Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

I followed a Jungle Green 4x4 Yeti Outdoor through High Wycombe this evening. We went our separate ways only for it to find me again when I pulled over to chat to some friends in Bledlow Ridge.

[Nice colour that Jungle Green but obviously not as nice as Tibetan Bronze....    ;)    :bandit:   ]

I saw a new Muscovado 65 plate L&K at Makenzies Smokehouse in the Dales this morning. It's the first 65 plate I've noticed this month, though I've not really been looking for them.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a long time since I have dropped in well today it finally happened and I blew it!

Driving up the hill towards Ascot having just passed the entrance to Lego Land, and a dark Yeti coming the other way flashed me! I was so taken back that by the time I realised, it had gone. Was it anyone on here?
Yeti are quite common in this area and no one ever bothers to respond when I indicate my presence (must not say flash as Wakev tells me off) miserable lot, and now I am guilty myself.

Far too many yetis around now, the novelty of seeing another one has well passed.

I've given up acknowledging them as they rarely wave back.

They probably think I'm some mad fella!!

And?  :angel:

We know the truth.  :yawn:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

They are common in Southwold, Suffolk.  There are quite a few Roomsters too.  It would appear that the wealthy denizens know value when they see it, probably with more 'extras' as standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, those were the days.... when you got a cheery wave from virtually every Yeti that you saw. It was great to be a pioneer back then. Oh well... that's nostalgia I guess!  And I still have the same Yeti though not for much longer.

I wonder if I can claim to have the Yeti that's been seen "in the flesh" by more people than anyone else's (as distinct from those making appearances on TV). 

It's appeared on track in front of the crowds for 9 events a year for 6 years as Course Car/Safety Car on the Aintree Circuit & Barbon Hillclimbs, 4 appearances as MSA Steward's Taxi at Croft Circuit & 2 on the Mull Rally, displayed on the club stand at the Manchester Classic & Performance Car Show, the Southport Motor Show, and 3 Oulton Park Gold Cup Meetings and 2 Cholmondeley Pageants of Power, as well as appearances near the stop line at 21 rallies over the years here in the north west.

Or has your Yeti been seen by even more people - in addition to your daily drive of course?

:sun:

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 1

Show off, John!!

There were 2 others parked in the Raven Squarecar park of the Welshpool and Llanfair Railway today, a red facelift that I think belonged to a member of staff, and a grey one in the passenger car park

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/07/2014 at 15:13, finebone said:

Hello all!

Spotting Yetis all over the place now.

Changed from the early days when I did not see another on the road for about 6 months!

How times have changed since 2009!

Just sold my original Yeti after over 80,000 safe miles and lots of happy memories. Have bought a Suzuki Vitara Allgrip. it does not feel as well built but has lots of modern gizmos and is much better value than the VAG alternatives imho. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, finebone said:

How times have changed since 2009!...

Changed indeed.  We don't really remark on solo Yetis nowadays on our travels, only on 'Yeti Trains' - twos barely count, triples (out of the sticks) are not uncommon, and our current record is a four-in-a-row...which included us! 

Good luck with the Suzuki.  Nice to have had your company for so long :hi:

On 13/12/2010 at 12:10, My_Yeti said:

On the contrary, I have seen quite a lot up North, about 2 weeks ago I saw:

Blue SE twice, centre of Durham and near the university

Silver Elegance near Crossgate Moor

White S near Langley Moor

and about 1 month ago, I saw an identical car to mine, Aqua Blue S near Birmingham and Oxford.

There are quite a lot of Yetis up here in the frozen North East. Barely a day goes by when I don't spot one. There is a guy who goes to the same shopping centre as me with a car identical to mine.

• Haha 1

We saw the consecutive numberplate from the missus's yeti in Morrisons car park last month - attached to another SE L Yeti :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VAGCF said:

National Trust properties are a good place for Yetis - for some reason!

It's the age profile, isn't it.  NT places tend to attract, shall we say, a more 'mature' clientele, as does the Yeti.  Seems very much an older person's  vehicle these days - probably Clarkson's target audience!  Remarkably low insurance premiums though, doubtless as much to do with the people who drive them as the cars themselves.  Delighted with mine, by the way. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the relatively cheap insurance reflects the sc.mb..gs desire to steal and race aroound in more desirable audi' VW's etc. Perhaps its badge snobbery?

I don't think they know how well it handles and goes, and can go offroad to get away, and that it is really a golf underneath; long may this continue!)

Living in the Lake District I get to see loads everyday ,  and not usually not the same ones every week  most seen in one 30 minuet trip was 18, ( welcome to Yeti World )