rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Now you may have a point there !

However I only have one micro sim. My son has a 4g EE sim and has no issues. I am tending to think its the three network and restrictions they seem to have.

You can pick up a new one for free or normally £1 at some shops.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Yes that's possible isn't it as a 4g sim may cause havoc with a 3g bluetooth unit.

My unit is B and it's been working 100% fine with RSAP ..I only been messing around changing to the E to get the WiFi

Right I been playing around with this ... I tried a Vodafone sim in my note 4 and the E unit works as it should ..wifi is working and sms can be read out.

So it would seem it's a problem with the 3 sim card, interstingly when I put the Vodafone sim in the note 4 and connected to the car a sms came from Vodafone saying the sim had been put in a new device so they can obviously tell ...I will try and contact 3 technical and see what they say but before that I may try a new sim

Well my new module arrived today 3C8 035 730E.

Fitted in minutes and has the aerial socket required for the car aerial. Works perfectly with Samsung S4 on EE, Full functions including wifi,  text stuff etc.

Now the interesting bit.

We have two S4 phones both on 3. 

One connects and uses the premium giving full access and use. YIPPEE!! including wifi. ( This has a 2014 sim fitted)

The other (Mine of course) connects to the premium but then drops out and reconnects using ordinary Bluetooth. Phone function is good but not using the premium interface and car aerial. So no wifi. 

No reason I can discover. This phone is rooted too and I would have thought this would be fine. Has unlimited data on an older 3 contract so tethering is never an issue.

Settings exactly the same in both phones and even the additional Bluetooth menu becomes available for remote sim access. 

Still I have phone access and the wife has Bluetooth media facility, now she is happy.

For info my unit came from Lithuania £94 inc postage delivered in 4 days. Genuine unit. Link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2015-VW-SKODA-SEAT-BLUETOOTH-WI-FI-HOT-SPOT-MODULE-3C8035730E-3C8-035-730-E-/131476966424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9ca34c18

Change sim card replace it with new but this was founded that it is sim problem mainly.

Wysłane z mojego iPhone przez Tapatalk

Yes I ordered a new sim with 3 last night ...so fingers crossed!

That's the same buyer I bought mine from ...very good service

Edited by silverdales

Well I'm at the end of the road with this ...I've tried a different sim looks different from my original and tried many different combinations and it's definitely wittled down to a problem with the 3 sim interstingly bother my units B and E always worked fine with rsap it was only the WiFi that was the issue for me

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been done with Octy's etc, but I've tried it with the Superb.

I have bought a 3C8 Bluetooth module for $180 (£111) from this eBay seller. (3C8035730A)

It arrived this morning from Portugal, installed in a few minutes, no coding needed, and works as a HandsFree device. - in my case, the BlackBerry i own DOES have rSAP but it is very sporadic when connecting; sometimes it'll be fine for a week, after 15 minutes of getting it connected, then, it'll never connect for a month.

If anyone is in the North East and would like to meet to try it with their phone, i dont have a problem at all emoticon-0100-smile.gif will try it later with my Wife's iPhone 3G.

So, on the whole, i feel it's a 'hunderd-quid REALLY well spent.

Go do it - it works!

2010 Superb with rSAP only - now 2010 Superb with rSAP and HFP! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Al.

Hi Al,

you seem to know what your talking about so would really appreciate your help. I have just bought a 2009 Superb II Elegance. It has the columbus sat nav. my iPhone 5S is recognised but not compatible, so i need to change the bluetooth kit under the seat.

can you confirm the model number for me please? I have see there is an "E" model out now with wifi on the 3C8 035......A that you had mentioned?

I simply want to be able to connect my iPhone 5S to the columbus for making/receiving call and for playing and controlling the music on my phone.

thanks

John Ireland

[email protected]

I had a similar issue with my iPhone 6 when i fitted my columbus,i bought a 3c805730e thing I'm gonna buy the newest available / i found out my iPhone would work fine in standard mode i never tried the music side but i wanted to use all the features so i changed phones to a samsung galaxy s6 that was a unlocked 3g branded phone & I'm using my virgin sim & all rsap functions are working fine without the need to root it.

The Columbus sat nav is irrelevant. The E module does RSAP & HFP. The latter being what you need for calls with your iPhone. It also does A2DP & AVRCP so streaming music from your iPhone will work too.

I'm not Al...

