MUSCOVADO/GOBI or CAPPUCCINO/GOBI

Peter a Proud Yorkshireman

I vote Muscovado Gobi too:

photo2rb.jpg

Though in saying that I think Cappuccino will be far easier to keep clean and will show scratches less.

Where can I find some decent pictures as cannot find one in the flesh?

Try www.autoscout24.eu there are thousands of yetis on here in most colour trim combinations.

I started off with Cap/Onyx (like my current Octy Scout) then went to Cap/Gobi, but was uneasy about the mix having never seen it in the flesh, but pretty sure by now that I wanted the lightness/brightness of Gobi (and no children to make it scruffy!). Then, by chance, we drove past a dealership where there was a second-hand SM in Musc/Gobi and we both (ie myself and SWMBO) fell for it. No contest in my book!

I started off with Cap/Onyx (like my current Octy Scout) then went to Cap/Gobi, but was uneasy about the mix having never seen it in the flesh, but pretty sure by now that I wanted the lightness/brightness of Gobi (and no children to make it scruffy!). Then, by chance, we drove past a dealership where there was a second-hand SM in Musc/Gobi and we both (ie myself and SWMBO) fell for it. No contest in my book!

Wow, that Muscovado is a lovely colour and makes the Yeti look very elegant.

Between Cappuccino and Muscavado, I agree, there is no contest - Muscavado wins!

However, I still have White as my favourite closely followed by Green....but Muscavado is in third place now :)

Wow, that Muscovado is a lovely colour and makes the Yeti look very elegant.

Between Cappuccino and Muscavado, I agree, there is no contest - Muscavado wins!

However, I still have White as my favourite closely followed by Green....but Muscavado is in third place now :)

I have to agree that, in terms of the styling (especially the drama of the B pillar breaking up the black/glass upper body) white is probably the absolute best colour - IF the car was to spend all day under cover! But certainly living in the country, down cow- and sheep-muck covered lanes with mud and all sorts encroaching on most surfaces, white would just be impractical. I know that lots of SM owners who have the white say it's OK to keep clean, but it would be a two or three times weekly job for me, I'm afraid. I would love a white SM, but it's just not on!

My first choice was Muscovado/Gobi. SWMBO much preferred Aqua Blue/Onyx.

No prizes for guessing which one was ordered.

emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif I think there is a clue in the O of SWMBO!

I must admit that my first thoughts were to go for Muscovado with Gobi interior, but then seeing a Muscovado in the flesh I thought it was to dark, so I went with Cappuccino with Gobi and I'm very pleased with it.

I vote Muscovado Gobi too:

photo2rb.jpg

Though in saying that I think Cappuccino will be far easier to keep clean and will show scratches less.

That is utterly stunning - if we can afford an Elegance, that's the one to go for.

My neighbour has a Cappucino Superb and I've not yet decided if it's a) baby puke B) baby poo or c) a combination of the two. Doesn't do it for me.

That is utterly stunning - if we can afford an Elegance, that's the one to go for.

My neighbour has a Cappucino Superb and I've not yet decided if it's a) baby puke B) baby poo or c) a combination of the two. Doesn't do it for me.

After having lived with my Cappucino Octy Scout for almost 3 years (and the colour deciasion on that was made by SWMBO - I really couldn't decide beteeen Amazon Green and black at that time!), I have become rather bored with it. I think both its virtue and its vice is that its a fairly anonymous colour; for sure, it doesn't show dirt too badly, but in some lighting it's very anaemic. In a rich sunset environment, however, it's gorgeous! I'm gald I've gone with Muscavado for the SM (according to my dealer, by the way, it's being renamed Mato to fall in line with European practice, although the latest brochure and configurator don't seem to know that).

After having lived with my Cappucino Octy Scout for almost 3 years (and the colour deciasion on that was made by SWMBO - I really couldn't decide beteeen Amazon Green and black at that time!), I have become rather bored with it. I think both its virtue and its vice is that its a fairly anonymous colour; for sure, it doesn't show dirt too badly, but in some lighting it's very anaemic. In a rich sunset environment, however, it's gorgeous! I'm gald I've gone with Muscavado for the SM (according to my dealer, by the way, it's being renamed Mato to fall in line with European practice, although the latest brochure and configurator don't seem to know that).

