)

Edited by Polypenko

Only the diesels get the insulation standard from factory for noise dampening. The part number is exactly the same - I fitted it as well for enhanced noise dampening. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Good Evening,

A great thread, I'm thinking of ordering the under bonnet sound deadening from my local dealer and just wondered if you have the Skoda part number to hand? Also, does it come complete with the trim clips etc needed to fit it?

Many thanks in advance.

Good Evening,

A great thread, I'm thinking of ordering the under bonnet sound deadening from my local dealer and just wondered if you have the Skoda part number to hand? Also, does it come complete with the trim clips etc needed to fit it?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

part number 5L0 863 831 bonnet insulation

clips are included in the package.

all the best,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly can't complain about the service from the Skoda parts department. The sound deadening took eight days to arrive, the dealer called me to tell me it had arrived, so no chasing involved - brilliant.

It's a quality bit of kit - with the clips already in place, it literally took 30 seconds to fit and didn't need any fitting tools.

YetiSoundDeadening002Comp.jpg

YetiSoundDeadening004Comp.jpg

YetiSoundDeadening008Comp.jpg

YetiSoundDeadening011Comp.jpg

YetiSoundDeadening012Comp.jpg

I can't say that it makes a huge difference to the cabin noise levels, but I've never thought the Yeti was a noisy car anyway - quite the opposite in fact. I bought it more to tidy up the underside of the bonnet (not something I look at everyday), for £21 it didn't break the bank and if it makes the car even quieter that's a bonus.

• 10 months later...

Love the sat nav install! A couple of questions if I may!

Was it easy to feed the cable from the fuse box out into the car? (I havent got my Yeti yet so cant look and see - is the UK fuse box on the right??)

Where about does the earth connect to?

Thanks

Simon

Just as a matter of interest as I'm not planning any electrical modifications, but my fusebox is under the bonnet near the battery, which would presumably make the kind of things shown here rather more difficult. Is the location of the fusebox different for different trims/drives/engines - or is it random?

Just as a matter of interest as I'm not planning any electrical modifications, but my fusebox is under the bonnet near the battery, which would presumably make the kind of things shown here rather more difficult. Is the location of the fusebox different for different trims/drives/engines - or is it random?

Page 233 of the 2010-2011 Owners Manual shows the fusebox on the left side of the dash panel (the picture shows a left hand drive vehicle)

Page 233 of the 2010-2011 Owners Manual shows the fusebox on the left side of the dash panel (the picture shows a left hand drive vehicle)

But page 234 shows an under-bonnet fuse box, which is where mine is: I just wondered why some are there?

As a technological incompetent, I always 'get a man in' to do jobs on my car. I bought a Brodit Proclip mount and adaptor online to fit my Tom Tom to the A pillar (right hand side, UK car). Managed to install this myself (not quite that incompetent) Then I found online a firm who sent out a man in a van; he opened the drivers door, removed a small panel at the side/end of the dashboard to reveal a fusebox, took the wire from the adaptor and neatly tucked it under the A pillar rubber, connected the wire to a fuse, put the panel back on, closed the door and relieved me of £30. Works a treat!

Edited by Bobdog

The fuse box under the bonnet is the heavy duty side of things, the fuse box referred to is at the end of the dashboard. See your manual for explanation of the under bonnet fuses. :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Hi Everbody, dont know where to post this but the sound deadning (insulation) in the middle of the firewall on my new 1.2 is already "sagging". There's bare patch of painted metal about 300 mm long with a few holes just above it, looks like there should be some kind of plate to hold the insulation up with clips to go into the holes. Went to the Skoda where I bought it, they looked under the hood of another 1.2 it was the same. (bad batch?) The diesel model had wiring loom clips in the "spare holes" and sort of by default the loom holds up the insulation. Are your 1.2's the same? Here in Brisbane we are probably the last outpost for Yeti's so appreciate any input.

Good bit of info re the mudflaps - most of us have had them fiited from Day 1 so don't know how effective they actually are. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Are they a dealer-fit item? I can't find them in the brochure.

Chris

Hi Everbody, dont know where to post this but the sound deadning (insulation) in the middle of the firewall on my new 1.2 is already "sagging". There's bare patch of painted metal about 300 mm long with a few holes just above it, looks like there should be some kind of plate to hold the insulation up with clips to go into the holes. Went to the Skoda where I bought it, they looked under the hood of another 1.2 it was the same. (bad batch?) The diesel model had wiring loom clips in the "spare holes" and sort of by default the loom holds up the insulation. Are your 1.2's the same? Here in Brisbane we are probably the last outpost for Yeti's so appreciate any input.

Evening,

I've just taken a look at our 1.2 and there's no sagging sound insulation visible anywhere on the firewall. It's all taught and flush against the bulkhead.