rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

I had a play with my wifes new samsung s5 mini on virgin mobile & it works perfect on my latest spec rsap bluetooth module without any jailbreaking just straight out of the box  :nerd:

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help please, I have a Columbus with 3C8035730C bluetooth module in my 2009 Superb.  I don't see the additional bluetooth media pairing in the MFD and the bluetooth option is greyed out on the Columbus.  From everything I've read I though the 3C8035730C should support A2DP.  Has anyone seen this or know what might be wrong?

Thanks

There is a separate media player pairing via the bluetooth sub menu. Are you saying you have checked and that's not there?

yup, I've been through all of the menus with a fine tooth-comb and I have nothing in any of them for media player pairing.  Is this likely to be an issue with the bluetooth module? or could it be something else canbus or the Columbus?

Thanks

There must be something wrong then. I've had the 3C8 035 730 B, and now I have the D version. Both have BT audio, although the D version supports it better (with song titles on screen of Amundsen/Columbus). The C version must support A2DP just as well.

• 1 month later...

So I fitted my new replacement module ordered from a seller in the uk. I ordered it following the information provided by from andrehj and wens66 above. He had bought it by mistake for his Octavia.

Straight plug in for the new module and it worked straight away with my iPhone 5 and 6s (new work phone).

It even brought back the steering wheel selection buttons that hadn't worked since I bought the last module I fitted, without having to alter via VCDS.

However for some reason when it is connected as a media player I am only getting sound on the right channel. Any ideas?

Edited by pdrisc

However for some reason when it is connected as a media player I am only getting sound on the right channel. Any ideas?

Yes. That is a well-known problem for older S2's: The wires needed to transport the left audio from the carkit to the head unit are missing. It seems there are upgrade sets available. 

But if you intend to upgrade: Don't. The audio quality via the MDI is better. So I never use my BT audio.

you can do it cheaply yourself with some cat5e shielded cable and termination ends from TPS for pence for stereo sound. As for sound quality I find very little difference and is worth it much more for convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new to this site!

I run a 12 plate elegance 2.0 170 estate, when listening to podcasts/music via Bluetooth streaming, minutes and seconds counter reads o, seems to work fine when playing cd's... Any ideas

Cheers

Firmware is the software installed on the devices. Think of it as an operating system like Windows. You can find new versions on the website mygti for both the Bluetooth and satnav. If you have limited knowledge I recommend you ask someone who is experienced however as you can brick (tech term for kill) the unit

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I've done the mentioned upgrade and everything's working fine but I can't see any option for the mobile WiFi? Any tips? Do I need anything else apart from the new bt module? Cheers

Which module have you installed? Most don't support WiFi, only the 3C8 D and E revs do.

Hi, it's the D revision unit, didn't realise it's had to be connected through rsap, just read back a couple of pages of this thread, what are the differences between rsap and hfp? Can I atoll stream media when in rsap?

Yes. You can even connect a different media player to phone if you wish. But lots of phones eg iPhones will not connect using rSap.

Edited by adamal

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just changed my phone to a sony m4 aqua on virgin contact & i can confirm it works with my latest model kit in the superb in Rsap mode as stock without root.

Edited by *murph*

• 4 weeks later...

hello just picked up my first skoda 09 elegance yesterday and after a drive back from manchester am very impressed with it...everything works apart from pairing my phone..have tried to search for devices but cant find my phone[nokia lumia 635 year old now]....hope some one can help and thanx in advanced david

hello just picked up my first skoda 09 elegance yesterday and after a drive back from manchester am very impressed with it...everything works apart from pairing my phone..have tried to search for devices but cant find my phone[nokia lumia 635 year old now]....hope some one can help and thanx in advanced david

the sim card is on ee 4g

• 1 month later...

Hi I just bought my Superb two days ago and have problem with streaming music via Bluetooth from my phone. When I first time tried to connect my phone I had Bluetooth symbol in media right behind AUX (it was grey so I couldn't click on it) but don't have it anymore tried also check my software update but apart from FM/AM don't have anything else.

My Skoda is from 2009 Elegance. 

Please if you could help me. If is in case of updating my columbus how can I do it and where from can I download it update itself ?