Octavia Delivery Delays

ufitsy

Ordered an octy SE met estate with 2.0 CR on 26th June, was told today that the build week is 50 which seems horrendous as delivery will be jan 11.

I asked what the order date with Skoda was and he said that it was showing on the system as 20th July - what happened in those 3.5 weeks?

Are there any options open to me to keep my current car on the road or at worst have my deposit back?

Will I be stung for the VAT increase?

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers.

I have asked Skoda UK the question of the VAT increase, it seems they take at least a week between emails and never give a straight forward reply!

Three weks ago was told a new Octavia delivery would be 20 weeks but they had a demo model that fitted the bill so bought that. When in dealers this week they are now working on 24 week delivery even for promised 20 week delivery customers. Dealer not sure if VAT deal will still apply plus VAT goes to 20% in January. Skoda either need to increase production or get new future planning staff.

I ordered a new Octavia VRS on 29th june with a few extras.

When I ordered it I was told it would be about 12 weeks.

I have been told that my build week is 39 and it will be delivered about 2 weeks after that.

Jonny

Skoda and other brands, offering 0% VAT at the moment wont want to lose sales with 20% VAT.

WATCH THIS SPACE.......

There was a post on here a while back that suggested (well, quoted a note to dealers that said) that if the car was ordered before 1st Sept, and delivered to the dealer after 14/12, they would honour the "vat free" price and give an extra discount to cancel out the extra 2.5% vat.

I'll see if i can find that post.

EDIT: here you go - http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/171056-long-delivery-vat-free/page__view__findpost__p__2074539

Edited by sdenny

Order placed week 23 Octavia VRS CR DSG hatch Race Blue with extras.

My build date went from week 44 to wk 38 then 41 / 42 to wk 43.

In the last 3 weeks, went back to wk 44 then wk 45. Today, Skoda Uk confirmed now wk 48!

Julie at Customer Services will now keep me posted. I am gutted, as I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel. At this rate, car will be registered in 2011!

Anyoneone else in the same boat?

Looks like there are a few people getting squeaky buttox about vat increase, along with delivery delays. I will be speaking to my local dealer on Monday, as I have taken the zero VAT. emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I ordered an Octavia VRS yesterday and was told that they would honour the 17.5% rate regardless of delivery date providing the car was ordered before the end of September. That is in line with another post I have read on here.

Cheers

Ordered an octy SE met estate with 2.0 CR on 26th June, was told today that the build week is 50 which seems horrendous as delivery will be jan 11.

I asked what the order date with Skoda was and he said that it was showing on the system as 20th July - what happened in those 3.5 weeks?

Are there any options open to me to keep my current car on the road or at worst have my deposit back?

Cheers.

I ordered my VRS in June and now I am told delivery may not occur until Jan 2011. While this is frustrating there is no issue regarding the VAT. When I agreed to buy and paid my deposit we entered into a contract, binding on both parties (the garage and me). They cannot alter the price and I cannot demand my deposit back. The only way to change such arrangements is where both parties agree to a change.

I ordered an Octavia VRS yesterday and was told that they would honour the 17.5% rate regardless of delivery date providing the car was ordered before the end of September. That is in line with another post I have read on here.

Cheers

Thats the information I was given by a dealer recently

I was told exactly the same when I ordered my car on the 28/08/10. I was told any vat hit would be shared between the dealer and SUK.

I would still like to know if the delays are affecting all octavias. and if not which ones are worst affected?

Sorry to sound cynical all, but I want any agreement around this type of arrangement between dealer & SUK in writing, as my recent dealings with some businesses have been less than honest in verbal agreements.

I guess it will come down to if Skoda and the dealership want to lose a sale. It does state on most order forms that they are not responsible for changes to the local taxes that my change.

I would have though that Skoda and/or the dealership will honour the signed contract and not increase the rate, but as ifc958 I would personally get it in writing from the dealer/skoda

I have just spoken to the dealer & had my car build moved from wk42 to wk 44, Started on wk 38 when order was originally placed emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I did ask about my order being a zero VAT order & the dealer was quite adamant that we have a written agreement & that SUK will have to honour it.

My only concern is my current car & the miles im trying NOT to put on it, I would have let the dealer have the car now if it hadnt been for the transfer of the private plate to the new one.

If I take it off and let the dealer have the car it will cost £110, but by doing a direct transfer to the new one its only £80. No brainer really.

my dealer was very good about the extra miles on my current PX from the delay. His opinion was that it was skodas fault theres a delay and they will absorb any loss the PX car makes due to the extra miles. Have had very good service so far (Pant Waen Skoda) and hope to pick it up this saturday providing it gets there from grimsby on time

I ordered my vRS in September last year when the VAT was 15% and due to the wonderful delays that the VAG group are experiencing the car wasn't delovered until January this year when VAT was back upto 17.5%

The price I paid was the price I agreed in September (without me having to query it) and the numbers were changed on the invoice so that the discount given to me equalled 17.5% instead of 15% as at the end of the day, it's not VAT free, it's discounted to the equivalent value...

I would assume that this practice would continue as long as the car was ordered before a certain date.

ordered a VRS estate with some extras on 4th july and about 3 weeks ago was told build week 38 which is this week, but after reading this post im a bit worried i might have a delay.

Cheers.

When you:

1. Agree with a dealer to buy a car.

2. Document the agreement on a piece of paper setting out price and specification

3. Pay a deposit

This then becomes a CONTRACT between you and the dealer. Neither party can simply change the terms unless both parties agree.

If you have a price that includes the no VAT offer, then this cannot be altered by the garage. No dealer can impose VAT on you retrospectively.

If some dealers are saying that cars ordered after September will incur the new rate of VAT, then they are effectively saying that the no VAT offer has come to an end.

I'm a Sales Manager at a Skoda Maindealer - Let me clarify all the above concerns for you once and for all...

Yes there are hideous delays from the factory and as dealers we see the build weeks changing, which is quite frustrating for us as it is yourselves...Current average lead time for Octavia hatch is 17 - 18 weeks and 21 - 22 weeks for the estate...

As for the VAT increase in January - as long as your car was ordered before 30th September 2010, Skoda UK will honour the current VAT discount offer and also not increase the sale price of the car when the VAT goes up on 1st January - you pay the current deal price even if your car comes in January or later...

However if Skoda decide to carry on the VAT discount deal from 1st October, then the discount will be the equivalent of the current VAT rate, but the 2.5% increase from 1st Jan will then apply to the final price....

We at my Dealership are also honouring the part exchange prices we set at the time of ordering, even though when we did the deal we thought there was going to be a 3 month delay. Now it seems there's going to be a 4 or 5 month delay it loses us as Dealers @ £300 - £400 part exchange price drop on average for a further 2 month delay - so you see, it is as frustrating for us too - we want you to have your new car!...

Edited by skomansteve

I'm a Sales Manager at a Skoda Maindealer - Let me clarify all the above concerns for you once and for all...

Yes there are hideous delays from the factory and as dealers we see the build weeks changing, which is quite frustrating for us as it is yourselves...Current average lead time for Octavia hatch is 17 - 18 weeks and 21 - 22 weeks for the estate...

As for the VAT increase in January - as long as your car was ordered before 30th September 2010, Skoda UK will honour the current VAT discount offer and also not increase the sale price of the car when the VAT goes up on 1st January - you pay the current deal price even if your car comes in January or later...

However if Skoda decide to carry on the VAT discount deal from 1st October, then the discount will be the equivalent of the current VAT rate, but the 2.5% increase from 1st Jan will then apply to the final price....

We at my Dealership are also honouring the part exchange prices we set at the time of ordering, even though when we did the deal we thought there was going to be a 3 month delay. Now it seems there's going to be a 4 or 5 month delay it loses us as Dealers @ £300 - £400 part exchange price drop on average for a further 2 month delay - so you see, it is as frustrating for us too - we want you to have your new car!...

What abou the 0% finance?