Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Well I'm back from my driving trip to the Continent. Saw 7 Yetis on day one driving from London to Dover and then Dunkurque to Frankfurt via Belgium. Spent the next day at the motorshow and of course saw a few there too! :giggle: Then 7 again driving from Frankfurt to The Hague. Then only the odd smatering of one a day or so whilst driving around The Netherlands. On the trip back via Brugge to Dunkurque we saw NONE. :(

imgp0569mb.jpg

Since I was passenger at the time I nabbed a picture of this silver 170 ahead of us in Germany.

This past weekend just after coming back from Europe (and having only had six hours sleep) we were off to near Ross-on-Why for a wedding. Saw three Yetis going there and only one silver one coming back.

They are getting more plentiful now!

Yup, there's two that "live" within five minutes' walk from home and another just up the road from work. I see others on the road pretty much every day now in Edinburgh. Where did they all come from all of a sudden?!

The Czech Republic? :giggle:

I saw 2 Qashqais mating at Sainsburys at lunchtime. One driving along through the car park and another reversed out and smashed the side of the other one in. Not sure if there's any points for spotting this? :smirk:

The Czech Republic? :giggle:

I saw 2 Qashqais mating at Sainsburys at lunchtime. One driving along through the car park and another reversed out and smashed the side of the other one in. Not sure if there's any points for spotting this? :smirk:

Ooops! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Two today in Bradford, both red ones like Betty. One (11 reg) round about 8.30 I followed directly behind as it headed down Emm Lane. DM Keith logo on the number plate (could have been heading there actually, right direction). Later saw one coming down Manchester Road to the city centre as I crossed in front and then headed up the road.

Saw a Red one on Wednesday in Old Knebworth with strangely German number plates. So surprised by the number plate I forgot to flash/wave.

I might see a few more next week as I am heading up to the Derbyshire Dales/Peak District for a few days.

There is an 11 plated Yeti where Franco & I live, but so far she (yes it's a woman) seems oblivious to the camerarderie she is supposed to activly engage in.

Waver at her FOUR now and she failed to spot me on ALL occasions emoticon-0120-doh.gif

There is an 11 plated Yeti where Franco & I live, but so far she (yes it's a woman) seems oblivious to the camerarderie she is supposed to activly engage in.

Waver at her FOUR now and she failed to spot me on ALL occasions emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Never had a wave from any other Yeti. Spotted another, a muscovado one, lurking beside my son's school when I was on my way in to parents' evening last night.

Never had a wave from any other Yeti. Spotted another, a muscovado one, lurking beside my son's school when I was on my way in to parents' evening last night.

Four spotted today. About 9.30 this morning heading east on the M62 near Castleford I overtook another red one, exchanged smiles and nods of approval with the driver. Heading back from my visit to Hull, again on the M62, round about noon saw a blue one going in the opposite direction - don't think he noticed me, despite the flash. Then this evening two of them within about 3 minutes; firstly a white (got a wave) then a blue (got ignored) just past Hebden Bridge on the road to Todmorden.

Loads up here and they nearly all wave! I pass one every morning but as I am not tuned in at 8.15am I tend to return my wave after they have passed. Oopps.

I saw one Muscovado Yeti on Saturday morning in Alnmouth and the driver became very excited as I grew large in the drivers mirror. As I pulled up behind him, T junction, he waved frantically out of the window with a big grin on his face. This time I was able to wave back! Come to Northumberland if you want to go Yeti spotting.

Four spotted today. About 9.30 this morning heading east on the M62 near Castleford I overtook another red one, exchanged smiles and nods of approval with the driver. Heading back from my visit to Hull, again on the M62, round about noon saw a blue one going in the opposite direction - don't think he noticed me, despite the flash. Then this evening two of them within about 3 minutes; firstly a white (got a wave) then a blue (got ignored) just past Hebden Bridge on the road to Todmorden.

I'll keep a look out for your red one - I'm Calderdale daily on the backroads. I use two modes of driving in the 1.8Tsi now, like an old lady with a sore foot when in traffic flow to save fuel, or like I stole it when I get to overtake or an empty road. So if you see a bi-polar disoder Yeti (in grey) - it's me!

I've been up to The Peak District for a few day's holiday this week and finished with a Yeti spotting score of Yeti 4, Eddie Stobart 6!

1st Yeti was not seen until late morning yesterday when a Black one, with distinctive numeral only reg of 31*** in 'old style' silver on black plates, came towards me on the hilltop by the Blue John mine near Castleton.

2nd was an Aqua Blue on the A6 in Darley Dale in the afternoon.

3rd was a Steel Grey in the Chatsworth Farm Shop car park around 11:00am this morning and the

4th was an oncoming Black one on the A1 in Cambridgeshire.

I saw two on Friday this week. One dark blue and one Muscovado. The first was on the outskirts of Mumbai, towards the east and New Mumbai, the second heading towards Mumbai on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway. Anyone here?!

A surprising amount of Skodas in the area, I didn't expect it.

I'll keep a look out for your red one - I'm Calderdale daily on the backroads. I use two modes of driving in the 1.8Tsi now, like an old lady with a sore foot when in traffic flow to save fuel, or like I stole it when I get to overtake or an empty road. So if you see a bi-polar disoder Yeti (in grey) - it's me!

Spotted a pale grey Yeti a couple of times in Heptonstall and Hebden BRidge - just passed it this lunchtime heading West out of Hebden Bridge: waved, and think I got a response. Was it you?

Spotted a pale grey Yeti a couple of times in Heptonstall and Hebden BRidge - just passed it this lunchtime heading West out of Hebden Bridge: waved, and think I got a response. Was it you?

There's a grey one that 'lives' in the HB/Heptonstall area somewhere ... I see it quite often. Sometimes driven by a man and sometimes by a woman. Sometimes get a wave.

Spotted a white S model early yesterday morning in St. Albans sporting "Doctor on Call" markings. The local NHS must be using them for the out of hours call service.

S_M

They must have a small fleet of them as I regularly see them in berko, Watford and Hemel.

Just got back from North Wales - I was surpirseid not to see more Yetis there. Saw a pale blue metallic one crossing the cob in Porthmadog on Monday, a dark blue one coming off the A55 near Bangor on Tuesday, and another pale blue one near Aberglaslyn/Beddgelert on Thursday - that was it !!

About one or two each way on the journey there along the M6/M54/A5, but I still think they are rare compared to Qashquis/Freelanders and even now the 4WD mini countrymans seem to be getting quite common.

Either I'm not very good at it or there are still not that many Yeti's around.

Have just spent a week in South Wales and didn't see any, also a week in Sorrento Italy and only saw one on the the race track which is the Autostrade between Naples and Salerno, loads of Fiats though!

A parked up Moscavado LG11 +++ on Allams (Epsom) Plates in Sainsburys Merton (aka Savacenter) car park Sat 22 Oct about 10.30 ish, first one I've seen locally for months. :yes:

With a sunroof and the Gobi interior? I think I know who that it is, don't think he is on here though.