The ultimate Mk2 wheel whore thread

[/size][/font][/b][/size][/font]You'll need adaptors as you need a 5x112 for the Octy2. So hubcentric adaptors and suitable wheel bolts would do the trick. BUT they're already a 45 offset, so by the time you add a 15mm spacer (the lowest reliable thickness for a reliable hubcentric), you'd be at ET30. Which on a 7.5J wheel will sit too far out in the arch IMO.

I'm more thinking of using 'wobble' bolts like these, which allow a 114 pcd wheel to fit a 112 hub. I'd need spigot rings for the centre bore too it would seem. I'm just wary of using spigot rings AND wobble bolts!

I wouldn't use spacers as these wheels should sit out by 6mm more than standard anyway if my calculations are right? I have 15mm spacers on the std 7.5J wheels now, but I could live with losing 9mm..... :yes:

What do we think of the colour?

Sorry Wardy maybe I haven't made it clear. I'm not talking about not wanting to use spacers-are you possibly mixing them up with hub ADAPTORS, which adapt wheel PCD's? :wonder:

I was pointing out that an offset of ET45 will make the wheels stick out 6mm more than standard (ET51) anyway, even though the wheels are the same 7.5J width. Therefore I wouldn't put 15mm spacers on as well. :no:

Wobble bolts will enable 114 PCD wheels to be bolted straight onto 112 PCD hubs via a clever 'head' on them.

The bit I'm worried about is whether a combination of wobble bolts and spigot rings (to reduce the centre bore to 57.1mm) will cause problems. If the centre bore was 57.1mm and the PCD was 114 I'd go for it no probs, but with both 'adaptations' needed maybe not...

OK - yes I should have used the term 'adaptor'. In effect a spacer with adaptation incorporated :)

In answer to your question, I'm aware of what wobble bolts do. My answer was that I'd only ever use an 'adaptor' to fit wheels of a non-compliant PCD.

It's also my view that you should only ever use wobble bolts with a fully hubcentric wheel, i.e. one with the correct centre bore. Fitting a spigot ring to fix that particular issue isn't sufficient in my view.

Hope that helps.

I've known people run 114 super RSs on 112 hubs with wobble bolts. The combo of the wobble bolts and spigot rings shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm......decisions, decisions...

OK - yes I should have used the term 'adaptor'. In effect a spacer with adaptation incorporated :)

In answer to your question, I'm aware of what wobble bolts do. My answer was that I'd only ever use an 'adaptor' to fit wheels of a non-compliant PCD.

It's also my view that you should only ever use wobble bolts with a fully hubcentric wheel, i.e. one with the correct centre bore. Fitting a spigot ring to fix that particular issue isn't sufficient in my view.

Hope that helps.

Sorry chief I didn't mean to be pernickity :giggle: , just wanted to make it clear, especially for future readers!! :thumbup:

Got the offer of a set of these. Genuine too http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK5-GOLF-GTI-Edition-30-Pescara-Alloy-Wheel-OEM-VW-Audi-/120690195832?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item1c19b23d78

7.5 x 18 offset of ET54. However would be using the 15mm Hubcentric spacers so it would move them out nicely at the rear.

People like them?

People like them?

Look pretty similar to CHs - they're not my personal favourites :no:

What makes me laugh in the ebay ad though is the fact the bloke describes the damage as 'wheel rash' - to my mind that's been absolutely tw-@-tted

post-37884-0-97335100-1299019456_thumb.jpg

Got the offer of a set of these. Genuine too http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK5-GOLF-GTI-Edition-30-Pescara-Alloy-Wheel-OEM-VW-Audi-/120690195832?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item1c19b23d78

7.5 x 18 offset of ET54. However would be using the 15mm Hubcentric spacers so it would move them out nicely at the rear.

People like them?

Those are CH029s. They are a pretty nice wheel and the OEM colour is a great shade of silver. Personally, I think CH028s are a nicer fitment at 8J ET43 and the extra width makes the profile of the face look better too. Harder to find though.

Those are CH029s. They are a pretty nice wheel and the OEM colour is a great shade of silver. Personally, I think CH028s are a nicer fitment at 8J ET43 and the extra width makes the profile of the face look better too. Harder to find though.

Regards the extra width looking better can you explain this. How different would the same diameter wheel at a very similar ET look different. I have seen 7.5 / 8 / 8.5 width 18" wheels available but how would these appear on a car if running the same ET ?

Anyone for Helios'? Just found these....

They've been up for sale for a while on Edition 38 :yes:

IMO they look a little bit too, how do I say this, boring? :|

Yeah, he's not been able to shift those. Probably because they're white and the E38 ad was for too much money :D

I really like them. Boring isn't a word I'd use, but horses for courses.... :thumbup:

When are yours arriving Bryan?

Excellent. Thought they might be on in time for the March NW meet, if you were coming - but perhaps that's pushing it...

It's not looking promising for Sunday - pics will be up ASAP though, as if you hadn't guessed :)