:thumbup:

Hi Al,

you seem to know what your talking about so would really appreciate your help. I have just bought a 2009 Superb II Elegance. It has the columbus sat nav. my iPhone 5S is recognised but not compatible, so i need to change the bluetooth kit under the seat.

can you confirm the model number for me please? I have see there is an "E" model out now with wifi on the 3C8 035......A that you had mentioned?

I simply want to be able to connect my iPhone 5S to the columbus for making/receiving call and for playing and controlling the music on my phone.

thanks

John Ireland

[email protected]

Hi guys,
I used so far with no pb a Samsung S3 on my Superb II 2013 (suppose is a D BT module). Recently I have switched to Galaxy S6, changed the sim from micro to nano and I'm facing the following issue: the phone gets connected to the car system through BT but after about 10-20 seconds it is disconnected and then reconnects and so on...

The problem comes apparently randomly since sometime works just fine all the trip home or to the office.

Not sure if someone noticed the BT icons on the phone: sometimes only one icon is shown on the top right corner, next to the clock and sometimes an additional BT icon is shown on the top left corner. If both icons are present then the issue appear (hope my remark is not wrong).

Any idea about the icons meaning or for solving this?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the bluetooth icon on the left is for the phonebook and the one on the right is for the bluetooth connection... I am not sure though, but I will see what mine displays next time it disconnects to see if it shows 1 or 2 icons.. 

I do know it is a known issue that VAG bluetooth systems and Samsung phone books can have issues.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found the answer in the meantime. One icon means a simple BT connection, while two icons means BT+rSAP. After unchecking the access to SIM (or phone book?) on the BT pair configuration, the connection is stable but not benefiting by the WIFI hotspot (not a big issue for me).

Hello all

I've just bought a Skoda Superb 2010 with a Columbus Sat Nav and would really appreciate some help with two problems I'm having:

1 - The firmware seems to be really old (no access to secret Setup menu, no 7 digit postcode) but without accessing the secret menu I don't know how to check the firmware and start the process of upgrading.  Any clues with older models?  Can't seato find the answer here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/298284-guide-upgrading-columbus-firmware-and-maps/page-11

2 - The bluetooth module doesn't seem to work with my iPhone 5.  I think that the answer is here and my module is 5NO 035 730 C, but i just wanted to see if anyone knew  what the current best module to upgrade to was?  Ideally I'd love to use A2DP and read texts on the screen (though appreciate that the lack of rSAP will probably mean no text reading) 

Many thanks for any help with these.  Ideally I'd like not to have to take the unit out of the dash to see the firmware but guess I need to do that before knowing which version to update to?  Also, should I tackle the firmware or bluetooth first?!

Thanks very much in advance

Dan

First i would update firmware. When i bought mine, i had no bluetooth option with 5S , but after updated it, i found the connection and now everything is fine.

Maybe i made mistakes before the updates , but i think really make sense to do it first.

But why no secret menu? You really need to hold the buttons for long time! ;)

From tapatalk

Thanks - I did just try sitting there for three minutes and definitely no setup menu! Can't yet access the map with VCDS-enabled members - or bear to take my dashboard apart! - but will hopefully move things forward soon. Thanks again for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Can anyone here tell me what the latest Bluetooth part number is for RSAP?

I bought module 5N0 035 730C when I bought my car to replace the previous module so that my work Blackberry could connect. Whilst not perfect it was successful most of the time and I was able to enjoy handsfree calls. However I was not able connect my own iphone 5c using that module.

Now my blackberry has been updated to replace a broken handset before we completely switch to Samsung devices shortly and it now won't connect at all to the module so it looks like I need to upgrade the module again.

What is the latest module available or if anyone has connected a iphone 5C or 6 mobile phone to the car kit what module is fitted to that car?

hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Superb 2010 estate with Swing audio that will not connect to my iPhone, thought I would take a look at the module you all talk about under the seat but there is no box. Is this possible or am I not looking at the right place?

Edited by wertok

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone here tell me what the latest Bluetooth part number is for RSAP?

I bought module 5N0 035 730C when I bought my car to replace the previous module so that my work Blackberry could connect. Whilst not perfect it was successful most of the time and I was able to enjoy handsfree calls. However I was not able connect my own iphone 5c using that module.

Now my blackberry has been updated to replace a broken handset before we completely switch to Samsung devices shortly and it now won't connect at all to the module so it looks like I need to upgrade the module again.

What is the latest module available or if anyone has connected a iphone 5C or 6 mobile phone to the car kit what module is fitted to that car?

hope that makes sense.

I fitted module 3C8 035 730E. See my post dated 1st June.

This works fine with I phone 6 connection and wifi etc.

Goos luck.