DSG paddles can be removed, help needed

I enclose 3 pictures of the dsg wheel. Do you think it's nicer with the paddle off or on. You cannot see the back of the wheel while driving even from passenger seat.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

If you could reply with a simple keep paddles on or off that would be great, thanks

Off.

If they are not going to be doing anything, just take them off. You'll never see the back of the wheel from behind like that ever again so you don't need to worry what it looks like :)

If you feel the need for speed, then obviously the weight saving of taking them off is probably going to gain you at least 10mph...........

...........but personally, I'd leave them on - they're bound to be a talking point with your passengers, and you can say "If I had DSG................." :rofl:

Keep them ON Mr Shoutie!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you feel the need for speed, then obviously the weight saving of taking them off is probably going to gain you at least 10mph...........

...........but personally, I'd leave them on - they're bound to be a talking point with your passengers, and you can say "If I had DSG................." :rofl:

You could also add the awesome looking DSG gear knob!! :p

Am following this project with interest ;)

I'd probably take them off.

Sarge.

Off and fill the gaps with some coloured modelling resin and you'll never know the difference!

+1

It is an expensive route to getting a MFSW on a manual vRS when it should be standard fitment. It really is about time Skoda woke up to this issue.

+1

It is an expensive route to getting a MFSW on a manual vRS when it should be standard fitment. It really is about time Skoda woke up to this issue.

You hit the nail on the head. Hopefully I can sell my current wheel which will ease the pain. But yes why they can't do it is beyond me.

Wire them up to your left & right fog lamps.

Left and right full beam and an associated air horn of differing tone with each.

Bingo, full poilce effect* :)

*Please note this is a joke and you should not do this as it is illegal.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Earlier I said I'd probably take the paddles off. However, having looked at my car I realise that although the space where the paddles would be wouldn't show from either the driver or passenger seat, it would show when looking into the car through the driver's side window. Maybe not a big deal, though.

Sarge.

Edited by Sarge

I have to say that for me it'd drive me nuts having non functional paddles, if anything take them off. Then again I'd be really annoyed about having missing bits at the back of the steering wheel. Perhaps one of those trim repair types could fill them in. As said above Skoda should really do a MFSW without havning to have the DSG; wake up Skoda!

I have to say that for me it'd drive me nuts having non functional paddles, if anything take them off. Then again I'd be really annoyed about having missing bits at the back of the steering wheel. Perhaps one of those trim repair types could fill them in. As said above Skoda should really do a MFSW without havning to have the DSG; wake up Skoda!

I'm 99% certain that I've seen reference somewhere in an official Skoda accessories catalogue (most probably continental not UK) to an alternative 4-spoke MFSW that doesn't have the phone button, which again is useless unless you have Bluetooth, can't remember seeing paddles on it either. The phone button had been replaced with a "Source" button.

Edited by IndianaBlues