Leather?

Hi

I am going to test drive and most likely buy a new Octavia Vrs diesel DSG tomorrow morning

With the current No Vat deal, it seems a good time to choose some extra options as well, so I'm considering opting for the leather seats. Can anyone tell me, is it just the seats that get leather trim or are the door inserts etc done as well?

Thanks

Ben

The door inserts, whether you order leather seats or not, is in this leather or leather-like material (I'm not totally convinced that it's real leather). I ordered the leather on my vRS. It does give the interior a touch of class. What I would say, is that if you're ordering the leather, make sure you tick the options box marked "Heated seats". I didn't, thinking it'd save money, but on these cold mornings I'm wishing I had.

Anyway, pics of the leather interior on mine, if you're interested, can be found here:

vRS leather interior

I ordered full leather seats on my Superb Estate Elegance, on my previous MkII they were also stated to be full leather, but on cleaning found that sides and back trim did not seem to be real leather. On contacting Skoda it appears that only the front of the seats are real leather, the sides etc are artificial.

Go for the heated seats, if not all round at least the fronts, they have been worth every penny so far this winter. You will find you can turn them off quite quickly tosave your alternator working overtime.

Hi

I am going to test drive and most likely buy a new Octavia Vrs diesel DSG tomorrow morning

With the current No Vat deal, it seems a good time to choose some extra options as well, so I'm considering opting for the leather seats. Can anyone tell me, is it just the seats that get leather trim or are the door inserts etc done as well?

Thanks

Ben

Is this offer still on? I fully loaded a hatch vRS yesterday and it came in at 22K............. :doh:

Is this offer still on? I fully loaded a hatch vRS yesterday and it came in at 22K............. :doh:

I was at the dealer's this morning to get a new spare wheel, they still advertise the 'No VAT' deal in the windows...but upon reading the small print it was only for cars ordered before June 2010...

YES to the leather. As already stated, hugely improves the interior! Not keen on the normal vRS seats.

Heated seats aren't worth the extra. Yes, they warm up quickly, but you soon have to turn them off. It's chilly when you get in with or w'out heated seats, but your body soon warms them up.

I've had heated seats in my last two cars. Didn't spec them this time. SWMBO agreed! Waste of your cash.

Get curtain airbags instead! You can't put a price on your or your family's health!

Remember the vat free is only for cars delivered by 31st dec 2010 and anything after that date vat is 20%. hope this doesnt put you off. Check delivery date before signing.

Remember the vat free is only for cars delivered by 31st dec 2010 and anything after that date vat is 20%. hope this doesnt put you off. Check delivery date before signing.

This isn't what they've told me, they've said as long as car is ordered before end of December then it's VAT free

I ordered my kitchen last year before VAT went up this January and only paid 15% VAT

Delivery isn't until March

This isn't what they've told me, they've said as long as car is ordered before end of December then it's VAT free

I ordered my kitchen last year before VAT went up this January and only paid 15% VAT

Have just checked skoda website and it does say delivery by end of December

I shall be asking some questions at dealership tomorrow

I have the leather option and really does add a touch more class to the interior. I am glad I went for the heated seats. I have had them on preious cars (with cloth seats) and never got on with them either. Decided to get them this time because of ordering the leather (first time I have had leather seats) and I am glad I did over the last few weeks. The seats are really cold when you get in and the heated seat really helps to get comfortable sooner.

I have the leather option and really does add a touch more class to the interior. I am glad I went for the heated seats. I have had them on preious cars (with cloth seats) and never got on with them either. Decided to get them this time because of ordering the leather (first time I have had leather seats) and I am glad I did over the last few weeks. The seats are really cold when you get in and the heated seat really helps to get comfortable sooner.

X2 love my leather seats :thumbup:

I went for the leather option on my vRS.

Glad I did .

You dont need them heated to be honest.

Real men dont need "hot Totties" emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Do the FL VRS standard seats still have the oh-such-a-pain-in-the-ar$e-to-keep-clean light grey alcantara?

I would have full leather if I could, the alcantara looks nice, but is just so impractical to keep it looking nice

Edited by Rhoobarb

Do the FL VRS standard seats still have the oh-such-a-pain-in-the-ar$e-to-keep-clean light grey alcantara?

I would have full leather if I could, the alcantara looks nice, but is just so impractical to keep it looking nice

Yes the standard seats on the FL are still the same as the preFL. So you still get the light coloured front section.

If you've got kids go for the leather...if not....go for leather anyway! :)

I've got heated seats as well & although compared to our new fabia VRS they are slow to get warm (about 3 minutes to start to feel heat compared with 30 secs for the fabia!), I'd recommend them...especially for the CRD which takes much longer than a petrol to warm up.

I have to confess that it was the wife who insisted on heated seats...I'll go out in my VX which has unheated leather seats & the worst heater in the world...but given the choice on a cold, icey day I'll take one of the Skoda's...I think I've been down South too long! :D

I've got heated seats as well & although compared to our new fabia VRS they are slow to get warm (about 3 minutes to start to feel heat compared with 30 secs for the fabia!), I'd recommend them...especially for the CRD which takes much longer than a petrol to warm up.

The heated option is a must for leather seats in my opinion. And yes, they do seem to take a while to heat up. Wife has a Yeti with heated leather and the heat seems to be there within 30 seconds.

Another reason for adding heated seats to the leather option is that even if you don't get on with them, the next owner might see it as essential.

One last point about the leather seats is that I find them more comfortable than the fabric seats I had in my previous vRS (07), particularly the seat base somehow doesn't seem so narrow (that or my a*se has got smaller :rofl: )

The current offer ends in December as posted above, but I'd be amazed if a new, similar, offer doesn't turn up shortly afterwards.

Skoda have done several VAT free offers over the years and will want to keep sales momentum going, I can't see a 20% price rise happening.

Never understood the fascination with leather seats.

Had them in my old 200sx years ago. It's cold in the winter, sweaty in the summer, and slippy all the time (not great for going around bends fast). You have to spend effort treating them to keep them in good condition. Also child seats + leather don't get on. The child seats rub/stretch the leather over time - leather isn't half as tough as the fabric most non-leather seats use.

About the only advantage is they wipe clean easily.