Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Driving up through Harrow (Middx) today, nice red F/L with black roof behind me.

Did not realise it was a Yeti till large gap between us.

Red seemed slightly darker than norm, still very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent the day in Harrogate and I saw yetis everywhere. On the road going past the other way, coming round roundabouts past us,  and in front of us, and there were 4 in the new M&S food store car park alone. Most were the new FL version on 14 plates so perhaps the change in style has boosted sales here! (Apparently my choice of white is suspect now as the wife preferred a black FL that she saw!)

Felt quite left out as my yeti was left at home so I could give my wifes Fabia a run and check all is well with it.

You're right there's been an explosion in Harrogate's Yeti population of late, I probably see 5 or 6 every day.

Trendsetter, moi?

WG14*** PETROL BLUE NEAR POITIERS (FRANCE) 5 August 2014

Almost never see Yetis around here (it's Dacia Dishcloth territory), so was surprised and pleased to see a GB-registered - and Petrol Blue one, exactly like my own - one on the tiny roundabout at the north end of the shopping estate at Chasseneuil-du-Poitou yesterday afternoon.  We passed very closely, but also very briefly, and I'm not sure either of us registered each other's presence until we'd passed, but it was a real pleasure.

Nearly a year old (how time flies when you're having fun!) and had never seen another Petrol Blue Yeti............ until today!! In the grounds of Woldingham School, Surrey - anyone here? PB

14864535313_5b4904b11c.jpg

Seeing the photo of the two Yeti,s reminds me we now have two Petrol Blue Yeti,s on Island. Mine and a F/L Outdoor one. (Had me fooled for a while as it was running on UK plates,now on Manx plates)

Tony

If you blink you might miss it, but at 7:02 there is a quick spot of a member of this forum:

Just passing through! :giggle: 

Fred

• Like 1

There were loads of Yetis on Anglesey when I was enjoying a week up there recently, including one that was part of the security of the RAF base, with all the reflective stickers on it and roof lights. Not a bad job, tootling round the outskirts of the runways, with views of the sea and RAF jets coming and going. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife spotted these in leeds Yeadon.

Just past leeds bradford airport.

3 yeti convoy.

IMG-20140830-WA0016.jpg

• Like 1

I see loads of Yeti's, a bloke two doors down walked up

looked mine over and a week later turned up in a maroon 4x4

With my Eriba Troll Caravan we always waved/flashed lights

when we saw another Eriba how about doing it with Yeti's

• 3 weeks later...

The Yeti seem to be developing their own natural habitats, my local Yeti breeder (dealer) told me last week that he has just registered his 130th Yeti. So they certainly are not endangered in an area of 9 x 5 miles. There is only one Jungle Green.....so far.

It must be something in the water regarding Yetis and islands. Went to Guernsey for lunch yesterday and there loads of the little blighters!  

• Like 1

My Yet's twin (Bronze Mk1) on the A34 northbound heading for Abingdon/Oxford this morning, around 8:20.  I was in my Audi on t'other carriageway.

Spent today manning the 4x4 Response stand at the Emergency Services Show at the NEC, and I know we have had photos of these posted in the past, but thought I would also show a picture of the interior, showing the light control box and their radio fitting:

Coastguard1_zpsbde2cf43.jpg

Coastguard2_zps064e1b22.jpg

• Like 1

Have fun.

Some quite interesting stands there and it would be very easy to spend a lot of money. Someone was selling drones with cameras for £75!!

I had a very good look at the new Discovery Sport and was most impressed. Very Freelandersish from the front, but longer and with 7 seats, and unlike the Evoque you can actually see out of the back windows! I shall await my invitation to Eastnor from them.

Have fun.

Some quite interesting stands there and it would be very easy to spend a lot of money.....

I was very tempted by the AT fire appliances - now, they would be fun!  I had to avert my gaze when we got to the £75 quadcopter :peek: .  I did call in at your Stand to say hello to you a day late.  And (to keep on thread) I found another Coasguard Yeti out in the North carparks; if I could have got Annie through the intervening hedge she could have gone into that adjoining space for a very special pic! 

2014ESSCoastguard4_zpsc45c367c.jpg

If I remember correctly, this batch of HMCG Yetis were delivered about the same time as I got Annie. 

• Like 1