Does your car have a name?

A mate at school dubbed my Fabia as the 'Joda' (Joe/Skoda) which I quite liked, but I've never named them myself.

The same rule was applied to the Polo, so that's now known by friends as the Jolo.

Personally I just say 'my car', 'parents car', 'your car' etc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatthe****isthat :) as peple have said when they dont know what it is and have been shown my exhaust pipe!! :) ...or whatthe****isthis when ive given people a lift!!! :)

K:)

I Call mine Occy, but thinking of changing it to Sore Occy thanks to the kid in a ford Ka using her back bumper as a break and putting her in the Auto hospital for the next week and a half.

Not sure what to call the Vauxhall I got on loan. Someone at work suggested Ashtray which is pretty darned accurate come to think of it. Havent driven such a jelly like plasticky hunk of junk in ages, only got 2.5k Miles on it, but feels like you could add the number 10 to the front. What a crock.

Ok, so I call my Octy the Hearse (Black Magic estate!) my 2 little boys call it the Skoda car, and ask if its faster then every other car we see on the road (I can't imagine why).

Previous cars I had have also been named, the most memorable for me was White Lightning a MY1990 Pug 309 Gti - converted to and Mi 16v for those of you that know, after about 10k spent on engineering and a few other mods it was track tested by Tim Harvey for a feature in Fast car.........0-62 in 5.3 top speed 147 mph, I do miss it!! :'( Hopefully that explains the name, oh, and it was pearlescent white :rofl:

Edited by Pagey1255

Yes ... mine's called RJ (after RJ Mitchell, designer of the Spitfire)

My previous cars have been called Shelby and The Viper ...

(sadly the cars weren't as exciting as their names make them sound - one was a Clio, the other a Metro)

Mine has been dubbed "The Black Flash" B)

Named after the slowest Jamaican carpenter ever to work for my firm.

We always said that there hasn't been a nail made that wouldn't rust away

before he'd finished knocking it in :rofl:

Mrs Grrs SDI is simply known as the "The Tractor"

(Called that because the Mrs is from the west country.... :D but don't tell her that...)

Previously The Mrs had a silver old shape suzuki this was called "The Rizla"

I've only been naming things since there has been a woman in my life...

Coincidence.... I don't think so...

My Mk1 vRS is called Verity after my wife. Cos like her, it is:

1) Nice to look at

2) Fun to drive and own!

3) Expensive to run in comparison to some other models!

4) Shares the same initial letter of it's name (Verity and vRS)

5) Likey to kill me if I push it too hard

6) Sporty.......ish!

7) Understated and classy

8) A wolf in sheeps clothing

Please notice I stayed away from, roomy in the rear, cracking airbags etc etc etc!!!! I was keeping it clean and respectfull!! :rofl:

Edited by SCVRS

I call my Fabia vRS, my Furby. We call my dads Subaru Impreza Turbo, "The Scooby" (ie Scoobie-doo)

We did not names for the Citroen AZ or my old Metro. But my dads MG Maestro EFI was called Daj, as the number plate had DAJ at the end.

I have a daft Question, that has bothered me for a while.

If a Fabia is a Furby

An Octavia is a Octy

A Roomster is a Roomy

And a Yeti is a Snow Monster.

Then what nickname do you give a Superb?

Edited by Jim H

Mine has 2 names "the Roomster" and "the Car".

I did have a Simca 1100 once that was called "That Bl00dy Car" (has broken down yet again)

Edited by Calomax

I have a daft Question, that has bothered me for a while.

If a Fabia is a Furby

An Octavia is a Octy

A Roomster is a Roomy

And a Yeti is a Snow Monster.

Then what nickname do you give a Superb?

Tautology!

• 8 months later...

The last two threads I read on this forum had Octavias named Vladi and Olivia. I called my Mark I Octy Olga (Built like a shot putter from eastern Europe but gets the job done better than the prettier options from western Europe emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif ) and the current Mark II Otka (Czech name meaning 'lucky' - definitely too pretty to be another Olga emoticon-0136-giggle.gif ). Has anyone else named their car?

My dad started the trend by naming the last few cars he had Gertie Galant, Orla Orion and Betsie the car that would only start after about 10 tries... emoticon-0100-smile.gif