WHAT CAR award Octavia best small family car

Ah..

Makes you proud to own a Skoda when they keep winning awards like this year after year.

I'm on my second vRS and could honestly never see myself changing manufacturers as long as they keep building them this good!

Well done Skoda. Thoroughly deserved. :)

Small family car????

Obviously they never went in the boot then :giggle:

They should at least let skoda have the same engines as Seat for the VRS though instead of playing second fiddle

Although with the build quality would that overshadow VW

Well officially the VRS is a small hot hatch, the fact it is probably the biggest vehicle in the "small family car" section is irrelevant, the fact that it is almost as big as a lot of the "medium" sized cars is irrelevant . As long as it keeps winning awards who gives a S##t what they call it or class it as. The whole point is that once again Skoda and the Octavia have trounced the opposition, What is even more impressive is the fact that the nearest 2 rivals are the VW Jetta (golf with a boot) "sounds familiar" LOL and the Seat Leon.

And that Skoda took the manufacturers title and VW are at 29 with Seat at 7 and Audi at 11. Meaning that the 2 "minor" members of the VAG group have beaten the 2 "major" members yet again.

Edited by BillyT1903

Given all the awards that Skoda are winning & VW being so low down in the ratings, really makes this talk of de- contenting skoda so that people will buy VW, sound very much like sour grapes, and that the senior people in VW are living in denial that there is a problem with the VW that needs to be seriously addressed.

Well done Skoda emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Must admit that the Octavia 2 is pretty good, if only they could sort the harsh ride and engine noise it would be a perfect all round car. At the price is still better than the comp.

Harsh ride???

Yes, a harsh ride for a top of the range car like the L&K that I have, not forgetting the noisy 2L 140bhp engine which I also have. In comparison, my old Mondeo Titanium X was in a different league on these two points.

Sorry folks but being a somewhat reluctant Octavia owner, it is certainly not a LARGE car,

and since it feels a bit claustrophobic I think it could justifibly? be called/described as small.

Especially if sat in the back.

I know the boot is big , but honestly the Hyundai I10 "feels" bigger when sat in the drivers seat, less room for luggage though in the I10

Cheers

M

I have just completed the first 6 months of Octavia ownership and in terms of value for money and "exceeding expectations" it is one of the best cars I have ever owned (and I have previously had the prestige stuff such as BMW, Mercedes etc). I am not at all surprised at VW being near the bottom of the Dealer ratings - the arrogance and lack of interest showed by the VW Dealer when I was comparing Octavia Estate to VW Golf Estate was unbelieveable.

Dead chuffed with this award, adore my vRS to bits. It's a workhorse but I don't half look forward to driving places in it! :D

Bring on the Octy 3...I am getting a new car itch but the FL vRS just isn't enough of a step for me!