Yes - our current car, fabia, is Cappucino and as much as we like it, it is a bit uninteresting though we think very good at hiding the dirt. Washed it yesterday and we can see it again. When we ordered cappucino for the Fabia 3 years back, we didn't study the charts much for detail and we expected that colour to be more like Muscavado. So this time we have ordered Muscavado for the Yeti.

I have to agree that, in terms of the styling (especially the drama of the B pillar breaking up the black/glass upper body) white is probably the absolute best colour - IF the car was to spend all day under cover! But certainly living in the country, down cow- and sheep-muck covered lanes with mud and all sorts encroaching on most surfaces, white would just be impractical. I know that lots of SM owners who have the white say it's OK to keep clean, but it would be a two or three times weekly job for me, I'm afraid. I would love a white SM, but it's just not on!

Candy White and Gobi does it for me.

Here is a Cappuccino SM:

post-36710-12961496663285_thumb.jpg

emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Here is my clean (not) Candy white SM:

post-36710-12961496674864_thumb.jpg

Here is (clean) Candy White/Gobi sand:

post-36710-1296149668812_thumb.jpg

I thought long and hard about all the different colours, and in the end wanted one that stood out. I too was bored with colours that are similar to every other vehicle out there. Most cars out there are either dark - blacks/blues or silver/grays. The brown didn't do it for Swmbo or me. I did wonder about tangerine, but didn't think it was tangerine enough.

In the end is was my Cappucinno/White Elsie that got my vote.

It might show the dirt, so I know where not to touch it, whereas, a colour that doesn't show the dirt, will still be as dirty, but you will get dirtier as you touch it/ rub against it etc not realising quite how dirty it is.

I'm sure Freshacre is glad of that, doing what he doesemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

It might show the dirt, so I know where not to touch it, whereas, a colour that doesn't show the dirt, will still be as dirty, but you will get dirtier as you touch it/ rub against it etc not realising quite how dirty it is.

Now that is the best reasoning I've ever seen for getting a white car! Ten out of ten Mike.

So what will I be looking out for on Sunday? A white Yeti or a beige one? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Now that is the best reasoning I've ever seen for getting a white car! Ten out of ten Mike.

So what will I be looking out for on Sunday? A white Yeti or a beige one? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

If it's not too cold on saturday, and I finish my zillions of reports I have to write, then a clean one.....if not, it will be a little dirtier than the non cappuccino graffiti oneemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

More than likely it will be the one that passes you at the speed of a shark remapemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

How does 'Safari Beige' on the Roomster compare to Musky? Saw a Roomy in a car park and sort of assumed it was Muskrat but now I see they don't do it in that colour - so it must have been Safari I guess. Without seeing them side by side I felt they were similar???

Thanks to everybody for their help! It will be Muskovado/Gobi and would you beleive had a phone call from D M Keith in Huddersfield to say they have one to look at today which is being picked up by a customer tomorrow. Me and SWMBO will combine with trip to Sainsburys this afternoon.

Cheers

Peter King

Thanks to everybody for their help! It will be Muskovado/Gobi and would you beleive had a phone call from D M Keith in Huddersfield to say they have one to look at today which is being picked up by a customer tomorrow. Me and SWMBO will combine with trip to Sainsburys this afternoon.

Cheers

Peter King

I'm sure you'll love it - at least, I hope you do or it will set me worrying again!

Hi

Just picked up my new Yeti 170 yesterday in Moscovado/Gobi.

I have had silver roof bars and the silver body trims added ( front / side / mirror/rear.

I have fixed on silver Yeti stainless steel finish door sill trims.

I hope you choose this coulour scheme , i really cant believe how good it looks , simply wonderful !

Good luck...well worth the wait !

Gordon

Thanks for the pics Tarbat. Nice to see the before and after "trim" pictures. Just shows why "wood" trim should have been an option for Gobi leather. Still, my wood trim will be here shortly and I might venture into the world of uploading photos :)

Hi All

Thanks again. Excellent pics Tarbat. When I got to D M Keith the car was Muscovado but with black leather which looks a bit grim. Also still awaiting a wash and very dusty. however will be going for the Muscovado/gobi but perhaps with the extra Autoglym treatment!