Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

i was only 20 when i had my yeti delivered and after nearly 3 years i wouldn't have chosen any other car and don't think i will change it for another few years

matthew

i've been beaten....was sweet for a short while...

Being 38 I don't consider myself to be an old driver of the Yeti. But I don't think I've seen any young drivers on my travels. I think young drivers aof Yetis are an even rarer beast.

I'm an old f@rt, and I don't care who knows it.

Back on the subject.

Had a mad rush down to Crawley for a funeral at midday today, and spotted two very clean silver Yeti's on the way down, one near Kington and the other on the outskirts of Ross on Wye.

A silver 1.8 TSi 4x4 in Tesco Hatfield this morning, parked right next to mine, exchanging presents. ;)

It belonged to Yeti-Man

Good to put a face to the name matey. Hope the shopping wasn't too stressful?

Two Yeti pics from the Emergency Services Show this week. First, the 'official' one on the VW Group UK stand; 140 manual 4x4 Elegance, near-enough standard as far as I could see (without making a nuisance of myself), apart from a dog-sized cage in the boot (well, I suppose it would be security for equipment...), light bar and, of course, the livery. There may have been subtle differences under the skin:

ESSVWGroupUK.jpg

Outside, I grabbed this one of a Responder Yeti by Eagle International, with some natural coating on its (different) livery. Unfortunately, it had gone before I had the chance to go back and 'type' it.

ESSEagleInt.jpg

I didn't get round to the Eagle stand but their website (http://www.eagle999.co.uk/) includes this Yeti they did for St John, Guernsey. Different livery again!

EagleInt01.jpg

We know there are more Yetis about now in official liveries, but not many pics of them. Has anyone got any to add?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at the University of East Anglia in Norwich the other day, and noticed they have a couple of grey Yetis on campus with flashing orange lights on top, labelled up as 'UEA Security'.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it you?

Yesterday lunchtime, Black one with a waving driver.

Aerodrome way, Watford by Warners Studio.

Only spotted you at the last moment but hope you saw me waving in your mirror.

Spoke to the minder of a '59 plate silver 140 4x4 in Wendover car park yesterday. He thinks it was one of the first over here; rather regrets not having the patience to wait for a DSG but otherwise has been very happy with it. The only dislike he could mention is the water run-off from the roof into an open door - exactly what m'lady had been saying to me about Annie minutes earlier. No-one on here - he seemed slightly embarrassed not to have used the forum.

I was at the University of East Anglia in Norwich the other day, and noticed they have a couple of grey Yetis on campus with flashing orange lights on top, labelled up as 'UEA Security'.

At Robinsons yesterday Bob......

post-64306-0-94521000-1356281349_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Miniholly_zps60f8b273.jpg

Tangerine Yeti (yes, not red or bronze) turned left out of Dundale Road into Icknield Way, Tring, at about 2:45pm this afternoon. It followed us briefly, two cars back before I lost it. We think, a woman driver, but she was looking the other way as we passed the junction in some traffic.

It's a real Yetifest around Canterbury at the moment. The Memsahib has even started to suggest that Yetis are common based on the number we've seen over the last few days.....

Yetis are very commonplace. I see numerous Yetis every day. No more remarkable than seeing a Fabia these days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2