Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Just passing through! :giggle: 

Fred

Eh, who?

I recce the BCCC routes and am part of the stage set up team but didn't see anyone un familiar in the service area :no:  

Last round in a few weeks at Walters Arena - recced on Friday.

My SJ was swopped for this event for the Yeti due to the amount of kit I had to bring to the event :whew:

• 3 weeks later...

A black 140 DSG driven by Thingy, Nice to meet you Ted, I hope our drive proves useful.

and a cheerful wave from the driver of a silver one in Harefield. Saw at least 7 this morning and only the one wave.

Oh well, if I waved at them all round here I'd end up with tennis elbow. :o

Spent today manning the 4x4 Response stand at the Emergency Services Show at the NEC, and I know we have had photos of these posted in the past, but thought I would also show a picture of the interior, showing the light control box and their radio fitting:

Coastguard1_zpsbde2cf43.jpg

Coastguard2_zps064e1b22.jpg

I saw this in the flesh driving through Filey on Friday, quite impressive colour scheme, really suited the car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw DBG400 (number plate gave it away) on the A61 this morning, I was on my way to Leeds just after 8am, you were heading in the opposite direction.

Can't believe I missed the opportunity for a "flash" though, my mind just doesn't work quick enough sometimes :)

Wow - my first being spotted!

I'd just dropped my daughter off for yet another Aikido training session - part of the 300+ miles a month done as taxi duty! 

I saw a few others today, including one of the rare bronze Yetis (YC62 ***) on the way to Harrogate - they were going towards Spofforth - later on as I was taking my summer wheels to storage.

Update: Found you on the dash cam, but the light wasn't very good, and it was drizzling, so the stills aren't worth putting up.

Edited by dbg400
  • Like 1

Saw my 2nd one down under.

A white original, in Welshpool yesterday about 14.00

Wonder what the odds of the driver being a Brisky member are?

Not a Yeti; but I thought I might have seen Johann when I passed OO09OOO ~ and did a double take in my mind to get the number to make sense.

Looked even better on the car obviously!

Update: Found you on the dash cam, but the light wasn't very good, and it was drizzling, so the stills aren't worth putting up.

Famous at last!  Also, I've seen a Range Rover around Harrogate with a very similar number plate....anything to do with you?

No - mine is just a variation on my forum name/web domain, used here & elsewhere. I've not seen a Range Rover with one close to it, but pretty much all of them in our area do seem to have private plates!

Two this morning, within 5 minutes of each other.

1. White 13-reg TDi, west-bound on the M4, exiting at junction 15 (Swindon) around 08:35

2. White 62-reg (model unknown), on the B4005 heading towards Chiseldon from Wroughton, just by the Hodson turn around 08:40.

I was in my other car.

Maybe I have seen it? The count is now up to 8!

3 white, 4 silver and 1 cappuccino. All in and around the Perth, Fremantle area.

Obviously not as rare a sight as I was lead to believe. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the first time in ages of Yeti spotting, I received a most definite wave from a regency green 62 plate Yeti leaving West Wycombe this morning, brightened up the trip to work (it was before the eclipse...). :sun:  

Spotted before but since I'm having to get the train I keep seeing a Tangerine Yeti at Broxbourne station car park most days. A good handful of facelifts spotted, but I'd look a bit strange trying to acknowledge them whilst being pedestrianised :think: :rofl: