VRS leather seats

Well,

I took the plunge today & ordered a new Octavia VRS CRD in Anthracite (to replace my black 2008 one).

I've specced it with the leather interior & I was just wondering if anyone has any piccies of the leather seats? The only ones I can find online are from the LE pre-facelift version.

Thanks Guys!

I too ordered leather seats with my vRS (in anthracite too - snap!), and am really chuffed with my choice. The combination together lend the car a premium look and feel. If I do have a quibble with the leather seats, though, it's that I think it's only the seat faces that are leather, and the stuff around the backs are a different material. Don't quote me (I don't want to get lynched!) but I shall check tomorrow when it's light again. Will also try and get some photos taken so that you can see what the leather/anthracite combo look like.

Oh, and congrats on your choice. You won't regret it.

Cheers

Statto

I too ordered leather seats with my vRS (in anthracite too - snap!), and am really chuffed with my choice. The combination together lend the car a premium look and feel. If I do have a quibble with the leather seats, though, it's that I think it's only the seat faces that are leather, and the stuff around the backs are a different material. Don't quote me (I don't want to get lynched!) but I shall check tomorrow when it's light again. Will also try and get some photos taken so that you can see what the leather/anthracite combo look like.

Cheers

Statto

You may be right in that, in my Mk1 vRS, I speared the leather with the seat belt clip, closed the door, and bang, it went straight through.

Took it to a guy who repairs motorbike seats (of all things.....) and when he took it all apart, the side pieces were vinyl as opposed to leather.

If the do that on the side bolsters, cant imagaine the backs would be leather either.....

Steve

Cheers

Statto

IIRC on the Skoda Auto website it states that the vRS emblem on the back rest of the seats is on plastic not leather. That left me wondering just how much of the leather seats is leather. The perforated bit obviously is and I expect the bolsters are, because the standard seats have leather there. But what about the front part of the seats (bit under your knees) and, as you suggest, are the seats just leather-faced? Not that it really matters because they're still pretty smart :thumbup:

Sarge.

Ahhhh Anthracite and leather interiors on a VRS, you chaps have good taste!

2 requirements for me when I buy a new CR170 VRS or Yeti will be those 2 items.

Sounds really daft, but every day since I got the LE, I admire the seats as I sit in traffic, must be some leather fetish.

How much is the leather option these days at dealers when adding to a new spec?

How much is the leather option these days at dealers when adding to a new spec?

Dont know how much it is in the UK but here in Ireland it cost me €690 emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Dont know how much it is in the UK but here in Ireland it cost me €690 emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Leather option on VRS is 820 of your finest English Pounds!

On an Elegance with heated seats its 1430 English Pounds

Leather option on VRS is 820 of your finest English Pounds!

On an Elegance with heated seats its 1430 English Pounds

so could you go ino the dealership and get the leather seats for 820 pound then, or is that price only valid on new builds??

As promised folks, I managed to take a few pics of my new wee baby, my anthracite vRS estate with leather option (and a few other toys!). You can find them here:

My vRS photos

As you can see, the combo is pretty natty.

However, as I said in a previous post, and what a few other posters have said here, i'm not convinced the seat coverings are 100% leather. I took a closer look at the seats tonight and detected 3 different types of "leather"; (1) the perforated seat facings, (2) the seat bolsters, vRS-embossed panel and headrests, and (3), the seat backs. I'm convinced (3) isn't leather, but (2) looks pretty convincing. Actually, it's funny that this topic has come up, cos when I picked the car up with my wife, I commented that the interior didn't smell of leather, so I was suspicious even then as to the leather-content in the seats. What percentage of real leather do they need before Skoda can market it as "leather upholstery"?!?

Finally, about the anthracite paint (apologies if this is going slightly off topic), but I did notice that there's a consistent orange peel effect to it. I thought I was being paranoid so mentioned it to the dealer, who also noticed it too, so it can't be my imagination. Ok, so I wasn't expecting Lexus-levels of paint application but I thought that the orange peel effect had been banished from modern car production. Obviously not. Maybe it's meant to go by the same theory of the dimples in golf balls - it makes the vRS fly through the air quicker!

Hope you like the photos!

Statto